ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Nebraska . . . put your $$$ where your mouth is . . .

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
Now that its official, how long do we have to wait for Bill Moos and Scott Frost's press conference announcing that the University of Nebraska will be playing fall football in another conference?

Last edited:
Reactions: JStandefer
If that happens they'll be kicked out of the big10 .

eb9d58bd10c67ecb817c259923d3fa4b.jpg

Guaranteed if tOSU and Michigan do it and a few others follow the B1G wouldn't have the balls to kick them out.
Warren was too gutless to buck the narrative despite evidence to the contrary, or to release the results of the vote showing how divided they are.

What makes anyone think he'd have the balls to actually follow through with kicking a team out?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Guaranteed if tOSU and Michigan do it and a few others follow the B1G wouldn't have the balls to kick them out.

Balls to kick them out? More like would have the brains not to kick them out. You kick OSU and Mich out then guaranteed PSU follows and the B1G would quickly be weaker than any other P5 conf by far. People don’t want to admit it but it’s the truth.

I think Nebraska would love to get out of the B10 and get back to the B12 where they could be relevant in a weaker conference again. This may be their way to do it.

this was my thought. It’s probably all a scheme to get themselves out of the Big Ten or they’re clearly not good enough to compete.

“Well being of our student athletes” - playing 2 football seasons in 8 months

None of this makes any sense whatsoever Eppy. Who exactly are the presidents who wanted to cancel? We know Iowa, OSU, Nebraska, Michigan were all in. Penn State's Franklin came out saying they would fight. I can't imagine Mitch Daniels at Purdue would have voted to cancel. So who exactly voted for this? Rutgers, Maryland, Minnesota, who else?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Iowa is the main Big Ten team i follow outside of Nebraska, but I generally try not to post in the Nebraska threads, but I am curious about this. My mom used to teach at Lincoln High in Des Moines and counted Jordan Bernstine and Adam Robinson as students, so I've followed the Hawkeyes somewhat in part because she spoke highly of those two young men.

I think all of us are disappointed in the season being postponed or canceled, but would Iowa rather that Nebraska play this fall or not play? Did it rub Iowa fans wrong that Frost voiced a desire to play even if it's outside of the conference, or is it that you just hate Nebraska so much that anything they do tends to annoy you? Just curious on the Iowa perspective.

I think Nebraska would love to get out of the B10 and get back to the B12 where they could be relevant in a weaker conference again. This may be their way to do it.

I'd be just fine with Nebraska declaring its intention to leave the B1G. Pay the secession fee ($25M to $50M), wait the allotted time (2 to 3 years) and allow the B1G to recruit a replacement. Try to lure Missouri (St. Louis and Kansas City TV markets) or Colorado (Denver TV market). Trading the paucity of television revenue that the State of Nebraska's populace brings to the B1G's coffers for what Missouri or Colorado could bring is a definite "win" for the B1G.

Further, I'd take Missouri's academics and Colorado's academics over Nebraska's.

Finally . . . Boulder >>>>Columbia>>>>Lincoln

I think all of us are disappointed in the season being postponed or canceled, but would Iowa rather that Nebraska play this fall or not play? Did it rub Iowa fans wrong that Frost voiced a desire to play even if it's outside of the conference, or is it that you just hate Nebraska so much that anything they do tends to annoy you? Just curious on the Iowa perspective.

Scott Frost's statement was irritating because he was sticking out his chest, trying to act tough and essentially making claims that he couldn't back up. The whole "we're ready to play and if the conference won't allow Fall football, we'll figure something else out" statement essentially lathered up Nebraska fans for something that he couldn't deliver.

I'd be just fine with Nebraska declaring its intention to leave the B1G. Pay the secession fee ($25M to $50M), wait the allotted time (2 to 3 years) and allow the B1G to recruit a replacement. Try to lure Missouri (St. Louis and Kansas City TV markets) or Colorado (Denver TV market). Trading the paucity of television revenue that the State of Nebraska's populace brings to the B1G's coffers for what Missouri or Colorado could bring is a definite "win" for the B1G.

Further, I'd take Missouri's academics and Colorado's academics over Nebraska's.

I’d love to have Colorado in the B1G replacing Nebber.

It was a travesty that Nebraska and their subpar academics were ever let into the B1G.

I don't see Nebraska moving back to the B12. The decision to stay or go is, in the end, a financial call and believe it or not, Nebraskans know how to count money..... OK they may need a calculator....but they would be looking at approximately $30M per year in lost revenues after the move. And the B12 isn't the most stable athletic conference.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I don't see Nebraska moving back to the B12. The decision to stay or go is, in the end, a financial call and believe it or not, Nebraskans know how to count money..... OK they may need a calculator....but they would be looking at approximately $30M per year in lost revenues after the move. And the B12 isn't the most stable athletic conference.

joining the mountain west so they can have winning seasons again is more their style.

Iowa is the main Big Ten team i follow outside of Nebraska, but I generally try not to post in the Nebraska threads, but I am curious about this. My mom used to teach at Lincoln High in Des Moines and counted Jordan Bernstine and Adam Robinson as students, so I've followed the Hawkeyes somewhat in part because she spoke highly of those two young men.

Fair question. I don’t hate it at all. Each school has decisions to make that are sometimes independent of the prevailing opinion of the conference. more power to them.

It will be interesting to see if he/they actually “walk the walk”. I have a feeling that it was all lip-service, but I will give credit to Frost if they move forward and was not just spouting off.

I guess I dont understand what is to stop Nebraska from scheduling non-conference games?

Obviously, the Big Ten isnt going to let Nebraska "joing the Big 12" for a year. Why would they care though if they scheduled 6 nonconference games?

Reactions: amahawk
I guess I dont understand what is to stop Nebraska from scheduling non-conference games?

Obviously, the Big Ten isnt going to let Nebraska "joing the Big 12" for a year. Why would they care though if they scheduled 6 nonconference games?

because Big Ten schools are not playing football in the fall.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I understand, but why would the Big Ten be in charge of Nebraska's nonconference schedule?

because the Big Ten is not playing football in the fall. So their nonconference games will have to be in the spring like everyone else’s.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Obviously Iowa and Nebraska couldn’t go it alone but if OSU and Michigan are in as well then we could absolutely call the Big10’s bluff on this. They would never kick out all of those teams.

Scott Frost's comments about trying to play outside of conference amused me more than anything. I completely understand the desire to try to do whatever is possible to play this year, but it's pretty damned funny that they'd put their standing in the conference on the line for the sake of one season. I genuinely believe the U of N and Nebraska fans would like to go back to the B12, but there is no way they'll be able to do that with contractual issues in the B10 AND the B12.

Personally, I love watching Iowa kick Nebraska's ass in football year-in and year-out so, no, I don't want to see Nebraska leave the B10. I count on that automatic win to boost Iowa's record every year. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT