ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Stadium, Iowa, and Free Drinks.

Steamboat529529

HR All-American
May 27, 2021
I’m curious to see what Iowa people thought of their experience at the Horseshoe on Saturday? Maybe Ohio State fans didn’t look at Iowa as a real threat, but they were all super nice, except for this one drunk guy that kept heckling our band and dance team.
I really liked how big the concourses were in the stadium. It didn’t help the bathroom lines at all. But it was nice not to be shoulder to shoulder with everyone at halftime like you are at Kinnick.
And the free/unlimited fountain drinks that were self serve!!!! That was cool.

I had a great experience all around. Their fans were great, it was a stadium I've always wanted to see a game in, and Columbus was a fun town. The only downside was the drive - I'll fly if I ever go there again.

The bands playing together at halftime put on a great show. They were celebrating 100 years playing football in the shoe, and I thought the stadium showed its age. Having been there once, I likely will not go back.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
The bands playing together at halftime put on a great show. They were celebrating 100 years playing football in the shoe, and I thought the stadium showed its age. Having been there once, I likely will not go back.
I agree. It did seem a little old.

The ‘Shoe is a neat stadium. I give it much higher marks than the Big House or Nebraska. But haven’t been there since the ‘09 showdown.

I’m curious to see what Iowa people thought of their experience at the Horseshoe on Saturday? Maybe Ohio State fans didn’t look at Iowa as a real threat, but they were all super nice, except for this one drunk guy that kept heckling our band and dance team.
I really liked how big the concourses were in the stadium. It didn’t help the bathroom lines at all. But it was nice not to be shoulder to shoulder with everyone at halftime like you are at Kinnick.
They didn’t charge $8 for fountain drinks? How’s that possible. 😂

I attended the Ohio State games in 2013 and 2004. In 2013 we 3 linebackers that went into the pros, and had a shot at winning. Ohio State has a lot going for them, their band played in the basketball arena which was filled and band came thru exit ramps and the Coach speaks and the players before the game There were plenty of bars near the stadium, and fans were quite energetic and stadium was loud, so was similar to Kinnick except Stadium is much bigger. I contrast this with going to Ann Arbor. The acoustics are such that you can hardly hear the band. There is not bars and restaurants near the stadium, and their fans were quiet and most tailgaters were drinking hard liquor. A lot of the coeds looked and dressed like librarians, not out to party like Ohio State and Iowa

They didn’t charge $8 for fountain drinks? How’s that possible. 😂
I did buy a cup because I didn’t know what was going on, for like ten bucks. A lot of Ohio State people were just filling up water bottles or drink containers they brought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT