ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State 2022 commits

Right now, the gap between Ohio St and the rest of the B10 is wider than the gap between Clemson and the rest of the ACC. Pretty crazy to think about. The league is truly Big 1, little 13.

No it's not. Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan St, Iowa are much better than Miami, North Carolina, NC State, VA Tech, BC, etc.

Being serious, I might (more than likely) not live to ever see this type of score vs. Buckeyes again....when I was watching it, it was like an out of body experience and I wasn't really sure that it was actually happening....until I saw the 'Woodshed' headline the next morning.;)
Truth! I had a rugby game that day so I missed the game but I asked my friend the score (thinking it would be a blowout) and when I heard the score I said to F off and tell me the real score. I was glad to be wrong.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of all P5 schools. Some schools can bring in nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits every year. Other schools are developmental programs that have to recruit kids based potential and coach them to to play like upper echelon players. Yes, coaching is certainly part of the equation but having the blue blood reputation and fertile recruiting territory is often the difference between a good class and a great one. Nick Saban could not land the same level of recruits at Michigan State as he did and has at LSU and Alabama.

The thing with Saban is that the guy can coach and developer players. He was doing that at MSU. As soon as he had some success, he left. So who knows where MSU would be at right now if he was still there.

Would he have the state of Michigan locked down recruiting wise? Looking at Michigan post Lloyd? Maybe.

Would he be pulling some top recruits out of Ohio? Most likely.

Would he be a national title contender? If Dantonio can get MSU to the playoffs, then Saban would have too.

All of this is pure speculation. But in my opinion, if Saban was still at MSU, OSU would not have had the run they have. You would see some MSU mixed in with OSU winning the conference.

Saban just didn’t have the patience to build it.

The thing with Saban is that the guy can coach and developer players. He was doing that at MSU. As soon as he had some success, he left. So who knows where MSU would be at right now if he was still there.

Would he have the state of Michigan locked down recruiting wise? Looking at Michigan post Lloyd? Maybe.

Would he be pulling some top recruits out of Ohio? Most likely.

Would he be a national title contender? If Dantonio can get MSU to the playoffs, then Saban would have too.

All of this is pure speculation. But in my opinion, if Saban was still at MSU, OSU would not have had the run they have. You would see some MSU mixed in with OSU winning the conference.

Saban just didn’t have the patience to build it.
As you said, all of this pure speculation. I still believe OSU would have been better than MSU had Saban stayed there.

As you said, all of this pure speculation. I still believe OSU would have been better than MSU had Saban stayed there.

I didn’t say OSU wouldn’t be better than MSU. I would agree with OSU being better overall. I just believe MSU would be a problem for OSU had Saban stayed.

Go read the SEC boards and it's the same for Alabama. Actually, only OSU, Clemson and maybe Georgia has the talent to upend Alabama. And yes, I realize OSU was missing several key players (Covid restrictions) in the NC game against Alabama but that horrible DB was even more of a factor. Fix that unit this year and they could be lethal.

An even more telling stat how far the gap is: I read an article that OSU has way more 5-star and top 100 recruits from 2016 to 2020 than the rest of the B1G COMBINED - yes, that's COMBINED. And they've just added to that gap with their 2021 and 2022 (so far) classes.

Reactions: bowlhawk
Ryan Day and staff are proving to be excellent recruiters. Day is a fine offensive coach, appears to be a nice guy, and is much easier to pull for than Urban Meyer!

Reactions: Buck2427
ADVERTISEMENT