ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Football Mom Tased and Arrested For Not Wearing a Mask At A Game

Also, glasses lady with the mask and brown shorts needs to GTFO. Could she go ahead and get cuffed as well? Not only do people need to get off the cops and let them do their jobs but I can't imagine you're actually helping your friend by agitating the cop even more.

Reactions: funksouljon
Alecia Kitts drove an hour and a half from Marietta to Logan, Ohio to watch her son’s football game.

In the first quarter she was approached by an officer from the Logan Police Department because she was not wearing a mask.

The video below shows the three-minute encounter between Kitts and the officer.

55093842.jpg

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Alecia Kitts drove an hour and a half from Marietta to Logan, Ohio to watch her son’s football game.

In the first quarter she was approached by an officer from the Logan Police Department because she was not wearing a mask.

This could be turned into a "how not to get tazed" comedy sketch like Chris Rock's "how not to get your ass kicked by police" bit.

While watching that, the whole time I just wanted to know what was going on with the game. And just wear your mask ma’am.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Because people sitting in restaurants keep socially distanced.
People in bars get drunk and don't.
Is not the woman getting arrested practicing social distancing, in the clean, open air? The article claims she has asthma. That's a medical condition worthy of exemption. The restaurants can be considered an incubator. Praising the police state is anti-freedom.

Is not the woman getting arrested practicing social distancing, in the clean, open air? The article claims she has asthma. That's a medical condition worthy of exemption. The restaurants can be considered an incubator. Praising the police state is anti-freedom.
People with asthma are at a greater risk to develop more significant complications from COVID-19. Wearing a mask, while generally speaking, is meant to diminish the spread of COVID, it may also make symptoms less severe as it can reduce the amount of coronavirus particles inhaled.

People with mild, well-controlled asthma should have no difficulty complying with mask mandates.

Those with severe asthma should stay at home if at all possible, and avoid crowds.

If you have a pre-existing condition like asthma, just stay home and let the rest of the world function. Did I do that right?

Video like this is why we can't have nice things like fans in the stands at Iowa games this year.
I cannot imagine the carnage as thousands of fans with booze in their system head into Kinnick, many of them itching to see a game, and turn themselves into a martyr.

If wearing a mask is “required” why not wear the mask, doobi? Seems everyone else in the stands was “masked” up... why is she special? She didn’t have to attend the game, you know.

I'm not talking her specifically. I mean the rule is insane.

The issue I have is that this would have been national news if this was a Black civilian and a white officer. It would have been viewed again as systemic racism, the officer would have been vilified and athletes around the country would have pointed out how bad the cops are. I wish people could see how much the press fans the flames and controls the tempo of propaganda on issues they want to promote. This does not fit the profile. Again, if people just followed the rules and obeyed police officer requests, none of this would be an issue

Last edited:
So there are two things at issue here.

First if she didn’t want to wear the mask then so be it. But when asked to leave she probably just should have. Or certainly she should have when the officer showed up. And she sure as hell shouldn’t be trying to resist. I do have a question about trespassing on public property though. I don’t know the answer but it seems to me if we all pay taxes we all own these schools. Unless it was private.

Second is the fact that we have turned into a police state where not wearing a mask has become a crime. This is shameful. While I don’t dispute the general idea that masks are helpful, being compelled to wear one under the threat of prosecution seems like a big stretch to me. If it’s, say, a private grocery store where the owner insists on it as a criteria to enter I’m fine with that but to turn this simple thing into this huge ordeal at this game seems like we’ve jumped the shark.

How so? Masks seem to work as advertised. In public, you social distance...if you cant social distance, you mask! Obviously, the gal was NOT social distancing. However, she felt the rules didn’t apply to her.
She wasn’t social distancing because this appeared to be family she was sitting near to. Do you socially distance in your home? Do you socially distance from your family when outside the home? I don’t social distance from my family. What’s the point? We live in the same house.

Yep it looks like she did. And still no rush of white people defending her or saying she was brutalized.
No she wasn’t brutalized. She resisted arrest and the officer did what he had to do. He couldn’t throw her to the ground as they were on a bleachers.

He actually remained calm and professional. He was doing his job. It wasn’t the officers place or the lady’s place to question the whole wisdom of all this. We are free to do that later. As are they.

Reactions: mstp1992 and ping72
So there are two things at issue here.

First if she didn’t want to wear the mask then so be it. But when asked to leave she probably just should have. Or certainly she should have when the officer showed up. And she sure as hell shouldn’t be trying to resist. I do have a question about trespassing on public property though. I don’t know the answer but it seems to me if we all pay taxes we all own these schools. Unless it was private.

Second is the fact that we have turned into a police state where not wearing a mask has become a crime. This is shameful. While I don’t dispute the general idea that masks are helpful, being compelled to wear one under the threat of prosecution seems like a big stretch to me. If it’s, say, a private grocery store where the owner insists on it as a criteria to enter I’m fine with that but to turn this simple thing into this huge ordeal at this game seems like we’ve jumped the shark.

Neither of your points carries any weight.

1) try walking into almost any public school in this country today. You can’t even get inside unless they buzz open the door, and then you have to check in with the office before you can actually enter the school.

2) she is not being forced to wear a mask. She is required to wear a mask if she wants to enter the stadium. No different than a restaurant requiring a shirt or shoes. They can ask you to leave. If you don’t, you are then illegally trespassing. She was NOT forced to wear the mask or face prosecution. It was/is not illegal to take off your mask at the game, but you will be asked to put it back on or leave.

Life is a learning process. Such as one I learned a long, long time ago. It is a pretty good idea to do exactly what the nice officer tells you to do at all times.

You may not agree with it, you may not like it one bit...but it is still a damn good idea to do it.

Reactions: haw-key
The issue I have is that this would have been national news if this was a Black civilian and a white officer. It would have been viewed again as systemic racism, the officer would have been vilified and athletes around the country would have pointed out how bad the cops are. I wish people could see how much the press fans the flames and controls the tempo of propaganda on issues they want to promote. This does not fit the profile. Again, if people just followed the rules and obeyed police officer requests, none of this would be an issue

1) apparently this is national news. It happened in Ohio, reported I assume by the link in Tennessee, being discussed now on an Iowa board.

2) I will disagree that this would be presented any differently if the races were reversed because there is no injustice here. But that’s obviously just my opinion.

1) apparently this is national news. It happened in Ohio, reported I assume by the link in Tennessee, being discussed now on an Iowa board.

2) I will disagree that this would be presented any differently if the races were reversed because there is no injustice here. But that’s obviously just my opinion.
You are being terribly naive.

You really think every time a black person is physically detained by a white officer it becomes national news? SMFH

Reactions: ping72
Neither of your points carries any weight.

1) try walking into almost any public school in this country today. You can’t even get inside unless they buzz open the door, and then you have to check in with the office before you can actually enter the school.

2) she is not being forced to wear a mask. She is required to wear a mask if she wants to enter the stadium. No different than a restaurant requiring a shirt or shoes. They can ask you to leave. If you don’t, you are then illegally trespassing. She was NOT forced to wear the mask or face prosecution. It was/is not illegal to take off your mask at the game, but you will be asked to put it back on or leave.
Point number 1 well taken regarding the trespassing.

I already addressed point 2 and agree. That if it is required for entry so be it. I take issue with criminally prosecuting someone for not doing it.

Reactions: mstp1992 and ping72

I already addressed point 2 and agree. That if it is required for entry so be it. I take issue with criminally prosecuting someone for not doing it.
Criminal prosecution won't be for the mask, but for trespassing and resisting arrest.

I agree with you on prosecuting people for not wearing them. But I do think entities should have the right to require them and to ask people to leave if they don’t and charge them with trespassing if they won’t.

If the person then resides arrest and gets tazed...that’s on them.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Good. Do as you are asked or get the repercussion. She earned what she got just like 99.999999% of all of these situations. No reason to protest this one either.

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT