ADVERTISEMENT

***Official United States 2022 World Cup Roster Thread***

Gregg should be done either way. I'm not a Gregg hater but not a big fan of coaches sticking around for multiple cycles.
I’m curious if Jesse Marsh has any interest in coaching the MNT. I suppose it would be all about timing as I don’t think he’d leave Leeds to be the USMNT coach, but might take the job if he was let go.

Last edited:
I’d argue that the changes made creating the academies and also MLS Next over the past 5-10 years has been a huge step towards the US becoming far more competitive at the highest levels. You can see that in the shift of former college players to guys who went pro as teens. The guys that are on the team now are the first wave of this change… so there’s more and more coming up.

Bingo. The US will only be elite when we get as many Tre’vons playing as we have Trevors. See the current World Champions…
AP_18196610315313%25203.jpg
We need more kids playing and sticking with soccer. Tavian Banks had Mbappe level acceleration but was convinced by Fry not to continue playing soccer. I think Tavian had the ability to play at the international level in time but didn’t even try because Fry forbid it.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I’d argue that the changes made creating the academies and also MLS Next over the past 5-10 years has been a huge step towards the US becoming far more competitive at the highest levels. You can see that in the shift of former college players to guys who went pro as teens. The guys that are on the team now are the first wave of this change… so there’s more and more coming up.
No argument. It has helped immensely.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT