ADVERTISEMENT

OK, this is going to be super cool!

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
The Figge Museum in Davenport plans to hire the guy who designed the light display on San Francisco's Bay Bridge to light up all four walls of the all-glass building in displays that will "draw inspiration from the river, the sun setting, to create glowing and shifting colors that reflect natural elements in Davenport."

For those unfamiliar, here is the Figge:

figge5.jpg

And here is the SF Bay Bridge at night:

San_Francisco%E2%80%93Oakland_Bay_Bridge_at_Night.jpg

This is all part of what is shaping up to be an amazing $20 million or so refresh of the entire central city riverfront area:

The Figge Museum in Davenport plans to hire the guy who designed the light display on San Francisco's Bay Bridge to light up all four walls of the all-glass building in displays that will "draw inspiration from the river, the sun setting, to create glowing and shifting colors that reflect natural elements in Davenport."

figge5.jpg

This is all part of what is shaping up to be an amazing $20 million or so refresh of the entire central city riverfront area:

Natural elements in Davenport... like Meth addiction?

That bridge looks beautiful.
We almost moved to Davenport when my hubby was with Oscar Mayer. We were in New Jersey at the time so I thought Iowa would be a big improvement. 😉

CSB:

Former CNN anchor Bobbie Battista married a Kiwi who did this sort of thing for a living. They lived in the area and were clients of mine until she passed away and he moved back to, I believe, South Carolina. I have to wonder if he bid on this project.

Reactions: torbee

figge5.jpg

The term “lipstick on a pig” comes to mind.

Again.

figge5.jpg

I've watched that display (DRUNK) from the SF Marriott many times. It's mesmerizing and puke inducing after hour 2 of intoxication. I hope the dirty D does it right. Is there a bar near there? ;)

That bridge looks beautiful.
We almost moved to Davenport when my hubby was with Oscar Mayer. We were in New Jersey at the time so I thought Iowa would be a big improvement. 😉
Weiner jokes?

weinermobile-crash-2jpeg-56056206dc286cf0.jpeg

The Golden Gate is reserved for committing suicides. They done did f that up also with its barriers (which are a year and a half late and not complete). So we can still all go and jump!

People will have to wait to charge their EV....

By 2035, the batteries in California’s zero-emission cars could power every home in the state for three days.

In parallel with the drop in construction costs, the cost of electricity generated by solar farms has been dropping as well. The new analysis has tracked this via both the cost of power purchase agreements and the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE), the latter being a measure that compensates for the benefits of tax incentives to provide a more direct measure of how much a method of generation costs.
Both of these are dropping. The LCOE has plunged even faster than the cost of construction, dropping 16 percent annually since 2010, for a total drop of 85 percent. In concrete figures, the LCOE of solar was about $230 per megawatt-hour in 2010; it's now $33 per MWh. If the tax incentives are included, it drops further to $27 per MWh.

That's <$0.03/kWhr
We pay around $.12-.13/kWhr for electricity here.

Once municipalities can install local storage (something they can use "old"/worn out EV batteries for), it'll get even cheaper.

ADVERTISEMENT