ADVERTISEMENT

Ogundele Ceiling?

Kingsbury96

Team MVP
Jan 23, 2021
I'm really excited for what this kid could bring to the program. He reminds me a bit of is Derrick Nix at Michigan State. Nix came in at 340 lbs and trimmed down to a good playing weight of 270. They list Ogundele at 285 lbs and I'm not sure if we've heard what the staff thinks his ideal playing weight is. I'm guessing they would like him in the 270 range. If he loses 15 pounds coming into next year and continues to work hard I think he could be a guy who gets 15-20 minutes a game. He appears to have the foot work and athleticism to play in the Big 10. He looks like he has the strength and athleticism to play great defense. This year he appeared to lack basic spacing fundamentals and his defensive foot work was bad. When you're guarding a post player and the ball goes from wing to the corner you should step left, right ,left without ever compromising ball, you, man. What Ogundele did was junior highish footwork. Everything he lacks mentally is very teachable. His physicall problems are just weight and stamina, which are much more easily fixed than lets say explosion, quickness, and speed. I really hope we get 4 more years to watch him develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News