ADVERTISEMENT

Official Welcome Home Johnstownsteel Thread

I’m fine with other fans posting here but it’s hardly ever for civil banter, as you call it. Especially now that other fans smell blood, they are circling like sharks, yet our own mod tell us to calm down.

Now that same mod un-bans someone who religiously posts on BWI about how he misses trolling on HR, all because said poster flirted with him and batted his eyes at our mod on a BWI thread a few times last night. You can’t make this crap up.

Then he responds to this post by you with an Amen, like he’s a disappointed father scolding his misbehaving child. It’s a challenge to get banned from this place. If you got banned you probably deserved it.

Mike says he wants civil discourse, but in the same breath un-bans one of the few people that have actually been banned. You can’t have it both ways.

if you don’t like your job and moderating a board then maybe you should retire and go fishing full time. I’m over the high and mighty “act civilly” campaign when you pull stuff like this.

Check my post history, I’m biased but civil. This one move is asinine and hypocritical in my opinion.

Bwi is soft!! Always has been!! New fans jump right in when winning applies. Them fans weren’t there before Cael got there!! Now winning become normal thousands of fans show up!! Then y’all are here because Iowa is Iowa!! Makes me sick. Again Penn st didn’t even have a rivals page until Cael got there!! New to wrestling!!
Missed a few, but you hit most of them.

I figured some of you would have a template or auto text set up for this by now.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Missed a few, but you hit most of them.

I figured some of you would have a template or auto text set up for this.
Nah they banned me two years ago for good reason!! However I was honest with my assessment at that point!! Ended up being wrong. Before I could apologize was deleted. Again soft. Iowa rivals excepts all. Even you clowns that are here

Reactions: NCHawk5
Nah they banned me two years ago for good reason!! However I was honest with my assessment at that point!! Ended up being wrong. Before I could apologize was deleted. Again soft. Iowa rivals excepts all. Even you clowns that are here
I got the ban hammer as well. All I did was throw a couple of polls on their board.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I got the ban hammer as well. All I did was throw a couple of polls on their board.
Yeah. However I wouldn’t go back even if allowed. Just not for me. Half the people there act entitled like they are part of the roster. That’s the difference between here and there. We just care!!! They feel entitled like part of the roster!!! We are!!! Lmao clowns!!!!

Reactions: NCHawk5
I’m fine with other fans posting here but it’s hardly ever for civil banter, as you call it. Especially now that other fans smell blood, they are circling like sharks, yet our own mod tell us to calm down.

Now that same mod un-bans someone who religiously posts on BWI about how he misses trolling on HR, all because said poster flirted with him and batted his eyes at our mod on a BWI thread a few times last night. You can’t make this crap up.

Then he responds to this post by you with an Amen, like he’s a disappointed father scolding his misbehaving child. It’s a challenge to get banned from this place. If you got banned you probably deserved it.

Mike says he wants civil discourse, but in the same breath un-bans one of the few people that have actually been banned. You can’t have it both ways.

if you don’t like your job and moderating a board then maybe you should retire and go fishing full time. I’m over the high and mighty “act civilly” campaign when you pull stuff like this.

Check my post history, I’m biased but civil. This one move is asinine and hypocritical in my opinion.
You guys read so much into stuff its laughable.

"Everyone is out to get us" is old and tired. They aren't. Do some go to far? Probably, but really, we set it up on a tee for them.

I have considered taking a step back, a break if you will. But, my allegiance and loyalty to this site run deep, and it doesn't let me do it. I guess I'm old school that way. Do I like moderating? No. Who the hell would? I got an answer for you: Nobody likes it. It's just a necessary evil because people hide behind anonymous screen names and feel like they can say whatever they want. It's been that way since message boards started. I've been around them since dial up days. It really hasn't changed much, I think the last 5 years or so have been more trying than any other time I can remember.

I did make the decision to unban @johnstownsteel. It was based on recent interaction and did not happen without discussion on both sides. It's been six years and no one remembers what was said or why the ban happened. He knows he's on a short leash. I've also talked with a couple others about things that have taken place here the last couple days. They weren't egregious things, just stuff that wasn't helpful. Compliance was the theme. Always has been. Again, I tend to let stuff go longer than say Tom or Blair, but, that's my style.

You have to find a happy medium people. I've found mine after years and years of doing this. And, I will remind you, I do this because I'm a Hawkeye fan first, and because I chose to help. It's not a job. I'm a fan, just like all of you. That's all, there's no agenda, there's nothing about doing this that's fun. Most of the time, it's just plain horrible.

Anytime you want to do it, let me know, I'll get you with the right people. Then I can change my line of thinking and give you grief for the decisions you do or don't make. Or go fishing.................cause that day is coming!

Mike

I don’t like using the ignore button, as I assume if you’re a wrestling fan than there’s something we agree on. In fact, I think I’ve only ignored 2-3 posters. I freaking love wrestling and I’ll talk all day to someone about it. In person I don’t think I’d dislike hardly anyone on this forum, no matter what color they’re wearing. But I can’t stand the keyboard warrior crap. They seem to wear being a prick like a badge of honor. I’ve been to BWI (again, I freaking love talking wrestling) most of their threads turn into Iowa bashing, or you can’t believe what they’re saying about this on Hr, or man I can’t wait to troll those guys about this thing.

It’s a joke over there, but what I find funny is they talk about Iowa on BWI as much as we do here. So, when our mod tells us to calm down, it’s laughable. I like the guy, he seems like a decent fella, and who doesn’t like fishing, but that’s the biggest joke of all.

I’m done talking about this now. Let’s talk wrestling. Freaking go Hawks.
I don't like fishing.

I did make the decision to unban @johnstownsteel. It was based on recent interaction and did not happen without discussion on both sides. It's been six years and no one remembers what was said or why the ban happened. He knows he's on a short leash.
Are you unaware that you have banned JTS at least a dozen times in the last six years?

Can you name any of these?
More unsubstantiated claims here. I guess some will never learn.

Really though, they're making a big deal about nothing . I'm already on ignore by just about every Hawk fan that posts here plus I'm pretty much "retired" from this board. And besides, the best of the best Hawk fans that even go to the forums to talk post over on Nittany Nation as well. Those are the guys that really bring great stuff to the table and are great people on and off the boards.

So... Really not a whole lot to come over here for anyway besides maybe giving a little push back when they try to disparage our program and athletes. I mean, they do that alot still but really, does anyone even listen to them anymore? They've pretty much lost all credibility. The entire internet knows this..

Reactions: backdrft76
Morleys Dog
giphy.gif

Well boys.... Thanks for the party. I'm pooped... gonna be going now. Last person here make sure you turn out the lights on your way out. See ya over on Nittany Nation. :)

Not on this board. Someone else beat me to it on this board. It's a free country.
Are you gopher fan? I may be thinking someone else. A gopher fan w grapple in their handle got banded and came back w an extra letter to get around the banning.

My apologies for insinuation

ok, then your responsibility as moderator is to shut this NONE WRESTLING TROL stuff down. this is SUPPOSE to be a site to ENJOY and discuss wrestling. doesn’t take much thought to see what psu trolls are doing here….seems to be working with NO HELP from our moderators here.

Are you gopher fan? I may be thinking someone else. A gopher fan w grapple in their handle got banded and came back w an extra letter to get around the banning.

That was Grappler6 (which I find hilarious that reasonable posters like him and crablegs and others have been banned... I digress) and he came back with the name backwards I thought like 6relpparg or something.

WDMHawkeye was banned for something said on the football board or something I think was the story and he came back as WWDMHawkeye.

Reactions: slushhead

Not a Gopher fan, but don't hate them either. No apologies necessary.
Never posted much on other boards, or other sports. Only here.

That was Grappler6 (which I find hilarious that reasonable posters like him and crablegs and others have been banned... I digress) and he came back with the name backwards I thought like 6relpparg or something.

WDMHawkeye was banned for something said on the football board or something I think was the story and he came back as WWDMHawkeye.
Yeah your right.

Reactions: slushhead
More unsubstantiated claims here. I guess some will never learn.

Really though, they're making a big deal about nothing . I'm already on ignore by just about every Hawk fan that posts here plus I'm pretty much "retired" from this board. And besides, the best of the best Hawk fans that even go to the forums to talk post over on Nittany Nation as well. Those are the guys that really bring great stuff to the table and are great people on and off the boards.

So... Really not a whole lot to come over here for anyway besides maybe giving a little push back when they try to disparage our program and athletes. I mean, they do that alot still but really, does anyone even listen to them anymore? They've pretty much lost all credibility. The entire internet knows this..
Good Lord, a mod on these boards actually unbanned you?? The king of scum bags that have ever come to the HR. You've never had any credibility over here. I bet your chest is puffed out feeling pretty tough right about now, lol. Keep living your life on the internet....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT