ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official White Sox 2019 Thread *****

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Because, why not?

This is one terrible pitching staff, at least thus far. Given up over 8 runs several times already.

On the plus side, Moncada looks better this year and Luis Robert is going nuts in the minors.

Wondering if Cease will take a step this year and get to the majors. Rodon baffles me, as does Giolito.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I was slightly optimistic at the beginning of the year, but the pitching has been brutal.

Moncada is off to a nice start, but needs to keep that up.

I’d like to see Cordell get some more at bats.

Yeah, they've been really disappointing so far. I wonder if Coop has finally checked out. The starters look clueless.
And sorry but any lineup featuring Wellington Castillo, Adam Engel, Luery Garcia and Yolmer Sanchez isn't likely to be worth a shit. Still another year or two away. Ugh.

Need the young pitching to catch up to some of the young hitting. Can't wait for Cease and for Kopech to get back healthy.

4th year of the 5 year plan. ...patience Sox fans...I know. .it sucks but the farm is coming

4th year of the 5 year plan. ...patience Sox fans...I know. .it sucks but the farm is coming
For sure. And you know you really don’t plan on being super competitive with guys like Nova and Santana having spots in the rotation.

Never have been too high on Palka, but his start has been disappointing, too.

Eloy Jimenez with his first HR. At Yankee stadium no less. Sox slapping Yankees around. Don't see that much. Rain might end this game now though.

White Sox beat Yankees two out of three games at
Yankee Stadium this weekend. Sox have a lot of
young players with good potential. The Yankees have
5 starting players in their lineup on the Injured List.
SS. Gregorious. C Sanchez, 3B Andujar, CF Hicks,
and LF Stanton.

Reactions: Mattski
Really pleased with Moncada this year so far. Seems to really get it in Year 2.

Another RBI hit tonight vs Royals

The White Sox have the potential to become a good
team in the next few years. Their youngsters need
to get some MLB experience as they mature. They
have a manager who is good with young players.

The White Sox have the potential to become a good
team in the next few years. Their youngsters need
to get some MLB experience as they mature. They
have a manager who is good with young players.

The pitching is fairly bad still. Moncada and Jimenez are two great building blocks though.

The Chicago White Sox are a team still trying to find
their identity and consistency. When you are in a big
rebuilding program it takes time. They are still the
little brother on the South Side of Chicago who must
compete for attention with big brother on the North
Side, the Cubs.

Tim Anderson is the AL Player of the Month, Abreu is on an absolute tear. McCann is a pleasant surprise. Moncada has improved quite a bit from last year.

Exciting times for the Sox, well besides the pitching.

Tim Anderson is the AL Player of the Month, Abreu is on an absolute tear. McCann is a pleasant surprise. Moncada has improved quite a bit from last year.

Moncada was the Red Sox (and MLBs) top prospect three years ago....he has not even come close to projections but he has the ability....perhaps it is just a matter of time....

How about that win last night over the Red Sox?!?!?!

Sox offense is much better this year, but the pitching is pretty suspect still. I see a lot of shootout games coming later in the Summer.

Especially with Rodon now out and potentially needing Tommy John surgery. :(

Cease has been promising in AAA. The Sox really need at least a few of the following to be solid MLB pitchers: Kopech, Cease, Rodon, Giolito and Lopez.

I don't expect them all to work out as long term starters, but 3/5 would be great.

I think Hahn and Company are thinking they will add SP through free agency in time. Lopez has a lot of potential and Kopech will return. Thats a pretty good base potentially with Cease.

Meanwhile, here is a great all time Sox Brawl. I actually watched this when it was original.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Chris Sale does not have the body built for the torque
pressure in his delivery. As a result he has damaged
his left shoulder and arm. His velocity is down and
his skinny body is wearing out. He is toast as an elite
MLB pitcher.

His first 2 yeaRS w/ the WS were horrid disappointments...He was the WS main cog in the trade w/ Boston when sales was traded...,..,Awesome potemtial and a young guy...hopefully a long strong career, but his first 2 in Chicago were not what was hoped for.

No doubt. Worst K rate in baseball last year. He seems to made some adjustments and is crushing the ball this year. He is only 23.

The least surprising news of the season so far is Rodon being hurt. Shame bc he seems like a really good dude and he pitches tough, but when you're throwing sliders at a 40%+ rate, it's just a matter of time. And I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher use less lower body and stand straight up on his delivery than Rodon does. Just has to put so much extra strain and effort into his arm. Shoulder surgery 2 years ago and the prospect of TJ now means you can pretty much close the book on him ever being a difference maker in the league.

The least surprising news of the season so far is Rodon being hurt. Shame bc he seems like a really good dude and he pitches tough, but when you're throwing sliders at a 40%+ rate, it's just a matter of time. And I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher use less lower body and stand straight up on his delivery than Rodon does. Just has to put so much extra strain and effort into his arm. Shoulder surgery 2 years ago and the prospect of TJ now means you can pretty much close the book on him ever being a difference maker in the league.

I think after this he is pretty much out of the plan.

So: Kopech, Cease, Lopez, Giolito and ??? That is where they will need a free agent or 2.

I think after this he is pretty much out of the plan.

So: Kopech, Cease, Lopez, Giolito and ??? That is where they will need a free agent or 2.

i

Hah.. One can dream right?

Sad, but I think you’re correct. My favorite Sox pitcher too. My daughter’s first Sox game was his two-hitter against the AL Champion Indians a couple years back. :(

At least the Sox whipped Bauer's ass last night.

It would really help if Nova could bottle some of that and at least keep them in games and eating innings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT