ADVERTISEMENT

Official Welcome Home Johnstownsteel Thread

Good Lord, a mod on these boards actually unbanned you?? The king of scum bags that have ever come to the HR. You've never had any credibility over here. I bet your chest is puffed out feeling pretty tough right about now, lol. Keep living your life on the internet....
Are you ok?

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Am I ok?? Heck yes, I'm doing great. I had an awesome weekend. It's a beautiful, sunny Monday and things have been very productive in the office. Got to spend a couple days in Iowa City last week. Life doesn't get much better.
OK.. Great!

Reactions: el dub
Good Lord, a mod on these boards actually unbanned you?? The king of scum bags that have ever come to the HR. You've never had any credibility over here. I bet your chest is puffed out feeling pretty tough right about now, lol. Keep living your life on the internet....
how did you forget 21guns?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
So Trolls are out of control lately. Who are some of the most ignored users on HR. As of right now I only have 1 person on ignore but I'm going to start adding to that list. Curious as to who the top ignored people are on this forum.

So Trolls are out of control lately. Who are some of the most ignored users on HR. As of right now I only have 1 person on ignore but I'm going to start adding to that list. Curious as to who the top ignored people are on this forum.
If I had to guess?...
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnyt9 and el dub
JTS made a pitch to BWI a couple days ago and asked for us to take it easy over here. So in honor of that request and out of respect for the bridge he's building with Mike, I think you may see less trolling lately.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
let me be clear i do not want the fun bunch banned and i do not put any of them on ignore. i understand why they are here, have you ever read their forum(yawn). whenever i can't sleep i punch up bwi instant zzzzs, so boring.

let me be clear i do not want the fun bunch banned and i do not put any of them on ignore. i understand why they are here, have you ever read their forum(yawn). whenever i can't sleep i punch up bwi instant zzzzs, so boring.
There is definitely an infatuation of sorts….I actually think it’s a compliment to Iowa fans that they would venture over looking for wrestling conversation on a rival fan base forum. It does somewhat go both way.
Z

There is definitely an infatuation of sorts….I actually think it’s a compliment to Iowa fans that they would venture over looking for wrestling conversation on a rival fan base forum. It does somewhat go both way.
Z
And then you got a guy like Idahopennstatefan , trolling away in the "Your Favorite Hawkeye Matches?" thread. He's not trying to have a conversation, he's just trying to be a jerk and disrupt a good thread.

Bwi is soft!! Always has been!! New fans jump right in when winning applies. Them fans weren’t there before Cael got there!! Now winning become normal thousands of fans show up!! Then y’all are here because Iowa is Iowa!! Makes me sick. Again Penn st didn’t even have a rivals page until Cael got there!! New to wrestling!!
Sounds like a silly take that's more opinion than fact.

And then you got a guy like Idahopennstatefan , trolling away in the "Your Favorite Hawkeye Matches?" thread. He's not trying to have a conversation, he's just trying to be a jerk and disrupt a good thread.
His attempts were puny and weak, but I took care of it for you.

this is a perfect example of what it is that I’ve been trying g to convey…..I didn’t find his posts egregious in any way. Were they stupid? Yeah. Were they his attempt at some form of humor that maybe only he understood? Probably. Were they childish? Might fall into that category as well. But it’s kinda like water off a ducks back boys…..I have the ability to ignore that type of stuff………for the most part.

sometimes, you just gotta let it go.

Mike

Reactions: Trapper85
His attempts were puny and weak, but I took care of it for you.

this is a perfect example of what it is that I’ve been trying g to convey…..I didn’t find his posts egregious in any way. Were they stupid? Yeah. Were they his attempt at some form of humor that maybe only he understood? Probably. Were they childish? Might fall into that category as well. But it’s kinda like water off a ducks back boys…..I have the ability to ignore that type of stuff………for the most part.

sometimes, you just gotta let it go.

Mike
I totally understand what you are saying, but these are the things that totally derail a good thread. Normally another troll joins in and adds to the childish attempts to be a punk. Eventually comments will be exchanged and then it's on like donkey kong. It happens all the time. At least this troll got shutdown before another thread went haywire. Appreciate it, but I don't think you should expect us to just sit back and let them ruin every thread on the HR.

I totally understand what you are saying, but these are the things that totally derail a good thread. Normally another troll joins in and adds to the childish attempts to be a punk. Eventually comments will be exchanged and then it's on like donkey kong. It happens all the time. At least this troll got shutdown before another thread went haywire. Appreciate it, but I don't think you should expect us to just sit back and let them ruin every thread on the HR.
It’s a mental game…..if you allow other posters to ruin a thread, time and time again, they will continue to do so when they realize they are getting to you.

I am fine with looking at things that you guys point out to me. But if you don’t point them out to us, i.e….report it, There’s no guarantee that we will see it. Will we always agree that what is being reported is something that needs to be dealt with? Probably not. It’s just a difference in human beings. Some of this back-and-forth is just good natured silliness between fan bases.

I definitely understand the frustration. Part of moderating these boards is getting everyone to understand that they don’t always have to be on edge. It’s not life and death.

Mike

Fantastic Dan Gable interview. Sometimes I forget how smart that man is..

I bet you guys didn't even have a rivals page when Gable got to Iowa City.
Facts are is you are a Penn st fan spending time here. WTH don’t you understand. Y’all won the championship. Why not be on bwi celebrating with all the new fans? Fact is y’all are trolls and like our board better!!! That’s why you are here wasting our time!! Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: T8KUDWN and mcpat
I bet you guys didn't even have a rivals page when Gable got to Iowa City.
Nope, we would all take out ads in the local paper with our takes, then respond to each other in the next days edition. That's how they got the name for 'Hawkeye report' - that was the name of the newspaper column. An elegant message board, from a more civilized age.

ADVERTISEMENT