ADVERTISEMENT

Oh Look, a dead Proud Boy

Nope

Your website on "masks" showed NO increase vs placebo/unvaccinated.
I know you're a college edumacated guy/gal (sorry don't want to assume your gender) but the only way you will experience any side effects of the experiment is to let them jab it into your arm. Unless of course we're dealing with a leaky experiment. Are we dealing with a leaky experiment?

but the only way you will experience any side effects of the experiment is to let them jab it into your arm.

Nope

Placebo effects exist. That is WHY whenever they are testing any drug, they have an untreated placebo group to establish that baseline. It is standard in running these kinds of tests. In fact, if you look at vaccine studies, there was a group that did NOT get any vaccine, they got a saline injection, so that they could identify false placebo-triggered complaints.

Not possible, those "pure bloods" are going to take over the world after gates explodes us all with his covid chip!

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Look it up

3x to 6x lower depending on your age group.
I already knew the answer, I wondered if you’d admit it.
You can get up to 58%…for a month, before it weakens further.
I guess our definitions of effective are quite different.

“Booster effectiveness peaked at approximately 4 weeks and waned afterward. For all participants 12 years of age or older, vaccine effectiveness against severe infection resulting in hospitalization over days 15 to 99 after receipt of one monovalent booster dose was 25.2% (95% confidence interval [CI], –0.2 to 44.2), and the corresponding vaccine effectiveness for one bivalent booster dose was 58.7% (95% CI, 43.7 to 69.8);”

the corresponding vaccine effectiveness for one bivalent booster dose was 58.7% (95% CI, 43.7 to 69.8);”

Sometimes, you have to rely on more than just what "Google" shows you in their first search hit

"When compared with unvaccinated patients, VE of a bivalent booster dose in preventing COVID-19–associated hospitalization was 84%," the authors said. "When compared with patients who had received ≥2 monovalent-only mRNA vaccine doses ≥2 months before illness onset, relative VE of a bivalent booster dose was 73%."

The authors said their findings should reinforce the importance of bivalent boosters for older adults, who are most at risk for severe outcomes of COVID-19 infections. Currently bivalent booster dose coverage in the United States remains low among adults, with only 16% of those aged 18 to 64 boosted, and 36% of those 65 and older.

"All eligible persons, especially adults aged ≥65 years, should receive a bivalent booster dose to maximize protection against COVID-19 hospitalization this winter season," the authors concluded.

I already knew the answer, I wondered if you’d admit it.

Seems like you just THOUGHT you knew the answer....

The study by researchers from healthcare provider Clalit, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and Sapir College has not yet been peer reviewed.

It found an 81% reduction in hospitalizations among people aged 65 and older who had received the booster against those who had previously received at least two COVID vaccinations, but not the Omicron-adapted shot.

"Hospitalization due to Covid-19 occurred in 6 bivalent recipients and 297 participants who did not" receive it, the study said. "Death due to Covid-19 occurred in 1 bivalent recipient and 73 participants who did not."

Reactions: HawkMD
Cherry picking a small sample of data should be beneath you. Of course it’s more effective for old people. That’s about the only group that really need boosters.
We mandated the vaccine for working age people though. Not retirees.
It’s barely effective for most people, and that effectiveness wears off quickly.

I posted the actual population wide effectiveness rate. You tried to select the most vulnerable segment of the population to manipulate the actual rate.

Nope

Placebo effects exist. That is WHY whenever they are testing any drug, they have an untreated placebo group to establish that baseline. It is standard in running these kinds of tests. In fact, if you look at vaccine studies, there was a group that did NOT get any vaccine, they got a saline injection, so that they could identify false placebo-triggered complaints.
Placebo effects aren’t real… aren’t you supposed to be the smart one?

Since @Pinehawk only has an emoji to respond to the 2.5x lower risk claim - I'll lay it out for the math-inhibited.

• Say we have a group of people, 2000, and 5% will end up hospitalized with Covid when infected.
  • We magically "clone" this group with another, of identical people with identical immune system and vaccination history. We have identical groups, A and B.
  • 5% hospitalization means 100 of them will end up with severe Covid and in the hospital when infected (both groups); BUT, we add in the bivalent vaccine to Group B.
  • The vaccine (as Pinehawk posted) is "60% effective" in preventing serious disease/hospitalization.
  • So, Group A ends up with 100 hospitalized.
  • Group B has "60%" of that 100 who are NOT hospitalized, because the vaccine was "60% effective".
  • 60% of 100 is 60, so the vaccine prevents 60 hospitalization in Group B.
  • 40 in Group B are hospitalized.

Group A hospitalizations / Group B hospitalizations = 100 / 40 = 2.5x
The vaccines reduced the risk by 2.5x for the bivalent vaccine for "identical" Group B.

Now, the link I'd posted from Israel indicated 81%-86% effectiveness for the bivalent vaccines.

Same math applied to our hypothetical groups here means instead of 100 hospitalizations, we have 14-19 hospitalizations, based on that study result (100-81 and 100-86).

100 / 14 = 7.1x risk reduction

100 / 19 = 5.3x risk reduction

The original post that @Pinehawk threw a hissy-fit over stated "3x-6x" reduced risk. From these two studies, that actual range is about 2.5x to 7x, which is a little wider range than I'd posted, but close enough.

(FTR: A "50% effective vaccine" will cut your risk in half.)

@Pinehawk doesn't want to admit the vaccines are effective, so he won't learn the math to compute these risk-ratios.

Or, he's just plain dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I just kind of chuckle to myself when people who are the poster child of ”My Freedoms” die by their sword. I do feel sorry for their families though for the embarrassing “Funeral for an imbecile” they are obligated to arrange.

YOU CANT MAKE ME WEAR A HELMET - LAND OF THE FREE!

YOU CANT MAKE ME WEAR A SEATBELT - LAND OF THE FREE!

MAGAs who don't understand medicine/science - YOU CANT MAKE ME GET A VACCINE - I DID MY RESEARCH!

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT