ADVERTISEMENT

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Messi is a whiny little bitch, huh. I think being annoyed that your teammates aren't also the best player in the world is a bit silly.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Messi is a whiny little bitch, huh. I think being annoyed that your teammates aren't also the best player in the world is a bit silly.
He is actually surrounded by some amazing talent, and his supporting cast vastly under performs.The only one carrying his weight is Aguero. Yea, Messi missed the PK but Di Maria is trash, Otamendi is trash, Biglia, Meza is also trash. Argentina has no mid field, and no back line. Icardi is Messi's problem but it's not why they are underperforming. It's because the midfield and back line are trash.

He is actually surrounded by some amazing talent, and his supporting cast vastly under performs.The only one carrying his weight is Aguero. Yea, Messi missed the PK but Di Maria is trash, Otamendi is trash, Biglia, Meza is also trash. Argentina has no mid field, and no back line. Icardi is Messi's problem but it's not why they are underperforming. It's because the midfield and back line are trash.
When Messi took a break from Argentina at the beginning of the last qualifying cycle they managed one win in their first 7 games. Argentina doesn't even make it to Russia without him.

Last edited:
When Messi took a break from Argentina at the beginning of the last qualifying cycle they managed one when in their first 7 games. Argentina doesn't even make it to Russia without him.
Not disputing that fact, I'm saying his supporting cast is letting him down. Other than Aguero, who has stepped up?

Not disputing that fact, I'm saying his supporting cast is letting him down. Other than Aguero, who has stepped up?
Agreed. They are really flawed at the back. The thing about it is that I don't think they played that poorly yesterday. Iceland is a pain in the ass to break down. They are very defensive and they have a unique way of pressuring the ball. They usually send two guys to press but they don't try and win the ball. Just cut down angles. I thought Argentina looked better in their draw than France did in their win.

You guys are probably right, but his body language is garbage and only hurts the team. I found it painful to watch and I'm glad he missed the pk.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
You guys are probably right, but his body language is garbage and only hurts the team. I found it painful to watch and I'm glad he missed the pk.

Well I agree with you being glad he missed the PK I wish the media would talk more about the Iceland keeper making a great save in a high pressure situation. It isn’t like Messi sent it sailing over the bar.

Well I agree with you being glad he missed the PK I wish the media would talk more about the Iceland keeper making a great save in a high pressure situation. It isn’t like Messi sent it sailing over the bar.
Messi's immediate reaction wasn't good but thought he had some good movement and play the rest of the game. The kick was arguably in the worst possible location. There's an argument that you are better banging it up the middle as most of the time the keeper will move. Chest high to the side of the keeper is going to be saved if he guesses correctly. Or to be fair reads the kick correctly which I think the Iceland keeper does deserve credit for.

Iceland pretty much had three guys around him the entire game. The coach did nothing to free him up and neither did his team.

Ronaldo had his coach design a plan to make him the most effective. Messi was expected to be the plan

giphy.gif

Reactions: lucas80
The Germans will win this game. Mexico has played well but Germany is in control

I had the exact opposite thought. Mexico has been the better team on both sides of the ball.

Carlos Vela was man of the match. I was surprised they took him off.

Awesome!!!! I have Mexico and Croatia in my pool, so im off to a good start!! Great match!

Germany is getting outplayed so far.

What a game this has been. I think I'll have a marg to honor our southern friends.

Heading to the pub again? Got ourselves a couple more good ones today.

Awesome!!!! I have Mexico and Croatia in my pool, so im off to a good start!! Great match!

Juan Carlos Osorio, Mexico's manager, is an alum of Clarke University in Dubuque, Iowa and has talked about how much he enjoyed his time there. Yes, you read that right. Drink to Iowa, boys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT