ADVERTISEMENT

Okie St Grades

UndercoverHawk

HR All-American
Dec 16, 2015
125- B+ great first period but Lee gassed pretty bad. Still a good 5 point win. Brands mentioned in post match interview that Lee had problems with the one hour weigh in this week.
133- F that was he worst match I’ve ever seen from an Iowa senior. Taken down by the same exact move 6 times?! Did you learn nothing during the match? At least it was only a major.
141- B- didn’t have much action but kept to a decision, which I thought was easy because Heil is incapable of scoring 8 points in a match. Needs to take more shots.
149- A+ BS looked very active! Great TF! He knew he had lewallen gassed!
157- B+ Kem gassed in the 3rd. We needed a major here and Kem should have had one.
165- A Bull really was the aggressor most of the match. Was in on a lot of shots. Great win.
174- C- have to take a shot if you want to win. Glad he could get an escape because that’s been a problem this year but when you take 1 half shot in 7 min you deserve to lose.
184- A- Bowman got sloppy in the 2nd but he was absolutely the better wrestler in the match. If it wasn’t for the lunger from the ref I think Bowman pins him. I really feel bad for Bowman because he more than likely loses his spot to Downey. I wish he could make 174 but I doubt it.
197- B- obviously wasn’t expecting to do well on bottom and that’s where a lot of he match was spent in 2nd and 3rd. I thought he was close to equal from the feet.
285- A- ugly but I’ll take it.

Officiating was really poor in the second half. Bowman’s match was especially atrocious.

I liked the Bull's match, but a couple times it seemed the knee was bothering him. He seemed to lose his balance, kinda wondering if he doesn't trust it or the brace really affects his balance/ mobility.

Reactions: Dagboi
I thought Turks activity was the same as Bresser. Lots of moving but no real action in the movement. He was trying to break ankles more than wrestle imo

Disagree, he was calculated in his shots and attacks but he had a few good opportunities to score. The throw by attempts were very close. It was nice to see him not just attempt blast doubles from space.

D- for Guns. Not...a...single...offensive...attempt.

Yup, pretty poor effort. You gotta give yourself a chance to win a close match. Do something! Do anything! Look at what Bowman did, he let the fur fly today.

Pretty unimpressed by Cash today too. He got off one really good shot at end of P1 but otherwise was completely controlled.

To the OP... I'm giving Laux a C because he was a huge underdog and only surrendered 4. I'm giving $$$ a D.

Other than those, pretty much agree. Loved Bowman's effort!!!!!!!!!!

Lee - B gassed, didn't get MD (gave it up)
Laux - D fool me once, fool me 6 times
Turk - C not the talent but stayed in there
BS - A
Kem - C minimum should have majored, gassed
Bull - B+ little better at finishing
Gunter - F zippo offense
Bowman - B had a sloppy part for an A
Cash - D waiting too long in 1st and no explosion off the bottom as first move, ridden like a pony
Stoll - C passing but not impressive

I liked the Bull's match, but a couple times it seemed the knee was bothering him. He seemed to lose his balance, kinda wondering if he doesn't trust it or the brace really affects his balance/ mobility.
I think it was more Rogers and little to do with the knee. He's really funky and likes whip overs etc.. I think he was more concerned about his positioning and a bit quick to bail on the holds because of it.

He's wrestling with a torn ligament. Of course he doesn't trust it. Wrestled very well though.

Lee - B gassed, didn't get MD (gave it up)
Laux - D fool me once, fool me 6 times
Turk - C not the talent but stayed in there
BS - A
Kem - C minimum should have majored, gassed
Bull - B+ little better at finishing
Gunter - F zippo offense
Bowman - B had a sloppy part for an A
Cash - D waiting too long in 1st and no explosion off the bottom as first move, ridden like a pony
Stoll - C passing but not impressive

We just beat a good team as an underdog and I think your average grade is a C-. Ok.

He's wrestling with a torn ligament. Of course he doesn't trust it. Wrestled very well though.
We just beat a good team as an underdog and I think your average grade is a C-. Ok.
Comes to a C+. So what. Iowa was the favorite to knowledgeable wrestling folks. Flo has proven itself to be inept predicting Iowa. You didn't believe Iowa was the underdog, did you? I didn't.

Comes to a C+. So what. Iowa was the favorite to knowledgeable wrestling folks. Flo has proven itself to be inept predicting Iowa. You didn't believe Iowa was the underdog, did you? I didn't.

I don't have a clue what anyone on Flo said. Many knowledgeable wrestling people had OKST winning. Iowa won 3 matches where OKST had higher ranked wrestlers and the Cowboys had a team point deducted in an 8 point dual.

Reactions: Dagboi
OW = Sorensen
Anti-OW: Wilcke
Offense? What's That? Award: Gunther
It Was Fun Being in the Lineup While it Lasted Award: Laux

We beat a good team. For the most part we're looking better. Looking forward to Downey but, like Ironside, I wish he were going 97.

OW = Sorensen
Anti-OW: Wilcke
Offense? What's That? Award: Gunther
It Was Fun Being in the Lineup While it Lasted Award: Laux

We beat a good team. For the most part we're looking better. Looking forward to Downey but, like Ironside, I wish he were going 97.

So you and Ironside would put yet another undersized guy into the lineup and you think Bowman > Wilcke?

For just plain grit and fight the Hawks get an A. Almost every time it came time to do a gut check, the Hawks came out ahead. Bowman, Marinelli, Stoll all refused to lose. Even against Heil, Turk refused to give up a major.

Concerns moving forward for the Hawks. They won 2 matches by scoring off the other guys shots. That usually does not work out so well in March. I would not be concerned with Lee gassing. He still has some stuff to learn.

Well, Lee verified his Achilles Heel today. Concrete blocks in his feet or slow reaction time. It's become a pattern now. Easy to scout, don't tie up with him, shoot from outside and stall your ass off on bottom. Only the best wrestlers will be able to take advantage of it, but it's there. Sadly, I only think he'll be a three timer.

Reactions: The catman
Well, Lee verified his Achilles Heel today. Concrete blocks in his feet or slow reaction time. It's become a pattern now. Easy to scout, don't tie up with him, shoot from outside and stall your ass off on bottom. Only the best wrestlers will be able to take advantage of it, but it's there. Sadly, I only think he'll be a three timer.
He is right out of High School with a major injury to his knee, He just beat a returning All American 10-5 (a dominating win). We shall see how he fares against Tomasello this week. Go Hawks!!!

Most people would kill for only being a 3 timer :)

Yes its very likely that Iowa could have a C+ overall and beat an evenly matched team. This is Iowa. Not Iowa St.
It seems when doing these grades some people forget that C means average and D means below average. For example If you take a second to think about who was really on the mat at 157 Kem is expected to bonus an opponent like that. Therefore He should be given a D for a below average performance. ps Not necessarily worried but this whole fading late thing is starting to become a trend with him.

125- B+ great first period but Lee gassed pretty bad. Still a good 5 point win. Brands mentioned in post match interview that Lee had problems with the one hour weigh in this week.
133- F that was he worst match I’ve ever seen from an Iowa senior. Taken down by the same exact move 6 times?! Did you learn nothing during the match? At least it was only a major.
141- B- didn’t have much action but kept to a decision, which I thought was easy because Heil is incapable of scoring 8 points in a match. Needs to take more shots.
149- A+ BS looked very active! Great TF! He knew he had lewallen gassed!
157- B+ Kem gassed in the 3rd. We needed a major here and Kem should have had one.
165- A Bull really was the aggressor most of the match. Was in on a lot of shots. Great win.
174- C- have to take a shot if you want to win. Glad he could get an escape because that’s been a problem this year but when you take 1 half shot in 7 min you deserve to lose.
184- A- Bowman got sloppy in the 2nd but he was absolutely the better wrestler in the match. If it wasn’t for the lunger from the ref I think Bowman pins him. I really feel bad for Bowman because he more than likely loses his spot to Downey. I wish he could make 174 but I doubt it.
197- B- obviously wasn’t expecting to do well on bottom and that’s where a lot of he match was spent in 2nd and 3rd. I thought he was close to equal from the feet.
285- A- ugly but I’ll take it.

Officiating was really poor in the second half. Bowman’s match was especially atrocious.

197: it was 2 takedowns to zero. Not sure how that equated to close from feet.

Reactions: Gobblin

Why?

Wilcke just lost to the #3 while Bowman beat #19. Not comparable. Two weeks ago Wilcke was on top of the Midlands podium and Bowman wasn't.

Wilcke has far greater potential to AA this year than Bowman.

Does he have a torn ligament or a torn meniscus I thought it was a meniscus tear. I think Bull is wrestling very well and I don’t think he is settled in yet to the big lights once he does and opens up look out..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT