ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, it’s a Civil War alright.....

Impossible. All GOPers are identical.

It's always been a marriage of elites, wannabe elites, and very un-elites. People who have different grievances with the government but agree that government is blame for about anything and if you can plausibly track any govt blame, best to focus on eliminating government's role instead of fixing it or dealing with it

I'm not sure which side wins out? Trump's republican support is bleeding, but he still has 80%. The establishment Rs want him gone. But the Trumpers have no fear of leaving the party. I don't know what will bring the party back together? Maybe a new boogeyman.

Reactions: Torg
That isn't going to work for them. I've seen numerous posts from MAGAts saying "Mitch doesn't think we'll leave the GOP, he's wrong blah blah blah..."

Reactions: torbee
IF the Senate impeaches Trump and then passes a
resolution that he cannot run for President again,
then Trump will not be a 3rd Party candidate in
2024. The humiliation of impeachment by both
Houses of Congress will bring to an end the saga
of Donald Trump.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
For the life of me, I don’t understand why Trump would want to stay in politics after the image beating he and his family have take over the past year and the accelerating pace of the beatings this past month.

IF the Senate impeaches Trump and then passes a
resolution that he cannot run for President again,
then Trump will not be a 3rd Party candidate in
2024. The humiliation of impeachment by both
Houses of Congress will bring to an end the saga
of Donald Trump.
It won't. Rand Paul is already saying that a third of the party will leave if Trump is convicted. Now I have no idea if it's less than that or more. But I am sure that he is correct that many will abandon the Rs.

Trump is how they identify themselves. More than identifying as husbands or wives, parents, children, bothers or sisters. They identify as Trumpers first. That won't disappear immediately.

For the life of me, I don’t understand why Trump would want to stay in politics after the image beating he and his family have take over the past year and the accelerating pace of the beatings this past month.
But then Bank, I cannot understand for the life of me, how anyone can want DJTrump to represent them in anything. Screw him, screw his family....he has spent his adult life disserving anyone but himself. He has done nothing for anyone but himself. I do believe he is a criminal, too.

Republicans will always fall in line though. They also hate dems much more than each other, so I’m not really sure this will lead to much. I’m hoping they will keep fighting amongst each other.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Maybe a new boogeyman.

Can you believe we are eroding our American way of life by putting in ramps and elevators and making sure doorways are wide enough for these handicapped people? You know how much money it costs to bend over backwards to accomodate those people? Its unamerican and they need to pick themseves up by the bootstraps.

It wasn’t like their image was particularly great heading in to this thing.

He was considered to be a narcissistic intellectual lightweight conman grifter coming in to this thing and has added “worst president” to the description.

It's always been a marriage of elites, wannabe elites, and very un-elites. People who have different grievances with the government but agree that government is blame for about anything and if you can plausibly track any govt blame, best to focus on eliminating government's role instead of fixing it or dealing with it
You really said it all!

• Haha
Reactions: billanole

I boldly (facetiously) predict he’ll be around but he IS going to fade out sooner than you think.
Unless Dems keep him in the spotlight. Then it’s on them. Let him fade away. Seeking revenge/punishment makes him able to come across as a victim. Pelosi and Schumer are not popular and will look like the bad guys many believe they are.

I boldly (facetiously) predict he’ll be around but he IS going to fade out sooner than you think.
Unless Dems keep him in the spotlight. Then it’s on them. Let him fade away. Seeking revenge/punishment makes him able to come across as a victim. Pelosi and Schumer are not popular and will look like the bad guys many believe they are.
Let him fade away just like the repub establishment let one Hillary Rodham Clinton fade away?

She has faded away, but please note she cannot stop talking and thus keeping herself in the public arena. And that's her choice.

Mike Pompeo literally announced a potential release about Clinton’s emails in late October 2020 in an effort to affect the election.

Reactions: BelemNole
The Republican party has different voices among them.

1. The extreme right wing is the voice of loyalty to Trump
2. The fiscal conservative wants smaller government & less debt
3. The moderate wants common sense approach to govt
which thinks outside the box and gets things done.
4. The majority are basically the GOP regulars who support
their candidates because it is their family tradition.

She has faded away, but please note she cannot stop talking and thus keeping herself in the public arena. And that's her choice.
The GOP won't let Hillary fade away. Kavanaugh blamed her during his rape hearing. Trump has evoked her name many times. As preposterous as it sounds, some Pubber Reps brought her up in their floor speeches during the second impeachment.

Money. He is going to get destroyed if he can’t steal his followers money. Just like all the money he stole during the last 7 weeks claiming election fraud.

Reactions: JJ13579
I'm not sure which side wins out? Trump's republican support is bleeding, but he still has 80%. The establishment Rs want him gone. But the Trumpers have no fear of leaving the party. I don't know what will bring the party back together? Maybe a new boogeyman.
If biden doesn't seek second term and Mayor Pete or a black/latin person wins nomination I bet that would bring them back together. Hate and fear are their magic elixirs

Reactions: FSUTribe76
If biden doesn't seek second term and Mayor Pete or a black/latin person wins nomination I bet that would bring them back together. Hate and fear are their magic elixirs
Well if you don’t have policy success you can always fall back to your tried and true racist tropes. BAU.

I think the split in the GOP is bigger than most realize. Today I was driving through the countryside and saw a massive trump pence sign on someone's shed. The difference in this one is that it had a fresh coat of black paint over pence's name.

I think pence is fairly well liked among establishment GOP and conservatives in general. Not the hard core trumpers though, they're a different breed.

They'll all have enough to be upset about in the next couple of years though that they'll come together I imagine.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
There seems to be some Trump revenge in the air.

His daughter Ivanka running against Senator Marco Rubio
The search for a Trump loyalist to run against Liz Cheney
The search for a Trump loyalist to run against John Thune

Donald Trump wants to punish those who abandoned
him after his loss to Joe Biden. This revenge will fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: h-hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT