ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Cyclone fans, I have to admit

BeepBeepInMyJeep

HR Legend
Jun 28, 2010
David Montgomery is very very good. I'm glad he's gone without beating Iowa and I'm really glad he's playing for the Bears. I could see him being the steal of the draft.

Quick, go link your troll thread on the ISU board as proof on Iowa being obsessed with ISU!!!!! YAY!

51J9VIKUOsL._SX425_.jpg

According to some ISU fans, they have several more David Montgomery's waiting in the wings, so I guess we're screwed.....
I have not heard a single person say anything remotely like that. Of course, I don't go to Cyclone Fanatic.

Butler probably can be replaced. Montgomery cannot. We have to hope that the line is enough better that his special skills won't be missed that much. The replacements may be better in some respects -- faster, maybe, or shiftier -- but they won't have his ability to get yards that aren't there.

Reactions: sob5
I have not heard a single person say anything remotely like that. Of course, I don't go to Cyclone Fanatic.

With as much time as you spend on this board, one would think you would have come across some of your own fans' drivel here and there. Iowa555 is yahoo of the month, but a bunch of others who have disappeared as their screen names have been banned had similar gems over the summer.

ISU has some decent talent at RB, but only the irrational Cyclone fans would think any of them are on the level of Montgomery. It does appear they have a better OL, so their rush offense might improved.

According to some ISU fans, they have several more David Montgomery's waiting in the wings, so I guess we're screwed.....

I could care less he decided to spend his glory years in possibly the lamest p5 college town in America. But I started texting my buddy last year that he'd be perfect for the bears. Hope it turns out that way

He is a great back. And will be huge for the Bears. It is unfortunate that his claim in college was most broken tackles. That happens when you run behind an atrocious line and play in a conference that is allergic to tackling. There is a reason the Big 12 has the lowest amount of people drafted out of the P5. Jesus, the bell cow, Oklahoma, actually fired their D coordinator mid year. If ISU doesn’t win 10 games this year it is a disaster. The odds came out and they are a dog in only the Okie game. So on paper they win 11 and push Texas.

Reactions: millhawk
He is a great back. And will be huge for the Bears. It is unfortunate that his claim in college was most broken tackles. That happens when you run behind an atrocious line and play in a conference that is allergic to tackling. There is a reason the Big 12 has the lowest amount of people drafted out of the P5. Jesus, the bell cow, Oklahoma, actually fired their D coordinator mid year. If ISU doesn’t win 10 games this year it is a disaster. The odds came out and they are a dog in only the Okie game. So on paper they win 11 and push Texas.
I could accept that. Officials probably gave Oklahoma the win.

It will be extremely interesting watching ISU’s season. For literally the first time in history, they have big expectations going into a season. We Hawkeye fans know all too well how our boys have done going into a season of major hype and reading their own headlines. Neither a 10- nor 6-win season would surprise me.

He also can't pick up a blitzing linebacker and got the quarterback killed

There is no way ISU goes 11-1 after losing their best wide receiver and running back in program history. More like 9-3 at best with losses to Iowa, OU, and Texas.
Certainly won’t be losing to Iowa. Early line is ISU -4.5 versus Iowa. The spread will close by game time and ISU will win by 10....don’t bet with your heart on this one

Certainly won’t be losing to Iowa. Early line is ISU -4.5 versus Iowa. The spread will close by game time and ISU will win by 10....don’t bet with your heart on this one

Iowa State hasn’t won by more than 3 points in nearly 15 years, and you think Iowa State is going to beat Iowa’s most talented team since 2010... by double digits. Lmao! Such a delusional fan base- almost as bad as Nebraska fans.

Iowa State hasn’t won by more than 3 points in nearly 15 years, and you think Iowa State is going to beat Iowa’s most talented team since 2010... by double digits. Lmao! Such a delusional fan base- almost as bad as Nebraska fans.
Yep, because the hawks will be facing a more talented and deeper team in Ames. The hawks have no way to move the ball against a salty defense that has two weeks to prepare.

LoL.

I’m betting on Iowa’s lines to win the battle on both sides of the ball to make it five straight. I see Iowa winning by 10 to 14 points due to superior running game and play action pass that will open up the deep ball due to your back seven not respecting Iowa’s wide receivers. Iowa’s D will shut down your offense w/o the top two players you’ve had in Butler and Montgomery . Iowa will be able to focus more on the passing game as you don’t have anyone like Montgomery in the backfield.

Reactions: TheHawk86
Yep, because the hawks will be facing a more talented and deeper team in Ames. The hawks have no way to move the ball against a salty defense that has two weeks to prepare.

Going into 2017 all we heard non-stop was how the new Iowa QB and weak passing game would be stifled by the great ISU secondary. Stanley threw 5 TD's and Iowa won 44-41. Who knows, I have no idea what will happen this year other than both teams will compete hard. But the last time an Iowa State defense dominated in a game in this series was 2005. That's a long time.

I have a standing offer to you regarding that game: if Iowa wins, you stop coming here. If the Clowns win, I don't go to Barnyard Buddies and talk crap.
Deal?

Mississippi State's 2018 defense was light-years better than any defense ISU will ever field. They had a month to prepare and still gave up more points to Iowa than they did to Alabama. Iowa's offense will be overall better this year. Not to mention ISU didn't beat a defense with a pulse last year. You, my friend, are drinking the McDonald's Kool-Aid.

BTW - ISU's bye week prior to the Iowa game is going to be ISU fans' prime go-to excuse when you lose this game again. I'd like to see the Vegas odds on that.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth out of Ames will be deafening on September 14. But it won't matter because just wait until next year or the year after or . . .

Delusional. Iowa State is not more talented or deeper than Iowa- just ask the NFL.
Two 1st round talents and two more draft choices gets 4th in the B10 West. Is that your claim? Once again I ask, is it KF’s job to turn out NFL players or to win? Depth and talent across the board is what matters and ISU is a more talented team. The hawks had 10 receptions from Fant and Hoch in last years game. That is 10 out of 16 total. Who is going to catch the ball this year? The hawks will certainly not be better in the passing game replacing both safety valves while the Clones will be better defensively. The hawks ran for 100 yards and needed the late drive to get it. How are the hawks going to run when they can’t pass? See what you fail to grasp is they aren’t going to be able to do either this year as the Clones will play a game and then spend two weeks prepping with a better defense than we had last year. Vegas bookmakers are no dummies and realize this game does not play to The hawks strengths at all. The only way the hawks win is with a plus turnover margin.

I'm not really concerned about the isu game...expecting a 14 point Hawkeye victory.

Two 1st round talents and two more draft choices gets 4th in the B10 West. Is that your claim? Once again I ask, is it KF’s job to turn out NFL players or to win? Depth and talent across the board is what matters and ISU is a more talented team. The hawks had 10 receptions from Fant and Hoch in last years game. That is 10 out of 16 total. Who is going to catch the ball this year? The hawks will certainly not be better in the passing game replacing both safety valves while the Clones will be better defensively. The hawks ran for 100 yards and needed the late drive to get it. How are the hawks going to run when they can’t pass? See what you fail to grasp is they aren’t going to be able to do either this year as the Clones will play a game and then spend two weeks prepping with a better defense than we had last year. Vegas bookmakers are no dummies and realize this game does not play to The hawks strengths at all. The only way the hawks win is with a plus turnover margin.

Iowa has more talent than Iowa State and it isn’t even close. That’s my claim. If Iowa State had more talent than Iowa they would have some legitimate high level NFL draft prospects, but they don’t. Iowa has more talent and more depth on both sides of the ball- again, it’s not even close.

And it’s funny how you claim that Iowa State’s defense will improve despite losing arguably their two best players (Harvey and Peavy), but it is implausible to you that Iowa’s offense could also improve despite losing Fant and Hockenson. This is the most talented and deepest group of WRs Iowa has had since 2009, two potential first round draft picks at OT, a center in Tyler Linderbaum who the Iowa staff is incredibly high on, improved play from the RBs, etc. Just another example of how biased and delusional you are.

While we are at it, how is Iowa State going to move the ball against Iowa? Iowa’s DL will be just as good as last year, and they made Iowa State’s OL look like five traffic cones last year. It’s going to be impossible for Iowa State to move the ball at all when Iowa’s DL is destroying Iowa State’s weak OL all game.

The big thing that Iowa will do this year which will allow us to run the football is to have much more of our offense based out of spread/rpo stuff. Iowa State likes to send defenders, especially LB’ers, upfield at the snap against Iowa to get into run fits and/or blitz against our conventional scheme. This time if they do that they will give up lots of short completions to WRs and TE’s - Nate’s not going to be utilizing conventional play action very much if at all in this game or all year IMO

Reactions: Wadzinator
Iowa has more talent than Iowa State and it isn’t even close. That’s my claim. If Iowa State had more talent than Iowa they would have some legitimate high level NFL draft prospects, but they don’t. Iowa has more talent and more depth on both sides of the ball- again, it’s not even close.

And it’s funny how you claim that Iowa State’s defense will improve despite losing arguably their two best players (Harvey and Peavy), but it is implausible to you that Iowa’s offense could also improve despite losing Fant and Hockenson. This is the most talented and deepest group of WRs Iowa has had since 2009, two potential first round draft picks at OT, a center in Tyler Linderbaum who the Iowa staff is incredibly high on, improved play from the RBs, etc. Just another example of how biased and delusional you are.

While we are at it, how is Iowa State going to move the ball against Iowa? Iowa’s DL will be just as good as last year, and they made Iowa State’s OL look like five traffic cones last year. It’s going to be impossible for Iowa State to move the ball at all when Iowa’s DL is destroying Iowa State’s weak OL all game.
Zero chance that Iowa’s offense improves losing the two TEs.....ZERO! A third year starting QB that had a completion % in the 50s with those two to throw to, is what he is. The hawk wr group is below average which means if the OL is not super human then there are problems. Defenses are going to force Stanley to throw to beat them.

Hawk recruiting has been no better than ISU’s under Campbell, so where is this talent gap you speak of? I believe ISU under Campbell has done a better job of developing talent and building depth across the board. I get it that you know very little about ISU’s defense, so you wouldn’t have a clue about the best players on the defense. Peavy and Harvey were solid but nowhere near the best on defense. There are at least 5 draft choices that will take the field for ISU this year on defense.

Reactions: LP4NU
The big thing that Iowa will do this year which will allow us to run the football is to have much more of our offense based out of spread/rpo stuff. Iowa State likes to send defenders, especially LB’ers, upfield at the snap against Iowa to get into run fits and/or blitz against our conventional scheme. This time if they do that they will give up lots of short completions to WRs and TE’s - Nate’s not going to be utilizing conventional play action very much if at all in this game or all year IMO
The hawks are going to run rpo with Stanley? You are funny! I get your sarcasm, but in all seriousness where is the offense going to come from?

Zero chance that Iowa’s offense improves losing the two TEs.....ZERO! A third year starting QB that had a completion % in the 50s with those two to throw to, is what he is. The hawk wr group is below average which means if the OL is not super human then there are problems. Defenses are going to force Stanley to throw to beat them.

Hawk recruiting has been no better than ISU’s under Campbell, so where is this talent gap you speak of? I believe ISU under Campbell has done a better job of developing talent and building depth across the board. I get it that you know very little about ISU’s defense, so you wouldn’t have a clue about the best players on the defense. Peavy and Harvey were solid but nowhere near the best on defense. There are at least 5 draft choices that will take the field for ISU this year on defense.

Delusional

I believe ISU under Campbell has done a better job of developing talent and building depth across the board.

How could you look at what both programs have done, what both programs have put in the NFL and conclude this? We took Hockenson who was a nobody from a small town, and turned him into the 8th pick of the draft. We do stuff like that all the time. When's the last time Iowa State has had a guy drafted in the first round? The two best players in ISU history weren't anywhere close. I'm trying not to be an Iowa homer here, but you have to look at the facts. You can't say stuff like "Iowa State has more talent" when it's objectively false.

How could you look at what both programs have done, what both programs have put in the NFL and conclude this? We took Hockenson who was a nobody from a small town, and turned him into the 8th pick of the draft. We do stuff like that all the time. When's the last time Iowa State has had a guy drafted in the first round? The two best players in ISU history weren't anywhere close. I'm trying not to be an Iowa homer here, but you have to look at the facts. You can't say stuff like "Iowa State has more talent" when it's objectively false.
Campbell is in year 4 and now has depth across the board. Wins are the mark of success not NFL picks. ISU is staring a 10 win season squarely in the face this year. That is significant when you play everyone in conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT