ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Hasn't Been Tested

May 27, 2009
They've played 5 of their first 6 games at home, and the best team they've faced so far is arguably 3-3 Notre Dame. Their lone road game has been at Michigan State where they led 35-13 at half. Outside of the ND game, they haven't had to play much in the second half.

I don't think Iowa's defense is drastically better than Notre Dame's or Wisconsin's, but I think Iowa will be the best defense OSU has faced. If we can get a few first half stops on defense and move the ball somewhat, I could see this game remaining tight into the second half. If that happens, anything can happen. Long story short, I don't think OSU is the #2 team in the nation. I think they're overrated.

They've played 5 of their first 6 games at home, and the best team they've faced so far is arguably 3-3 Notre Dame. Their lone road game has been at Michigan State where they led 35-13 at half. Outside of the ND game, they haven't had to play much in the second half.

I don't think Iowa's defense is drastically better than Notre Dame's or Wisconsin's, but I think Iowa will be the best defense OSU has faced. If we can get a few first half stops on defense and move the ball somewhat, I could see this game remaining tight into the second half. If that happens, anything can happen. Long story short, I don't think OSU is the #2 team in the nation. I think they're overrated.
So what’s your predicted score in the game tomorrow?

I guess it's nice to be optimistic. But then how optimistic should you be when you're on the Titanic and you just hit an iceberg?

BTW: My predicted score of tomorrow's mismatch, which I posted elsewhere, is a modest one:
Ohio State - 66
Iowa - 0

(Spoiler Alert -- It didn't end well for the Titanic either, although the captain had led many successful voyages before and had prepared well all week.)

“And move the ball somewhat”. If we could have done that in every game this year we would be 6-0.

Michigan’s pretty good. They’re almost identical to Iowa’s ‘02 team. Great O-line, athletic QB, better backs and a solid D. No superstars, just solid in all phases. They’ll be a tough out for anyone in the SEC.

You may be correct, but if Ohio State isn't the number two team in the nation, the Big Ten doesn't deserve a playoff team. The conference needs Ohio State to be head and shoulders above Michigan if it has any chance of competing with the SEC schools in the post season. From what we've seen of Michigan, they won't be capable of keeping up.
Who gives a f*** about what the conference wants from its top money makers at this point.

How bout that...........

They're not #2 - they're probably No #1 in terms of talent. I think Ohio State hadn't developed its offensive timing yet when playing Notre Dame. They seem to be about what people thought they'd be, even without Smith-Njigba. Unless it suddenly finds an amazing offense it's been keeping under wraps, Iowa will be lucky not to lose worse than the Michigan game next year. The defense might be vulnerable, as they've got a new coordinator, but so far it's looked like an upgrade. I would love to see Iowa pull the upset, but I don't expect it. I wouldn't expect Day to show any mercy if he gets a chance to pour it on, either.

It’s OK to dream,

I guess it's nice to be optimistic. But then how optimistic should you be when you're on the Titanic and you just hit an iceberg?

BTW: My predicted score of tomorrow's mismatch, which I posted elsewhere, is a modest one:
Ohio State - 66
Iowa - 0

(Spoiler Alert -- It didn't end well for the Titanic either, although the captain had led many successful voyages before and had prepared well all week.)
I would bet huge dollars that OSU does not score 66 points against us. Please contact me @ suterman9@gmail.com and name your wager. Let's have some fun. These kind of statements that you make are just ridiculous. If OSU scores 66 against us, I will leave this site. If they don't will you make the same wager or are you just a stupid asshole?

Last edited:
I would bet huge dollars that OSU does not score 66 points against us. Please contact me @ suterman9@gmail.com and name your wager. Let's have some fun. These kind of statements that you make are just ridiculous. If OSU scores 66 against us, I will leave this site. If they don't will you make the same wager or are you just a stupid asshole?
He flaps his asshole all the time and stupid shit flys out. He won't bet you.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

love my Hawkeyes but they are going to be in a world of hurt Saturday.

OSU has not been tested LOL

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I’m not a betting man, but I honestly see the prospect of Ohio State scoring 66 or more at about 50/50 since it’s at the Shoe. And I don’t think that’s an insult to our defense as much as it is a credit to OSU’s firepower and just how much our offense stinks and will put the defense in a bad position all game.

Fair points, but as somebody pointed out, here's the rankings of every offense you've played so far (scoring average). SDState-FCS school, ISU-106, Nevada-110, Rutgers-125, UM-6 Ill-78.

DO I think OSU scores 50 on you? No. Probably not 40, as I do think your D is very good. Just pointing out sometimes stats don't tell the whole story.

I think Petras throws 3 touchdowns today. They won’t be Iowa touchdowns, unfortunately.

I think that’s interesting about the Ohio St. cornerbacks. Good for OSU that Iowa rarely throws to the WRs.
3 tight ends today

So what’s your predicted score in the game tomorrow?
He won’t give a prediction. He doesn’t have the guts to go on record because if the Hawks win he can jump on here and lecture everybody about not having faith in them, and act like he is somehow superior. And if they lose, you won’t hear a peep out of him.

Reactions: frydaze
He won’t give a prediction. He doesn’t have the guts to go on record because if the Hawks win he can jump on here and lecture everybody about not having faith in them, and act like he is somehow superior. And if they lose, you won’t hear a peep out of him.
I’ll be positive today and say we lose 38-10. Garbage 4th quarter td for the back door cover. Ferentz will say the offense is progressing. Just need to clean a few things up.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
He fears if he comes here and predicts what he feels inside it will make him less of a black and gold rose colored glasses fantastic. I laugh at these people who feel they owe it to the coaches to be in awe of them and show no objectivity. The coaches would feel embarrassed for them.

Reactions: 83Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT