ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official White Sox 2019 Thread *****

Covey and Banuelos will be lucky to be in the bullpen the next time the Sox finish the season above .500.

Covey and Banuelos will be lucky to be in the bullpen the next time the Sox finish the season above .500.

With 2 decent starters I think they could be now. Hell they are only 3 below ,500 with total garbage starting pitching.

Giolito 7 1/3 3 H 0 ER....Great game. 2 good starts in a row.

Winning 2 in a row at Cleveland no less. Nice. At least the team looks more competitive this year.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Do you guys think Abreu will get dealt before the deadline? He's 32 years old and hitting really well again. There will probably be some clubs willing to pay up.

I concede that it may ultimately be a good idea depending on the prospects but I'd hate to lose Jose as a fan.

Do you guys think Abreu will get dealt before the deadline? He's 32 years old and hitting really well again. There will probably be some clubs willing to pay up.

I concede that it may ultimately be a good idea depending on the prospects but I'd hate to lose Jose as a fan.

I don't think so, but I suppose you never know. Probably depends on if some team will overpay for him. I think he is viewed as someone important for Moncada's development in particular.

I don't think so, but I suppose you never know. Probably depends on if some team will overpay for him. I think he is viewed as someone important for Moncada's development in particular.

No way - should be our DH for the next 4-5 years. He is the only guy remotely resembling a leader on this team. In addition to developing Eloy, Moncada, and Robert.

3rd excellent start in a row for Giolito....1 ER over 7 IP

Sox win 2 of 3 in Toronto, which is rare, and 4-3 on road trip.

Man, if Lopez can get it figured out you have something maybe then with Giolito and then Nova at least not getting shelled.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
3rd excellent start in a row for Giolito....1 ER over 7 IP

Sox win 2 of 3 in Toronto, which is rare, and 4-3 on road trip.

Man, if Lopez can get it figured out you have something maybe then with Giolito and then Nova least at not getting shelled.

Giolito was in a groove. Very enjoyable Sunday afternoon road game.

OK!!! Seeing some positive signs.

Very positive to see wins against Cleveland.

Now we are seeing some progress with Lopez and Giolito and Nova is at least gonna eat some innings. Here come Banuelos and Covey though. Yikes.

Moncada is starting to take off. Did anyone see that 1st HR tonight? A lot of people rapped the Sale trade....lets hold off on that a bit....

OK!!! Seeing some positive signs.

Very positive to see wins against Cleveland.

Now we are seeing some progress with Lopez and Giolito and Nova is at least gonna eat some innings. Here come Banuelos and Covey though. Yikes.

Moncada is starting to take off. Did anyone see that 1st HR tonight? A lot of people rapped the Sale trade....lets hold off on that a bit....

He destroyed that first homer. :eek:

Reactions: Mattski
4 game win streak! Back to 2 games under .500

A win with Banuelos tonight. If they can get one with Covey tomorrow, they may be able to get a little run and get above .500 here. Battling Cleveland for 2nd right now. Much better results.

I haven’t felt this much optimism about the White Sox in a decade.

They are fun to watch again at least. A lot of young hitting talent and some flashes of greatness. Right now we are beating the teams at or below .500 at a pretty good clip. The next step is knocking off some division leaders. The Minnesota series was ugly.

Lots to be excited about but... their schedule has been really soft in May. Seems like we've played the royals and Indians every other series. The twins bitch slapped us and though the split with Houston was encouraging, it's still a split.
Love what were seeing out of moncada and tilson. Tilson can be an every day guy he can stay healthy.
Don't stop now boys!

Lots to be excited about but... their schedule has been really soft in May. Seems like we've played the royals and Indians every other series. The twins bitch slapped us and though the split with Houston was encouraging, it's still a split.
Love what were seeing out of moncada and tilson. Tilson can be an every day guy he can stay healthy.
Don't stop now boys!

A split with Houston, with as hot as they were when the Sox ran into them, was absolutely a positive.

Crazy that there are 7 teams (including the ChiSox) all within 2 games of each other for the 2 wild card spots.

Wild Card standings: http://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/sort/winpercent/dir/desc/group/league/view/wild-card

I don't see the Sox making it this year. They are a little short on pitching and a little short on offense. Hahn isn't going to trade this year to make a wildcard. Its possible some guys come up and provide some impact like Bummer. They have a lefty SP who is doing fairly well in AAA, so they could upgrade the Banuelos slot

I don't necessarily like hearing they are going to trade their closer. I guess it depends on what Hahn gets back.

You cant be a playoff team with Banuelos and Covey as 2 of your starters and Nova as your 3rd starter. Your 2nd starter, Lopez, looks all world or gets battered around.

Need Kopech and Rodon back and Cease to come forward.
True. I've about given up on Rodon ever being what they were hoping for when they drafted him. Tons of injuries. If they can have a solid first 3 of Giolito, Cease and Kopech I will be happy with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT