ADVERTISEMENT

Official Welcome Home Johnstownsteel Thread

Fellas, let’s not be the guy that has too much to drink and ruins another’s party. These boards are supposed to be fun, but we should also keep things within reason.
You weren’t a fan of the personalized memes that just scream “obsessed,” “triggered,” and “delusional”?

Fellas, let’s not be the guy that has too much to drink and ruins another’s party. These boards are supposed to be fun, but we should also keep things within reason.

I’m glad someone (finally) said something. I haven’t been a member for long enough to say it, and I’ve had my moments where I prob lack the credibility to say it, but I think it’s been a bit overkill and I hope HR gets their board back soon. I don’t think this would have gone over well if the roles were reversed either.

66314354.jpg

@SCHawk
Odd take. Not surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: backdrft76
I’m glad someone (finally) said something. I haven’t been a member for long enough to say it, and I’ve had my moments where I prob lack the credibility to say it, but I think it’s been a bit overkill and I hope HR gets their board back soon. I don’t think this would have gone over well if the roles were reversed either.
This. It really shouldn't be that hard to post civilly. I get that Hawk fans and PSU fans are going to disagree about things, but I enjoy the civil banter and differences in opinions on things. That is what a rivalry should be. I don't ever go to BWI, but I really don't mind if others do or opposing fans post here as long as it is for useful info or discussion. Posting for the sole purpose of trolling or being an ass is pretty childish and it is pretty easy to just ignore those posters. Some need to take advantage of this feature more often!

This. It really shouldn't be that hard to post civilly. I get that Hawk fans and PSU fans are going to disagree about things, but I enjoy the civil banter and differences in opinions on things. That is what a rivalry should be. I don't ever go to BWI, but I really don't mind if others do or opposing fans post here as long as it is for useful info or discussion. Posting for the sole purpose of trolling or being an ass is pretty childish and it is pretty easy to just ignore those posters. Some need to take advantage of this feature more often!
Amen!

Z

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I’m fine with other fans posting here but it’s hardly ever for civil banter, as you call it. Especially now that other fans smell blood, they are circling like sharks, yet our own mod tell us to calm down.

Now that same mod un-bans someone who religiously posts on BWI about how he misses trolling on HR, all because said poster flirted with him and batted his eyes at our mod on a BWI thread a few times last night. You can’t make this crap up.

Then he responds to this post by you with an Amen, like he’s a disappointed father scolding his misbehaving child. It’s a challenge to get banned from this place. If you got banned you probably deserved it.

Mike says he wants civil discourse, but in the same breath un-bans one of the few people that have actually been banned. You can’t have it both ways.

if you don’t like your job and moderating a board then maybe you should retire and go fishing full time. I’m over the high and mighty “act civilly” campaign when you pull stuff like this.

Check my post history, I’m biased but civil. This one move is asinine and hypocritical in my opinion.

I’m fine with other fans posting here but it’s hardly ever for civil banter, as you call it. Especially now that other fans smell blood, they are circling like sharks, yet our own mad tell us to calm down.

Now that same mod un-bans someone who religiously posts on BWI about how he misses trolling on HR, all because said poster flirted with him and batted his eyes at our mod on a BWI thread a few times last night. You can’t make this crap up.

Then he responds to this post by you with an Amen, like he’s a disappointed father scolding his misbehaving child. It’s a challenge to get banned from this place. If you got banned you probably deserved it.

Mike says he wants civil discourse, but in the same breath un-bans one of the few people that have actually been banned. You can’t have it both ways.

if you don’t like your job and moderating a board then maybe you should retire and go fishing full time. I’m over the high and mighty “act civilly” campaign when you pull stuff like this.

Check my post history, I’m biased but civil. This one move is asinine and hypocritical in my opinion.
Amen.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
. . . Check my post history, I’m biased but civil. This one move is asinine and hypocritical in my opinion.

Here’s some civility only a week old . . .
Will do! keep coming back occasionally to tell us how Caels ass taste!
How does such a thought even enter one’s mind? And then get posted? And sometimes I think I’m weird. 🤷‍♂️

I see a lot of this “I only sh*tpost because someone else said something mean” excuse a lot on here.

What happened to personal agency? Are you that easily manipulated?

Does personal agency only apply to those who respond to trolls or does that also apply to trolls?

Who sh*tpost first, the guy responding or the guy being responded too.

You can question 5% of my posts or you can question why 5% of those posts are the way they are. I’m sure you’ll pick whichever best fits your narrative anyway.

I know who I am, I’m a 100% biased, find providing Hawkeye and Hawkeye fan that gets tired of reading snide remarks from PSU fans. It’s not all PSU fans and it’s not all the time, but it’s enough.

Does personal agency only apply to those who respond to trolls or does that also apply to trolls?

Who sh*tpost first, the guy responding or the guy being responded too.

You can question 5% of my posts or you can question why 5% of those posts are the way they are. I’m sure you’ll pick whichever best fits your narrative anyway.

I know who I am, I’m a 100% biased, find providing Hawkeye and Hawkeye fan that gets tired of reading snide remarks from PSU fans. It’s not all PSU fans and it’s not all the time, but it’s enough.

To be fair, I don’t think most of your posts are anywhere near the level of some of the people who get lampooned on BWI.

You're mostly up front about things and although you acknowledge you’re biased, you’re consistent.

Aw heck, I might be starting to like you.

I’m fine with other fans posting here but it’s hardly ever for civil banter, as you call it. Especially now that other fans smell blood, they are circling like sharks, yet our own mod tell us to calm down.

Don't get me wrong 1986, there are some F%n St. posters on here that get the ignore from me pretty quick. This last two weeks there have been a couple that I pulled the plug on and that is saying something as I could count on both hands that number over the last 5 or so years. I have never ignored a Hawk fan and I don't plan on it as I figure if you cheer for the good guys you can't be all bad. I do find myself clicking the "show ignored content" sometimes and I am almost always reminded of why I ditched them in the first place. The "poor" posters and the "good" posters rarely change from my experience!

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Don't get me wrong 1986, there are some F%n St. posters on here that get the ignore from me pretty quick. This last two weeks there have been a couple that I pulled the plug on and that is saying something as I could count on both hands that number over the last 5 or so years. I have never ignored a Hawk fan and I don't plan on it as I figure if you cheer for the good guys you can't be all bad. I do find myself clicking the "show ignored content" sometimes and I am almost always reminded of why I ditched them in the first place. The "poor" posters and the "good" posters rarely change from my experience!
I don’t like using the ignore button, as I assume if you’re a wrestling fan than there’s something we agree on. In fact, I think I’ve only ignored 2-3 posters. I freaking love wrestling and I’ll talk all day to someone about it. In person I don’t think I’d dislike hardly anyone on this forum, no matter what color they’re wearing. But I can’t stand the keyboard warrior crap. They seem to wear being a prick like a badge of honor. I’ve been to BWI (again, I freaking love talking wrestling) most of their threads turn into Iowa bashing, or you can’t believe what they’re saying about this on Hr, or man I can’t wait to troll those guys about this thing.

It’s a joke over there, but what I find funny is they talk about Iowa on BWI as much as we do here. So, when our mod tells us to calm down, it’s laughable. I like the guy, he seems like a decent fella, and who doesn’t like fishing, but that’s the biggest joke of all.

I’m done talking about this now. Let’s talk wrestling. Freaking go Hawks.

To be fair, I don’t think most of your posts are anywhere near the level of some of the people who get lampooned on BWI.

You're mostly up front about things and although you acknowledge you’re biased, you’re consistent.

Aw heck, I might be starting to like you.
Bwi is soft!! Always has been!! New fans jump right in when winning applies. Them fans weren’t there before Cael got there!! Now winning become normal thousands of fans show up!! Then y’all are here because Iowa is Iowa!! Makes me sick. Again Penn st didn’t even have a rivals page until Cael got there!! New to wrestling!!

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and NCHawk5
And another thing the east coast people aka psu fans can’t tell me nothing. I’m from the east coast!! Connected to clubs/coaches. More then 90% of the psu fans are. Winning helps that’s facts!!

Reactions: NCHawk5
ADVERTISEMENT