ADVERTISEMENT

Oh...what could have been...CHICAGO.

Hawkman34

HR All-American
Mar 17, 2002
This one hurts WAY more then last year.
  • Had (Maybe) the best player to EVER wear a Hawk uniform leading the team.
  • All the hype from outside of the Iowa media and fan base (so many people LOVED us).
  • We were peaking (or so we thought) at the right time.
  • Win two games, with arguably, the easiest path of any 5 seed in the tourney to the Sweet 16.
  • Then, end up in Chicago, where the atmosphere would have been OFF THE CHARTS.
As many have already pointed out, this really was Fran's best chance to get that Sweet 16 monkey off his back. I simply don't know how he will get us there now. And I say this knowing that this year was a GREAT coaching job by Fran. I don't think anyone thought today would be a cakewalk....but who could have seen that performance?

Unless Keagan pull a crazy decision (like coming back...which would be insane for him), I see a MUCH weaker team next year. One more thing, the top 50 draft prospects were released and Kris in on there. He will most likely test the waters...and who could blame him. I know he is no Keagan at this point...but would anyone have seen this year from Keagan after last year?

UGH!!!

This one hurts WAY more then last year.
  • Had (Maybe) the best player to EVER wear a Hawk uniform leading the team.
  • All the hype from outside of the Iowa media and fan base (so many people LOVED us).
  • We were peaking (or so we thought) at the right time.
  • Win two games, with arguably, the easiest path of any 5 seed in the tourney to the Sweet 16.
  • Then, end up in Chicago, where the atmosphere would have been OFF THE CHARTS.
As many have already pointed out, this really was Fran's best chance to get that Sweet 16 monkey off his back. I simply don't know how he will get us there now. And I say this knowing that this year was a GREAT coaching job by Fran. I don't think anyone thought today would be a cakewalk....but who could have seen that performance?

Unless Keagan pull a crazy decision (like coming back...which would be insane for him), I see a MUCH weaker team next year. One more thing, the top 50 draft prospects were released and Kris in on there. He will most likely test the waters...and who could blame him. I know he is no Keagan at this point...but would anyone have seen this year from Keagan after last year?

UGH!!!
Even if Keegan comes back the Hawks won’t make the Sweet 16. Not under Fran.

Baylor lost in Fort Worth, TX (91 miles from Waco) as a #1 seed / defending champion. Home atmosphere takes you only so far.
Totally agree....but it still would have been amazing to see the Hawk fans flood into Chicago for a sweet 16 battle.

Most of thought this team was NIT bound from the beginning of the season. After the home Michigan loss I thought it was for certain. I was surprised. It happens. They could make another run next year. But I am extremely pessimistic about those chances.

ADVERTISEMENT