ADVERTISEMENT

OH....MERCY!!!!

c8PdQ.gif

I guess plays like that one are why I've said time and time again....... He's a legit Heisman contender, give ball, move out of way! Kid is a beast.

After watching it more times than I should, I started watching how the sidelines start getting into it. Then at the very end of the run, off on the sidelines the cheerleaders are jumping up and down with both hands in the air. The funny thing is the guy next to them in the #14 shirt doing his best cheerleader imitation! Very similar except he is 50 years older and weighs 100 pounds more.

Seems like a happy camper though, as we all were.

Last edited:
After watching it more times than I should, I started watching how the sidelines start getting into it. Then at the very end of the run, off on the sidelines the cheerleaders are jumping up and down with both hands in the air. The funny thing is the guy next to them in the #14 shirt doing his best cheerleader imitation! Very similar except he is 50 years older and weighs 100 pounds more.

Seems like a happy camper though, as we all were.
Kinda like dancing bear guy from the 2015 game. Lol

I really enjoyed that it was Lanning with the coverage and whiff of first tackle as AW ran away from him.

If Lanning had started out his college career as a LB he might be a really good defensive player. It's been years but I remember some Iowa fans thinking he was worth a scholarship, but not as a QB. Just a really good player and athlete, the kind Norm used to say you want on the bus.

I really enjoyed that it was Lanning with the coverage and whiff of first tackle as AW ran away from him.

Actually it would have been best if it could have been Lazard (yes, i get he's a WR, but he's such a tool/douche/arse that any time he effs up is fun. Knowing he's leaving 1-3 in his career against us is fun).
I actually give credit to Lanning being willing to shift over to D so he can keep playing.

This kid was a great pick up. And he's back next year!
Yep. Not to pick a scab, but today was another example of the importance of receivers being able, and willing downfield blockers. Easley's score came because of excellent work by MVB at the goal line. Easley returns the favor for Wadley and so on. These guys are already out in space ahead of the play, and their efforts turn 10 yard plays into touchdowns. Just as they are drawn up!

Yep. Not to pick a scab, but today was another example of the importance of receivers being able, and willing downfield blockers. Easley's score came because of excellent work by MVB at the goal line. Easley returns the favor for Wadley and so on. These guys are already out in space ahead of the play, and their efforts turn 10 yard plays into touchdowns. Just as they are drawn up!

I think we all get the importance of downfield blocking by the WRs... you site a good example. We just like to see them used as "receivers" too...once in awhile. Fortunately, we're getting more of that.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I think we all get the importance of downfield blocking by the WRs... you site a good example. We just like to see them used as "receivers" too...once in awhile. Fortunately, we're getting more of that.
Absolutely. Its clear that BF plans to use ISM speed as a weapon to open the field, even though he's green and has not,(earned his stripes) as a blocker yet, as people say. Also happy to see Hock get involved in the pass game this week. It's not like the staff had much choice to involve some of the young receivers, but its great to see them stepping up. It is interesting that as we saw more of ISM, and B Smith Saturday, we've yet to see much from Young or Falconer, whom I don't remember seeing at all.

Reactions: F6n6
"Stanley scanning...Wadley got past Lanning"

Sounds like a solid start to my future favorite song

I think Falconer and Young have been passed up. It doesn't mean they won't contribute or even make their way back as starters, but I believe they have been passed.

Nick did a nice job of getting in the way on that block , I still think AW would have made that defender look silly running full speed at him.. seen AW stop on dime many times!

I think Falconer and Young have been passed up. It doesn't mean they won't contribute or even make their way back as starters, but I believe they have been passed.
Didn't young have a nice catch and YAC to get a crucial first down?

The 1st thing Wadley talk about after the game was Easley blocking down field and said Butler pounding on the D the series before this run

Young is on quite a few of the special teams and has seen time at WR in both games so far. I would agree that Smith-Marsette has passed him though. I think Falconer is buried on the depth chart and likely won't see the field much this year. I think are WR rotation/order is pretty much (1) VandeBerg, (2) Easley, (3) Smith-Marsette and (4) Young and then (5) Smith. Smith has been in on a play or two but I haven't seen him on any special teams. We still haven't seen Quarells yet. In the event we ever get into a blow out situation, I think they would get Smith-Marsette, Young and Smith (and possibly Quarells) as many game reps as possible and doubt they go much deeper than that on the depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see Falconer move on after the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT