ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State #1, Mich State #2 in AP Poll

OnceAhawk

HB MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Iowa is getting 10 votes, good enough for 38th in the country.

The Associated Press Top 10:

1 Ohio St
2 Mich State
3 Ole Miss
4 TCU
5 Baylor
6 Notre Dame
7 Georgia
8 LSU
9 UCLA
10 FL State

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
Yes, and Auburn, which started the season #6--along with preseason #18 Arkansas--is nowhere to be found which, once again, demonstrates the foolishness of preseason and early season polls. No poll can be taken seriously until at least mid-October, and even then the preseason bias is still apparent in many cases.

So take the polls for what they're worth: coffee shop conversation. They mean next to nothing.

I wouldn't mind seeing MSU take the whole thing.

I would. But it sets up quite the game whenever MSU and Ohio State play each other, although if OSU doesn't figure out this quarterback thing pretty soon they won't be undefeated for much longer.

I was watching Inglorious Bastards the other night. Has anyone done a proper background check on Mark Dantonio?

10104713-large.jpg

Reactions: greenelite
How did Ohio State go from having 3 Heisman Trophy quarterbacks to no quarterbacks? I'm betting they figure it out. There is another team if you waited until midseason to rank teams they probably shouldn't get any votes. Very unimpressive.

As the saying goes, if you are playing two quarterbacks, you don't have one. Although this is a bit different since Meyer actually has two (well, three) really good players and he just can't make a decision.

It's not like Ohio State was dominant throughout the majority of the season last year. To expect that level of play throughout the season is unrealistic. Of course, it's reasonable to expect that they probably shouldn't turn the ball over five times against Northern Illinois.

OSU still has a championship caliber defense. All they really have to do is quit turning the ball over and nobody in the B1G will beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT