ADVERTISEMENT

***Official United States 2022 World Cup Roster Thread***

I figure Aaronson and Renya could both play midfield if needed.

Aaronson I feel like will be our super sub off the bench. Depending on whether or not GB decides to go with a traditional #9, I think our best 3 up top is Pulisic, Weah, and Reyna.

I wouldn’t either - we don’t have a 6th midfielder I feel super confident in.

Busio is another guy I wouldn’t mind seeing also.

I still have Busio in my 26!

Aaronson I feel like will be our super sub off the bench. Depending on whether or not GB decides to go with a traditional #9, I think our best 3 up top is Pulisic, Weah, and Reyna.

Personally, I want Aaronson in the starting 11 because he can and will run his butt off for 90 min. The guy presses so hard and takes that first line of defense thing seriously.

I still have Busio in my 26!

Personally, I want Aaronson in the starting 11 because he can and will run his butt off for 90 min. The guy presses so hard and takes that first line of defense thing seriously.

I’m just not totally sure who he starts over if everyone is healthy. He’s absolutely a guy I think is a starter in ‘26!if he stays on track - absolutely exploded the past year.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
If healthy, I want Weah to start. He was the best player during WCQ

I almost wonder if a false 9 formation with either Reyna or Pulisic underneath the other two would be the best formation for now. Very disappointing that no one stepped up and claimed the 9 position as theirs.

We are getting closer to roster drop day.

Anyone you want to drop/add from your initial lists?

At this point, just praying for no injuries to any of the key guys. Frustrating that I think the roster for '26 looks fantastic, but we are a bit thin in terms of WC-ready talent. Guys like Gio and Brendan will be real X factors for how dangerous the US attack could be. Key will be expected reservists like De La Torre, Acosta for the midfield to spell Weston and Adams.

Even with missing the last WC, absolutely mind-boggling that only Yedlin will have prior WC experience. Really speaks to that Lost Generation that led to missing the WC in '18.

At this point, just praying for no injuries to any of the key guys. Frustrating that I think the roster for '26 looks fantastic, but we are a bit thin in terms of WC-ready talent. Guys like Gio and Brendan will be real X factors for how dangerous the US attack could be. Key will be expected reservists like De La Torre, Acosta for the midfield to spell Weston and Adams.

Even with missing the last WC, absolutely mind-boggling that only Yedlin will have prior WC experience. Really speaks to that Lost Generation that led to missing the WC in '18.

Maybe the Sounders collapse, Iowa football stinking and the lack of anything positive from the last 2 friendlies has got me thinking negatively but I've been on the train that this is all just building experience for 2026. You can't really think that way since this tournament only comes around once every four years but I just can't help it. We are so green in so many areas as you pointed out.

I am glad that guys have routinely earned minutes in the Champions League and some of the big clubs in Europe but there is nothing like the World Cup.

Speaking of staying healthy...

Maybe the Sounders collapse, Iowa football stinking and the lack of anything positive from the last 2 friendlies has got me thinking negatively but I've been on the train that this is all just building experience for 2026. You can't really think that way since this tournament only comes around once every four years but I just can't help it. We are so green in so many areas as you pointed out.

I am glad that guys have routinely earned minutes in the Champions League and some of the big clubs in Europe but there is nothing like the World Cup.

I don’t view it as being negative about this squad next month. For me, it’s more that just about every player of note on the roster is under 25. Most are even younger, each and every one of them should be entering their prime in 4 years.

Saw that. Sounds like he should still be available for the WC, but yikes. Just praying for the next 3 weekend for everyone to stay healthy.

I don’t view it as being negative about this squad next month. For me, it’s more that just about every player of note on the roster is under 25. Most are even younger, each and every one of them should be entering their prime in 4 years.

Saw that. Sounds like he should still be available for the WC, but yikes. Just praying for the next 3 weekend for everyone to stay healthy.
Unfortunate, but he’s a depth piece.

Everyone was on their feet at the MLS Cup Final for Carlos Vela getting a dangerous free kick. Then Kellyn Acosta stepped up…

Everyone was on their feet at the MLS Cup Final for Carlos Vela getting a dangerous free kick. Then Kellyn Acosta stepped up…

What a freaking final. I just don't have a clue why they played now instead of tomorrow.

Bedoya got hurt in the game though. Add another USMNT player to the list of concerns.

Sounds like Richards will be out.

Davies out for Canada after his injury in Bayern?

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
What a freaking final. I just don't have a clue why they played now instead of tomorrow.

Bedoya got hurt in the game though. Add another USMNT player to the list of concerns.

Sounds like Richards will be out.

Davies out for Canada after his injury in Bayern?
Pretty sure bedoya wasn’t on the radar.

Reactions: Dorrman
Pretty sure bedoya wasn’t on the radar.

You don’t think so? I thought he may have an outside shot. I saw his name still floated every now and then but you are right he hasn't been in the roation a ton recently.

Not going to lie, when I originally posted I had a brain fart and was thinking Arriola (fully know the difference between the two, lol).

You don’t think so? I thought he may have an outside shot. I saw his name still floated every now and then but you are right he hasn't been in the roation a ton recently.

Not going to lie, when I originally posted I had a brain fart and was thinking Arriola (fully know the difference between the two, lol).

bedoya is 30+ now isn’t he? Had a brief decent run with kinsman as the coach, but honestly never should have been much more than a sub for the most part imo.

Are other countries having as many issues with injuries as the US is? Because, you know, they are playing this in the middle of the professional seasons?

Are other countries having as many issues with injuries as the US is? Because, you know, they are playing this in the middle of the professional seasons?
Yes, Canada took a hit this past week. Many teams have lost guys. So beyond having this in Qatar also having in middle of season is also stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT