ADVERTISEMENT

OK, So What Happened?

Iron Doc

HB MVP
Nov 5, 2005
I had to leave early in the 2nd half after we just went up 19-0.
The 1st half looked as bad as last year. I about cried.
I called out to the gods for the permanent exile of the entire Offensive staff, INCLUDING The Capt.
When I got back, I saw we somehow scored FORTY points!
So what switch flipped???
Tell me there were ACTUAL OFFENSIVE SCHEMATIC CHANGES!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
imo if there was a single play that turned it around it was the one when cade somehow moved evaded stumbled out of getting sacked and lofted a touch pass to ostrenga. monster play that probably rewired cade’s head confidence wise. that was the switch flip.

The biggest difference I saw in the 2nd half was better OL play. The OL in the 1st half was hot garbage.
This. OL was really bad 1st half, 2nd half was much much better. Cade looked much more comfortable and was throwing way better balls. Also think playcalling in the 2nd was much better at keeping Ill St. defense on its heels. In the 1st half they knew what and where we were running constantly.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Looked like Iowa was taking what the defense was giving them especially on early downs staying ahead of schedule. A lot more misdirection stuff and misdirection with play action. Routes seemed to have more verity in both depth and space. (Not having 3 guys 2 bunched together down field like we’ve done in the past) also some RPO stuff mixed in with the slant etc. Would love to see the all 22 cut up tbh…still WIP with timing it looks like.

You are upset with the QB play today?
Being there, Gill was open deep on three separate plays. Level of competition, and a slow start. Cade was far from on fire before half. I will stand by what I said, he had better come out better next week, or it will be long day.

I love how when they asked Wallace post-game about what he said during halftime to motivate and he chuckled to himself for a second before delivering a standard answer. Imagining there were a couple obscenities in the mix.

Iowa now has an offensive coordinator who knows how to figure it out.

Agreed. The Iowa offense got better quarter by quarter.

The 2nd quarter offensive numbers were much better than the 1st qtr.

Things got even better in the 3rd & 4th quarters
, when Iowa simply wore out its FCS opponent.

Note below the yds/rush in the 1st quarter (2.1). Iowa ended up with 6.0 yards/carry for the game.

As you can also see below, Cade was 13-14 for 177 yards in the 2nd half.

The Iowa Offense today:

............................1st......2nd....3rd....4th
...........................Qtr......Qtr.....Qtr....Qtr......TOTAL
1st Downs........1.............5.......11.........6.............23
3rd Down......1-5........2-5.....3-4......1-1............7-15
3rd Down....20%.....40%....75%....100%.....47%
Passing.........3-8......5-9.....10-11.......3-3.....21-31
Pass %.........38%....56%......91%....100%....68%
Pass Yds.........17........57.........147.........30........251
Rushes.............8........12..........10...........10.........40
Rush Yds.........17.......56.........33........135........241
Per Carry.......2.1.......4.7.........3.3......13.5.........6.0
Total Yds........34......113........180.......165........492
Points...............3........3............13..........21...........40

Being there, Gill was open deep on three separate plays. Level of competition, and a slow start. Cade was far from on fire before half. I will stand by what I said, he had better come out better next week, or it will be long day.
He wasn’t great in the first half, but man, I think you’re probably living on that island alone. I guess you’re owning it.

I was borderline impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Some of the biggest pass receptions were only because of the receivers. They could be fun to watch this year.

Why even try to explain anything to you? Waste of time and energy.....
Give it a shot!! Tell me what they won by beating the mighty mighty Redbirds who can't even get into the playoffs at their own pathetic level? Like I said, the reason your dick is hard, is because you're one win closer to another No One Gives a Phuck bowl! lol

Give it a shot!! Tell me what they won by beating the mighty mighty Redbirds who can't even get into the playoffs at their own pathetic level? Like I said, the reason your dick is hard, is because you're one win closer to another No One Gives a Phuck bowl! lol
Pi$$ off!
Go back to whichever rock you crawled out from under…my guess is you’re a closet Nebber dumbfvck.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
So what exactly dumb ass should they have been asked to do against the team on their schedule. You play that team that week. End of discussion. Win that game and then on to the next. That the most any team can do. We get it. Your not a fan. Find something else to do with your time. I mean who's the bigger dumb ass then someone who spends so much tie focusing on something he doesn't give a shit about? Move on....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT