ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State, Michigan State win; who is next in Week 1

cidsports

HB King
My picks are going okay in Week 1. UCF, VA Tech are in the points column for my confidence points so far.

I picked the East to go 3-1 against the West.

Illinois is 1-0 after Week 0 in West, and back to back win over Nebraska dating back to Lovie Smith's final season..

Good morning Hawkeye Nation! Game Day has arrived for Iowa vs. Indiana!

Does Iowa and/or Wisconsin join the Illini at 1-0?

Our hope is that the Hawkeyes certainly get to 1-0.
  1. Iowa needs to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball
  2. While IU has more experience than Iowa in 2021, the Hawkeyes have the better track record, dating back the last 3, 5, 10 .... the past 40 years, since Iowa beat IU at Kinnick Stadium 42-28 on Homecoming, as Iowa ended the B1G 2 in 1981
  3. Phil Parker always talks about explosive plays, it was part of the conversation during Iowa's 55-24 win in 2017, against Ohio State
  4. Iowa needs to win that element today in Kinnick Stadium
  5. Turnovers killed Iowa in the 0-2 start last year, must stay or remain positive, like 2019 at Iowa State, when Iowa played well enough to pull a 18-17 win!
  6. Let's not forget about penalties that bit Iowa in opening day lost at Purdue and helped spark IUs win at Wisconsin last year
  7. Coaching, OC Brian Ferentz needs to put QB Spencer Petras and his offense in a manageable situation out of gate
  8. Stay ahead of the chains, keep it simple
  9. As, Hayden might say, scratch where it itches
  10. Fans in the stands .... Iowa needs Kinnick to be the 12th man today
Cidsports has Iowa a 29-24 winner, which is a pretty close game, when you look back over the years in this series.

But, I guess I am saying Iowa needs to get to 29 points. Over the years, looking back at 1981, 1991, 2001 and 2011: Indiana was held to 21 to 28 points. Iowa actually scored 38 to 45 points, but IU has maybe it's best team coming to Iowa City.

Iowa should be good in 2021 too! I agree with those saying the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News