ADVERTISEMENT

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Great goalkeeping duel. Croatia was better the first 90. Denmark was better in OT. Thomas Delaney of Denmark is the son of an American father.

Rooting for Brazil would be easy if Neymar wasn’t such a lady boy about everything.

giphy.gif

Craziest 2nd half of a WC match in the tourney’s history.. that was just unbelievable

I saw the first header by Belgium at my desk and figured I better go watch it on Tv somewhere. Found a conference room and when I turned it on they just headed #2! The final goal was a thing of beauty as well! Watch a match!

I admit it, I am not a full time soccer watcher, so I need an explanation on all the junk grabbing. France just scored on a penalty kick and for about the fourth time this WC the player that scores runs to the corner and grabs his junk with one hand while raising his other hand.
Doesn't FIFA have a rule against grabbing your junk in celebration?

I admit it, I am not a full time soccer watcher, so I need an explanation on all the junk grabbing. France just scored on a penalty kick and for about the fourth time this WC the player that scores runs to the corner and grabs his junk with one hand while raising his other hand.
Doesn't FIFA have a rule against grabbing your junk in celebration?

I think it's a dance from Fortnite

I've become a Belgium fan. Great game. I think Neymar's theatrics in the MX game cost them here. Referee's weren't having it this game.

Belgium is so fun to watch. Lukaku Is tough. Hazard weaves his way through traffic and De Bruyne is brilliant with the ball. Really hope they win it since my German squad laid a turd. Courtois had some beautiful saves today as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Who you guys got tomorrow?
England vs Sweden
Croatia vs Russia

I want England and Croatia to advance. Becoming a fan of Luka Modric every match.

Who you guys got tomorrow?
England vs Sweden
Croatia vs Russia

I want England and Croatia to advance. Becoming a fan of Luka Modric every match.

I'm hoping for the same too. I kind of have a soft spot for Rakitic since he visited des Moines last summer

I've only seen maybe 30 minutes of France actually playing. From what I've seen in the box scores, Griezman has been a stud. But I've seen Belgium 3 times and they look solid. I'm pulling for them now.

Just remember.

The US tied with France before the world Cup.

So if France wins the WC...then that means they have to share it with us.

The US has a history of playing the eventual winners tough. Tied France this year, tied Italy in 2006, lost 1-0 to Brazil in '94 (outplayed them), Germany in 2014s Group of Death, and of course (famously) beat Spain in 2009 Confederations Cup Semifinals.

I hate it when these British announcers are forced to try to be impartial when England is playing. I wanna hear this dude go bananas if England scores again. He's obviously not from Scotland or Wales.

Yesterday was the first I've watched of the World Cup (the last 15 minutes of Belgium over Brazil).

I'd like to see Belgium win it all. I assume they weren't in the discussion of most plausible teams to win before the cup started? Go Waffles.

I hate it when these British announcers are forced to try to be impartial when England is playing. I wanna hear this dude go bananas if England scores again. He's obviously not from Scotland or Wales.
Then you must have been pleased to see the hot blonde studio host Kelly Smith mount Ian Wright after England scored.

Probably a decent shot a fella could get laid in England after this match at the present rate.

No doubt. However, by all of the crowd shots they have shown of these Swedish hotties, I am sure most would have hoped that they would be the ones spread eagle.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT