ADVERTISEMENT

Offshoot of the Liberty / City High football game. Liberty people trash talking on City High

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I don't social media much, but apparently some of the Liberty people, kids mostly, are referring to City High as Poverty High? That doesn't seem to make much sense, each school is a mix of Iowa wealthy, middle class, and kids from the lower end of the spectrum. As far as I know only West is stuck with the Hillsbillies, however.
Is this put down a real thing Iowa City peeps?

I don't social media much, but apparently some of the Liberty people, kids mostly, are referring to City High as Poverty High? That doesn't seem to make much sense, each school is a mix of Iowa wealthy, middle class, and kids from the lower end of the spectrum. As far as I know only West is stuck with the Hillsbillies, however.
Hmmm.. Possibly referring to the age of the school and their old torn up grass football field?
Liberty kids got all new shit right?

Is your put down of ICW a real thing?

City sucks and you know it dude. We kick your ass in the number of national merit finalists every year. Read into that what you want.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
City high is definitely going the wrong way. No one argues that. However, I don't think anyone expected them to be so bad. Small in the lines and athletes were pretty undersized as well.

A lot of people refer to a lot of things in a lot of ways. Why amplify stupidity?

Reactions: rchawk
Not sure but pretty sad what has happened to ich.
Probably the most impressive trophy case in the state with a history of academic achievement.
Now in a downward spiral with little hope of reversal.

Is your put down of ICW a real thing?
I had relations in Hills. One of my best friends grew up in Hills and went to West. He probably rubbed shoulders with the elites like @GOHOX69 given their ages.
I just find it odd that the Liberty kids would be putting this out knowing the boundaries of the schools.

I had relations in Hills. One of my best friends grew up in Hills and went to West. He probably rubbed shoulders with the elites like @GOHOX69 given their ages.
I just find it odd that the Liberty kids would be putting this out knowing the boundaries of the schools.
Elite or not, your constant put downs of West are weird. Demographics in Iowa City and Coralville have changed. When I went to West, no offense, we generally had much wealthier kids and hillbillies as you like to call rural people. I had friends in both categories. We even assisted City High in debate and moot court because we had more established programs and coaches. And besides tennis, swimming and coaching, we got our ass kicked by city in football and basketball. Hell, we didn't even have a football field and played our games at Bates, which was bizarre. I could care less about the icsd schools these days but generally speaking West was better at academics and sucked at sports.

I went to a fun party in Hills on a farm once. Everyone did LSD and listened to a mediocre jam band.

I'm progressive and love to help the less fortunate. Who doesn't? We're all humans and I believe in equity. I've seen people who are filthy rich and those who eat garbage to survive. Life is short and temporary and it is our duty to help each other. Even city high people j/k.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT