ADVERTISEMENT

Ok . . . the sky isn't falling . . .

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
But . . . JFC . . . Loras College? Freaking Loras College?!

I get that upsets happen. And, if there is any sport that is "set up" for the occasional head-scratching outcome, baseball is that sport. But . . . JFC . . . Loras College?!

I hope that one message came through loud and clear to the Iowa baseball roster yesterday. No team talented enough to walk onto the field and win because of what is printed on your jersey. Here's hoping that Loras College was the equivalent of a "wake the f--k up and get your heads in the game" moment.

I voiced my concerns regarding offense last year and it was my concern coming into this year. Losing Fullard did nothing to assuage those concerns.

I'm nowhere close to panicking or throwing in the towel . . . there is a lot of talent on this team (both in the dugout and on the field) and I expect them to put up a good fight through the balance of the schedule. Really hoping that we can all look back on March 1, 2022 and look at it as an anomaly and a potential turning point.

End. Of Rant.

Go beat the snot out of Cornell College today.

Sounds like from what I've read that some people thought the team was just going through the motions. Zero reason why a dude who had an 8.31 ERA last year should cruise through 7 innings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT