ADVERTISEMENT

***Official World Cup 2018 Thread***

Wow....I think the best player in the world argument is pretty much over for now.

The Argentina team may as well not go home.

Think Messi will quit the squad again?

Does it matter? He wont be back in 2022 most likely.

I do think people overlook Croatia. There is some talent on that team that plays on some of Europe's best clubs.

Last edited:
Does it matter? He wont be back in 2022 most likely.

I do think people overlook Croatia. There is some talent on that team that plays on some of Europe's best clubs.

He turns 31 on Monday. Only the USMNT employs 35 year old forwards. Argentina will have better options. Even winning Copa America would do very little, and the fact that it's Brazil makes that a more daunting task than usual. So yes, next week very well could be his final game.

Just watched the Argentina beat down. I was hoping Croatia would win. In that 2nd half they completely dominated. I wanted Messi to be great and go out with a bang, but he just doesn’t have it anymore and he has no help. Going in Croatia was my #2 team and they look very good right now.

Could we see a 3 way tie at 4 points in Group D after the final game?

Iceland may play a pseudo B Croatia squad and Argentina will be hungry against Nigeria. I really wanted to pull for the Iceland story but they looked bad today. Nigeria from this point on, want to send Argentina home.

Good. The announcer that sounds constipated is calling the Mex match. I was afraid he’d call Germany’s.
Go Korea!

Mexico's best player plays in MLS. Carlos Vela of Los Angeles FC has carved up both Germany and South Korea. Mexico came out with a post-Germany hangover, but Vela deserved that goal.

Reactions: torbee
Sweden has Germany on the ropes! Should have had a PK earlier, but they settle for a sublime chip. 1-0. The champs are out if they can't score in the next 55 minutes plus...

Reactions: lucas80
Well that was quick and takes a lot of pressure off. Germany looks like they're gonna try to score about 5 goals in the half.

Speaking of history, anyone see that Walter Bahr, the last American alive from the 1950 World Cup team that beat favorites England, died the day of the England game? Philadelphia Union will be wearing armbands in his memory for their native son tonight.

I'll have to rewatch later, but I thought that was a really dumb/greedy attempt by Reus on that ball from Muller.

Seems like Germany's going to need Mexico to beat Sweden and all Mexico will need to do is draw to win the group. That's of course assuming Germany will beat South Korea. Knock on wood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT