ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, looking forward...

Sidewinder00

HB MVP
Jan 13, 2002
I realize some may still have the need to vent, there's plenty of that going on in other threads. I want to look forward.

How this team handles the next game will be telling as to how the rest of the season goes. Huge game, in my opinion. Will they bounce back with a big road win, or will the late season fades continue?

Perspective is important... I believe this is still a very good team. We may have just lost to the best team in the conference. Jury is still out on Michigan. The conference balance is going chew up every team, nobody is going to run away from the pack.

Expectations are also important, and that's what is driving the vitriol in the other threads. Many of us expect more from this team - better coaching, better defense, better leadership, more hustle and grit. That's all fair, and frustrating. I expect Fran to make some needed adjustments to his rotations. He hints at understanding that, now just do it. I expect the players to figure out how to play better defensively, and if they can't, then their minutes should be reduced. The points will come, that's our strength.

But back to the central question, how will this team respond now? I hope to see a great bounce back victory this weekend. Indiana is not a better team than we are, and their home court should not be all that daunting. If that happens, I feel that the team will close the year in a great fashion. Won't win every game, but we will be poised yet again to make a nice tourney run. But admittedly, my confidence in that resurgence is not very high right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News