ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL White Sox 2021 Thread****

Hawked

HR Heisman
Oct 1, 2001
Didn't see one started so here it is.

Being reported that the Sox are going to sign the number 1 foreign player this year. 23 year old, 5 tool outfielder Yoelqui Cespedes. Brother of Yoenis. Could be the long term right fielder beside Robert [aka the future of baseball] and Eloy Jimenez. That outfield could be scary good. Looking forward to 2021.

White Sox get the top free agent closer in Liam Hendricks. 3 year deal.

Beat me to it. 3 year deal with club option for the 4th. Don't know much about him since I rarely watch the A's but dude seems legit. Sox are gonna be a force!

I guess it has been 88 yrs since a Sox has matched Mercedes 5 hits in a MLB debut. Cool.
Crazy game last nite.
Lineup looks punch and Judy without eloy and defense has sucked so far but still could be a fun year.

Mercedes back at it tonite with a homer. and two singles to start the nite....thats 8 for 8 for his MLB career so far.

The defense has been bad for Sox. Clean it up boys. Let's get Sunday Night Baseball.

Yermin Mercedes!!! This guy wasn't even going to make the roster but started his mlb career 8 for 8. He's hitting about .600 and just hit an absolute bomb in his first home at bat. Wow!

• Love
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
About damn time this offense wakes up. 6 in the first against one of the better righties in the league.

Another injury to a young stud White Sox player. Fricking christ the league is getting lucky. No Eloy. Now no Robert. Crap!

This is turning into an unmitigated disaster. I feel bad for the White Sox with all of these injuries but hiring La Russa was an earned mistake. I've read a few rumors that tensions are increasing in the club house with his game day decisions and then there is this. The thing is, outside of Riensdorf, I'm not sure there was one person that thought this was a good move.

Today's shitshow of a game was bad. The 10th inning was absolutely awfully managed.

This is turning into an unmitigated disaster. I feel bad for the White Sox with all of these injuries but hiring La Russa was an earned mistake. I've read a few rumors that tensions are increasing in the club house with his game day decisions and then there is this. The thing is, outside of Riensdorf, I'm not sure there was one person that thought this was a good move.

Today's shitshow of a game was bad. The 10th inning was absolutely awfully managed.

He wasn’t my first choice (Hinch? Gardenhire?) but I wasn’t a La Russa hater just because of his age. He’s also made some good moves too this year to win games. This though...just unacceptable.

This was yet another embarrassing mistake by LaRussa.
It was a puzzling hire by an aging owner.
Sox are clearly snakebit.
Their starting pitching is best in MLB but sadly the bullpen and offense could sink them....as well as their manager.

Best starting pitching in baseball. Best record in the American League. Best run differential in baseball.

Despite the Robert and Eloy hiccups, things are looking good on the South Side.

Reactions: beerlessheaven
LaRussa should never have accepted the job as manager
of the White Sox. His glory days are behind him. Some guys
never know when it is time to retire and stay retired.

Best starting pitching in baseball. Best record in the American League. Best run differential in baseball.

Despite the Robert and Eloy hiccups, things are looking good on the South Side.

Yep! I don't think the team is anywhere close to playing at their potential either. The entire starting outfield is out (I believe Eaton is a great backup but Engel is the starting right fielder), they aren't hitting many homeruns but are at the top of runs scored anyways, Abreu and Grandal have yet to hit their stride at the plate, and the bullpen has given up a couple games (some of that is on the manager). The starting pitching has over performed but Giolito has under performed a bit. Kopech is an absolute monster in the pen. Mercedes is a great story on perseverance. Decent chance both Eloy and Robert are back before the playoffs. Things look good on the South Side for years to come.

Reactions: GES4
Winning cures ALL and the Sox are winning. As Benetti said "doing a little spring cleaning". Sweep!

Best record in baseball
Best run differential in baseball
The Moncada-Abreu switcharoo, the introduction of Lamb today (despite some dropped catches at first), the use of Mercedes in the 9th. Maybe he’s still got something as a manager.

Reactions: Hawked
I love that the Sox have not lived up to my expectations, have serious injuries, and STILL have the best record in baseball right now. The season is over alright...

... for the rest of the American League

Reactions: GES4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT