ADVERTISEMENT

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

So I have a question. In 2026 they are expanding to 48 teams. Wikipedia says in 2026 6 teams from CONCACAF will qualify including the hosts. But there are 3 hosts.

So how many teams from CONCACAF qualify during a cup after 2026 when they are not the hosts?

So I have a question. In 2026 they are expanding to 48 teams. Wikipedia says in 2026 6 teams from CONCACAF will qualify including the hosts. But there are 3 hosts.

So how many teams from CONCACAF qualify during a cup after 2026 when they are not the hosts?

Each federation's allotment of finals slots will be determined after the next host is determined.

That game delivered. A lot better than Iran/Morocco.

Makes me really really miss playing. Menace, you ever play in the old man's league at Tuma? Ole Henk Rook was telling me about it.

I actually played in the elite league still last year. I hated it this past year. Lots of 20-something jagoffs with more testosterone than brains. Seriously there were cards and melees every game. It also hurt that we sucked (1-6-1) because our 20-somethings couldn't string more than 3 passes together for the life of them (we had just the youngest and oldest players for indoor and managed to finish 3rd then 1st though). I would prefer the old man league now.

PS-Henk is a great guy. He's from the same city in the Netherlands my great grandparents were from. /CSB

Each federation's allotment of finals slots will be determined after the next host is determined.

I actually played in the elite league still last year. I hated it this past year. Lots of 20-something jagoffs with more testosterone than brains. Seriously there were cards and melees every game. It also hurt that we sucked (1-6-1) because our 20-somethings couldn't string more than 3 passes together for the life of them (we had just the youngest and oldest players for indoor and managed to finish 3rd then 1st though). I would prefer the old man league now.

PS-Henk is a great guy. He's from the same city in the Netherlands my great grandparents were from. /CSB

Wow...nice work. I am 51, so there is no way I am playing against 20 somethings again. Last time I did I got a screamer in the face that has given me off on floaters in my right eye since. I will gladly play with some over 50's like me though.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
That match had everything! Never a big Ronaldo fan but respect his game and that was a truly great performance by CR.

Reactions: dgordo

How do I get on one of those teams?! Haven’t played since the inaugural now disbanded CRASL league 2 years ago. We won!

Does Iceland have a chance vs France tomorrow? I have a feeling Iceland will sit back to pick up a point like they did in the Euros.

Wow...nice work. I am 51, so there is no way I am playing against 20 somethings again. Last time I did I got a screamer in the face that has given me off on floaters in my right eye since. I will gladly play with some over 50's like me though.

I'm 37. It was the first year I felt a step slower. Lots of respect for the guys in their 50s playing.

IC does an adult Sunday league also at the soccer park, but only 7 on 7 (smaller fields) so you wont have to run miles. Been doing that for years but you will be up against a lot more college juniors/seniors and 20-somethings than you'd probably find at Tuma.

Presumably they'll just take the 3 hosts from the allocation of the 6. But in all honesty I don't think they've worked that out yet. I don't personally feel all 3 hosts getting an auto-bid is really that big of a deal since the same ratio applied when there were 2 hosts.

But if you're going to have 6 teams in there on top of those 3, then we'll probably get stuck with a lot of really really crappy groups. A lot of them will look something like this: Argentina, Slovenia, Jamaica. Gag.

Messi may not be able to go back to Argentina after missing a PK.

That's his second major poor PK in the last three years. His miss in the 2016 Copa America Centennario Final allowed Chile to win that. this match still has a late Messi winner written all over it though.

Argentina is in serious threat of not getting out of the group. Coatia is a really good squad and if they don't get a result against Nigeria, it could be an early exit.

Iceland is ranked around 20 in the FIFA rankings. This ain’t that big.

So, Iceland...that's sorta like Drake going to OT with an NBA team, ain't it?

Depends on the context you're looking at. From the standpoint of population (talent pool), history and overall prestige then yes, of course it's pretty huge. But Iceland has 4 BPL players and has the rest of the squad largely rounded out by guys playing in some other decent leagues like in Sweden, Russia and 2nd division in Germany and Italy. So it's not exactly a rag-tag bunch of amateurs punching it out with global superstars either. Argentina were not good in qualifying as they only clinched their spot on the final day on the road. More like the Browns taking the Patriots to OT.

So, Iceland...that's sorta like Drake going to OT with an NBA team, ain't it?

Depends on the context you're looking at. From the standpoint of population (talent pool), history and overall prestige then yes, of course it's pretty huge. But Iceland has 4 BPL players and has the rest of the squad largely rounded out by guys playing in some other decent leagues like in Sweden, Russia and 2nd division in Germany and Italy. So it's not exactly a rag-tag bunch of amateurs punching it out with global superstars either. Argentina were not good in qualifying as they only clinched their spot on the final day on the road. More like the Browns taking the Patriots to OT.

Though Sirius XM FC cited a statistic (Roger Bennett I think found it) that 72% of the squad was born in the same Reykjavik hospital.

Next up: Denmark vs Peru. Peru has Yotun from Orlando City and Polo from Portland Timbers. Haven't been in since 1982. Pulling for my Danes though.

Argentina is in serious threat of not getting out of the group. Coatia is a really good squad and if they don't get a result against Nigeria, it could be an early exit.

I think Argentina still gets out of the group by beating Nigeria and drawing against Croatia. I can’t imagine them not getting out of the group.

This telecast of Peru v Denmark is hard to listen to... I had to check to be sure I hadn’t pressed the SAP audio.

Reactions: srams21
Entertaining first half. Watching this makes me pissed about the United States not qualifying.

This telecast of Peru v Denmark is hard to listen to... I had to check to be sure I hadn’t pressed the SAP audio.
Horrible announcing. I don’t mind the Spanish twang. Just the way he emphasizes ever 3 words. There was a shot just now 30 ft over the goal and he lost his mind thinking it was close.

Horrible announcing. I don’t mind the Spanish twang. Just the way he emphasizes ever 3 words. There was a shot just now 30 ft over the goal and he lost his mind thinking it was close.

I was just thinking the same thing as he was yelling “here is a huge opportunity for Peru.” They were at midfield with a crap load of Denmark players back to defend.

Reactions: Raglefant
ADVERTISEMENT