ADVERTISEMENT

Ok What was Kriner doing dunking at end of game.

Not the very end, when it looked like we were going to just run the time out. No one was even attempting to defend the basket.

Indeed.

When everyone's just waiting the clock out, it's bush-league and poor sportsmanship.

If everyone was playing hard to the end, that'd be different.

why would anyone expect us to know what to do in a situation in which we rarely find ourselves...?

Assist to Bohannon
When you're up by twenty or more and there is less than 1 minute to go and you're at the foul line, do you miss on purpose? So what if you get beat by 16 or 20. Just move on...Anyway, it was bad refereeing that cost UConn:D

They were all over our guys up top which is why Kriener ended up with the ball. I love the play. UConn can suck it.
Exactly, I was confused watching the UConn guards hounding us up top, when they knew our intent was to dribble out and hand the ball to the ref. Unfortunately, their bigs weren’t on the same page. Team has to be all-in our all-out. That’s on their ball hawking guards trying to get a turnover and quick score in meaningless seconds.

I liked our prescriptive response.

Reactions: jasonrann
I wonder what those defending the dunk would have said if Iowa was on the receiving end of it?

A truly classless act, but I’m glad Fran and Ryan have both shown class by apologizing.

I wonder what those defending the dunk would have said if Iowa was on the receiving end of it?

A truly classless act, but I’m glad Fran and Ryan have both shown class by apologizing.

It wasn't a big deal that Ryan did it, and it wouldn't have been a big deal if our opponent did it.

Really can't believe some people take little shit like that so seriously.

It wasn't a big deal that Ryan did it, and it wouldn't have been a big deal if our opponent did it.

Really can't believe some people take little shit like that so seriously.

Seriously.
People have really turned into a bunch of sensitive pussies.
For so much crap that happens. People gotta cry about EVERYTHING.

Reactions: like-woahh

I wouldn't care because I'm not a cry baby wiener that gets his feelings hurt so easily.

Reactions: chodehawk
Maybe their guards should have backed off when it was obvious we were running out the clock.

Once again....UConn women routinely beat teams by 50. I don't feel bad for any team at that school getting embarrassed

Did you watch the Saints vs Eagles football game today. Little over minute left and New Orleans up 40 + points. Eagles were driving and NO all out blitzed and crushed Wentz. I’m sure you would feel this was “classless”. I think it was Troy Aikmen who said “if they are going to try to score, the defense should try to stop them”. Now had Wentz been taking a knee and NO blitzed and smashed him it’s a different story. UConn was blitzing when Iowa was trying to take a knee.

Kind of like Lebron taking a 3 with 10 seconds to go up 12 so he can have 50 points. But, since it is Lebron, it is OK.

They were all over our guys up top which is why Kriener ended up with the ball. I love the play. UConn can suck it.

I'd suggest going back and re-watching the last 30 seconds. UCONN's players were not "all over our guys up top." Not even close. They were not pressing; they were not going for the ball. The player "guarding" (and that is used loosely) wasn't doing anything other than standing next to Bohannon as the clocked ticked towards zero. They had backed away. Kriener gave a hand gesture to call for the ball and Bohannon fed it to him. Completely unchallenged.

Personally, I don't have a big problem one way or the other with what Kreiner did. But . . . to claim that he did it because UCONN continued to "be all over our guys" is pure fiction.

Reactions: Joes Place
I missed the elbow by UConn player. Does anyone have a clip?

It wasn't an elbow. As Kreiner jogged towards the opposite end of the court after dunking the ball, the UCONN player threw his right shoulder into him. The replay video on ESPN (you can watch it on ESPN 3 if you have a cable subscription - just search "Iowa") at 1:47:40 of the 1:48:28 video shows the UCONN player throwing his shoulder at Kriener just above the NBA three point line.

Exactly, I was confused watching the UConn guards hounding us up top, when they knew our intent was to dribble out and hand the ball to the ref. Unfortunately, their bigs weren’t on the same page. Team has to be all-in our all-out. That’s on their ball hawking guards trying to get a turnover and quick score in meaningless seconds.

I liked our prescriptive response.

"Hounding?" Fiction. UCONN guards were walking around. If you think that was "hounding," you must have loved Iowa's defensive effort last year.

Call it like it is. Iowa added an exclamation point at the end of the game when UCONN wasn't trying.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT