ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Stadium

Would love to be (haven't been since 2005) but it's my wife's 40th the day before. I'm guessing she will want to be somewhere a little more tropical.

I can't believe the pricing on StubHub for the Iowa game. On our visit many years ago we were in section 18A, cheapest I could find there was ~$550/ticket. The nose bleeds at the very top of the south sections are ~$160/ticket, Good lord. I hope OP has secured his seats by now.

I can't believe the pricing on StubHub for the Iowa game. On our visit many years ago we were in section 18A, cheapest I could find there was ~$550/ticket. The nose bleeds at the very top of the south sections are ~$160/ticket, Good lord. I hope OP has secured his seats by now.
Well Ohio State does have some high expectations for the season.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Great stadium experience. We got tickets through the UI ticket office. They are nosebleeds, but at least you are not surrounded by a sea of red. Single games go on sale 6/24 through OSU’s ticket office, but I’m guessing those will go fast.

If you’re familiar with Airbnb, I’d go that route. If not, there are a lot of hotels in Columbus that are within a reasonable drive to the stadium.
I put in a request with the UI Ticket Office as a non-season ticket holder. What are the chances of this request being granted? I’m assuming they refund $$.

Even though I’m from Ohio and have many family and friends who went to Ohio State, I have that feeling to for the most part. It is a colossal scene and something definitely fun to experience, but it is quite pathetic that the buckeyes are pretty much the only game in town in the metro area of 3 million people. What a Friggin Boring place Columbus, OH is. All the sprawl and traffic and lack of public parks and in general all the bad aspects of a big crowded urban area, but culturally and in terms of quality of life and entertainment, it’s no more significant than Des Moines. Cincinnati is SO much more interesting. And Cleveland has much more truly world class stuff, plus nature, parks, beaches, etc and especially culturally (art, music, theater) than Columbus and Cincinnati combined.

but I have to say, watching script Ohio or a marching band that is a religion to its members, is a sight to behold.
Been the Columbus twice for games. Both times impressed with the stadium and game day experience. Both times left feeling like the town really isn’t very nice.

Been the Columbus twice for games. Both times impressed with the stadium and game day experience. Both times left feeling like the town really isn’t very nice.
Correct. Columbus is boring. Cincinnati has much more going on and much more history and culture. And Cleveland has even more than than cinci.
Earlier posts claimed that it’s ridiculous to include Akron Canton in the Cleveland metro area, but that’s not my opinion, but that’s just how the demographers have it set up because it is one contiguous metropolitan area. The Cleveland metro area is 3.6 million, and Columbus and Cincinnati metro areas are just over 2 million. You can’t say that about Columbus and Dayton because there’s about 50 miles of cornfields between the two.

there’s also a weird thing about central in Southern Ohio that people tend to get very provincial, no idea why. Columbus doesn’t have a single world class arts organization, unlike Cincinnati which has a great orchestra, and unlike Cleveland which has a world-class art museum and arguably the best or one of the best orchestras in the world. Plus you’ve got the number one or number two hospital and medical research facility in the world in the Cleveland clinic. And Lake Erie. Swimming sailing and best walleye fishing on the planet
Etc. And it’s called the heart of rock ‘n’ roll for many reasons. Columbus is minor league and milquetoast. But Ohio State is an excellent university and they have a phenomenal football program.

Ohio Stadium is epic though. And the fact that it will be a scarlet out will make the atmosphere quite charged. In my opinion the game depends on the Iowa quarterback. The Iowa Defense will hold its own with anybody, even though they couldn’t maintain their intensity through the entire Michigan game because the offense kept sabotaging it.

Let’s hope the Manning Brothers have waved a magic wand over Mr. Petras

ADVERTISEMENT