ADVERTISEMENT

Officiating

RVHAWKXX

Scout Team
Sep 2, 2021
I’m gonna piss everyone off and I really don’t care. I’m an official myself at the high school level. Next season I’m done. Do some of you even have a clue that philosophy trumps the ridiculous rule book? I thought this crew did a good job. Did I think they messed up a few? Yeah. Who wouldn’t? Basketball is difficult to officiate. I officiate football and baseball. Much easier. I just want to call all of you experts out and evaluate you doing a 3rd grade game. Until you can man up and do that…. Shut the F up about officiating.

I’m gonna piss everyone off and I really don’t care. I’m an official myself at the high school level. Next season I’m done. Do some of you even have a clue that philosophy trumps the ridiculous rule book? I thought this crew did a good job. Did I think they messed up a few? Yeah. Who wouldn’t? Basketball is difficult to officiate. I officiate football and baseball. Much easier. I just want to call all of you experts out and evaluate you doing a 3rd grade game. Until you can man up and do that…. Shut the F up about officiating.

seems like you don't have a thick enough skin to referee. Good call to quit.

Do yourself a favor and quit now.

Stay off FB and the boards. I didn't think the ref's were as terrible as the message board/fb group. Thought they were fine and we didn't play well. We've had a history with little Larry and thankfully he didn't cost us. And THANK GOD we didn't have Courtney Green! We don't win with CG officiating today.

I’ve been a high school coach for 21 years and reffed youth leagues of all ages for over 10. Some comments about officiating here are not necessarily knowledgeable but, honestly, some of the Big Ten’s men’s officials are really bad and the women’s are worse. There are a few good ones but the bad ones are really bad. Some really seem to have agendas, either against a certain team or a look at me attitude. Neither is good for the game of basketball.

Go fvck yourself, Larry.

You should quit if you don’t call the game by the rules.

I’ve been a high school coach for 21 years and reffed youth leagues of all ages for over 10. Some comments about officiating here are not necessarily knowledgeable but, honestly, some of the Big Ten’s men’s officials are really bad and the women’s are worse. There are a few good ones but the bad ones are really bad. Some really seem to have agendas, either against a certain team or a look at me attitude. Neither is good for the game of basketball.

I think Fran came in and wanted to change the culture of Iowa Bball and the fact we aren't going to get pushed around and let the Michigan States just push us around. BTT of us playing Michigan St about 10 years ago still is a travesty.

The B1G has enough money they need to have full time refs. It would make a huge difference and I think the fans would back off a touch. There is a reason these big name refs we all know. There are sooo many that we don't know their name and that is a good thing. They are good refs. Don't make it about themselves.

I'm surprised I'm posting this but Bo Boroski seems to have pocketed his grudge against Fran.

Says the little man that won’t step on the court! Pussy!
LmGN6xXE-huT8bJXybvU9dhzfHfVk2c1NXnRAY9S-YpjksFM2WZy6RYFiZS1t7oj06b0xQLXsFfWmghjTepqgdleRjYiPrFzLkyXXaNlKM42TBCpo0cNtN86p43qauxtVrxy_v9vsYXZIZBAcW4g7BwIxEkm9zIIHmKPaZ9vpoMwY0Xw-rwf-IM5Zbb96UZsCghLbB6IpISA5kK7SBZwYNNG7oDhKJ6suw-fxHlBZXczo-bZQFR-FlxUEicB3oHo2l4LlHWv4_yanq0zNDtxHgRxmu1pivi7AKduc8VF8CHFcn1VqbYCfnZkSqpXCrn-Nn6h24JzncylgI3Lq5haP-Heyp5pwxDz0U4DUvwK9X__Q-m46WPCZ_WjOTRgrFD6YEbqPmyWxmQvWfz2A0k9MJ5VaDfN3_IiMn4vVDeVf5MRV_3bK3YcbGmnyyKh6I4bu7ZTZAxJmamVw65Qp6pe9jICrVWzifr5grUVCXq4lm2cIemQxsnbPDT0bGvbLrSHkCSrHEjP3bLwTRvQ9kgRlflezSnRJu8L59gq4gHQoB87aeFtYHmoiaCwL54ex3mBWzbyW826oJNUXRE33GGAoW2TLnCTbk-eJJHJd3g3FA_NNHgUx4mMAIvab9m-NFHT5Ohh52WnHRczztD-SYpRDlNl22Xka-6S58wtg7mmqO9GkvD_ar2asstV5bhQ7nRWhIrRHMkpriAmJe7FdpAbPww=w540-h304-no

They are independent contractors just like me. No explicit contract with a conference. I didn’t start this to open up hatred. Basketball is very difficult to officiate and there is more philosophy than rules that each crew decide upon. It happens at the HS level. I know. Ultimately the players will decide the game and that is how you want to manage the game. In my opinion they managed the game well! My opinion

So what’s your philosophy in reffing? And why are there rule
Stop insulting everyone and acting like a pompous ass and you might get some respect. As it is, you are acting very hateful.
I read it every night and you insult me. The effort and integrity it takes. It’s hard to do! How would you like it if I called you a worthless piece of shit over and over? Could you handle it? Don’t even tell me to get thicker skin if you’ve never stepped on the court!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I read it every night and you insult me. The effort and integrity it takes. It’s hard to do! How would you like it if I called you a worthless piece of shit over and over? Could you handle it? Don’t even tell me to get thicker skin if you’ve never stepped on the court!
LOL. I have never met or insulted you unless your name is little Larry Scrotum. If it's you, you are in worse shape than I am. If you're nor little Larry Scrotum, then you're mentally ill. Either way good bye.

Reactions: F5n5
So what’s your philosophy in reffing? And why are there rules?
I call it tight right away so it sends a message to the players but not all officials do that. Some want flow and to let several things go. Like I said it’s philosophy more than rules. People ask me about my strike zone. I don’t have it varies on every hitter.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
You mention integrity. Insulting people and calling someone a “retard” isn’t something that comes out of the mouth of a man with integrity.

LOL. I have never met or insulted you unless your name is little Larry Scrotum. If it's you, you are in worse shape than I am. If you're nor little Larry Scrotum, then you're mentally ill. Either way good bye.
LOL you are a complete moron! Bye to you tool bag! Funny how you make fun of my shape. That’s funny dorrito boy!

You mention integrity. Insulting people and calling someone a “retard” isn’t something that comes out of the mouth of a man with integrity.
But you can do it and that’s okay? I’m not a frequent poster but I do read posts and you are no saint

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT