ADVERTISEMENT

Okie St Grades

OW = Sorensen
Anti-OW: Wilcke
Offense? What's That? Award: Gunther
It Was Fun Being in the Lineup While it Lasted Award: Laux

We beat a good team. For the most part we're looking better. Looking forward to Downey but, like Ironside, I wish he were going 97.
Only time will tell.

I'm also not sold on Wilcke as an AA but he's at least we'll thought of. I'm also not sold on Downey as a top 2 at either weight though.
Get out your best silverware for this Sunday evening...especially your spoons. Downey winning regardless, 84 or 97.

Reactions: Dagboi
So comparing what an All American did two years ago makes more sense than more recent freestyle results?

Do'kay

Good thing we didn't compare Dan Dennis, Sam Stoll freshman year to his junior year.

You can have your Brett Pfarr 2 year old results (you convienently left off that he still finished top 8 and took Burak to SV), I'll take recent freestyle wins over Dean, Renda and Crutchmer to predict future success.

As far as I know, you still take people down in freestyle and Downey did that regularly against Renda (4 TDs to 1). Is Renda going to suddenly figure out how to take Downey down because it's folkstyle?
p.s. don't forget they sucked Downey down to 184 in a week, only to wrestle him up against the #3 197 lber in the country...BRILLIANT.

As far as I know, you still take people down in freestyle and Downey did that regularly against Renda (4 TDs to 1). Is Renda going to suddenly figure out how to take Downey down because it's folkstyle?

I have no if Renda is going to figure out how to take Downey down because it is folkstyle. I do know Renda is probably going to have an opportunity to ride Downey because it is folkstyle, and that wear and tear adds a different dynamic to their matchup.

I have no if Renda is going to figure out how to take Downey down because it is folkstyle. I do know Renda is probably going to have an opportunity to ride Downey because it is folkstyle, and that wear and tear adds a different dynamic to their matchup.
Ask Burak and Telford how that's working out for them.

Sorry, I'm old. What does "Derp" mean?

Google is your friend........

Derp: used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Reactions: anon_hc7hkvtk15hp5
I am high on Stoll as well. However, I can't quite wrap my head around how watching Coon beat Nevills 8-0 and then Seeing Stoll beat White in SV2 could convince you he could beat Coon.

I am not saying Stoll has no chance, but if Coon wrestles like he did Friday and Stoll like he did today, I do not like Stoll's chances.
consider the team score, had he been able to take more risks, maybe he would have dominated more.

125: A - I mean he only beat the 6th ranked guy in the country by 5 so I was thinking about giving him a C. Didn't like the last two periods but the end result is easily handling the #6 man...and next week it will be him beating the #1 man.
133: F - I thought Glynn was going to be our guy. Was this an effort at not taking a pin (e.g., keeping it close)? Our senior did not look good....and his learning curve during the match was atrocious.
141: A - Turk did was he was sent out to do -- keep it close and don't do anything that would lose the dual. Smart wrestling and sound move by Brands.
149: A+ Loved watching this one...hope BS goes like this the rest of the year! Love watching that kid when he goes after people!! :)
157: C - Kem was very unKem like. Hope this version of him stays in the locker room next time. The Okie kid played it really smart.
165: A - His confidence keeps building. Can't wait to see him in two weeks (I might be coming back to CHA again - what an amazing venue), but I hope Alex doesn't take Te'Shan Campbell for granted next week...if he does, he'll lose.
174: B - I think he, I like Turk, was given instructions to keep it close and ensure he didn't lose the dual.
184: A - He beat the Okie to the punch...and really gassed him. Good to see Bowman finally win one against a ranked guy.
197: C - This is the Cash I initially thought we would see this year (just didn't seem that aggressive), and the reason I initially wanted the shirt pulled from Warner. That said, Cash has been doing incredibly well this year, despite several close matches, so I'm hoping he gets back to business next week against Kollin Moore, a match that I think he can keep within a point or two, and perhaps pull off the upset.
285: B - But in Stoll's defense, White brought his A game..

So, Nashville, how was your first CHA experience? Elaborate a little more than, "what an amazing venue." How was I.C. in general? Did you try any of the cuisine recommended by all the HR posters? OK, I'm done with questions. Spill the beans...

I thought Lee spun around Picc like a cat early in the match. I don't think he has slow feet. He just got tired for some reason late in the match. I was actually impressed with how quickly he got to Picc's legs when he was fresh.[/QUOTE

Off his Russian and scrambles, I guess I was referring to his defense on shots. I know he's lighting quick, but those outside shots puzzle me. He should be used to them wrestling with "Treasdale" after all those years.

Sure........everyone else always starts it.

Your caustic, profanity laced verbal assaults on several different posters over the past several weeks with seemingly no provocation are not really "friendly insults".

Not everyone who responds to one of your posts is attacking you. But your responses seem to indicate that you believe they are.

Suprised no one has "reported" you yet for the way you have been polluting the board and attacking people lately. If you were a PSU fan you would have been banned long ago. Guess the Mods are still on Christmas break.

The most honest and courageous thing would be for you to "self-report". But I guess that is too much to ask.

At least take a self imposed timeout, take a breath and make a New Years resolution to try and add something positive to the discussions here rather than taking your anger out on people so often.[/QUOTE

You are wrong, if I don't follow the Iowa line and have any type of criticisms or observations that don't go with the flow, I'll be attacked. I guess I'll just say everyone is the best and the Brands are infallible from now on like a fanboy.

When you get more likes per post than me, get back to me, little buddy.

Last edited:
125: A - I mean he only beat the 6th ranked guy in the country by 5 so I was thinking about giving him a C. Didn't like the last two periods but the end result is easily handling the #6 man...and next week it will be him beating the #1 man.
133: F - I thought Glynn was going to be our guy. Was this an effort at not taking a pin (e.g., keeping it close)? Our senior did not look good....and his learning curve during the match was atrocious.
141: A - Turk did was he was sent out to do -- keep it close and don't do anything that would lose the dual. Smart wrestling and sound move by Brands.
149: A+ Loved watching this one...hope BS goes like this the rest of the year! Love watching that kid when he goes after people!! :)
157: C - Kem was very unKem like. Hope this version of him stays in the locker room next time. The Okie kid played it really smart.
165: A - His confidence keeps building. Can't wait to see him in two weeks (I might be coming back to CHA again - what an amazing venue), but I hope Alex doesn't take Te'Shan Campbell for granted next week...if he does, he'll lose.
174: B - I think he, I like Turk, was given instructions to keep it close and ensure he didn't lose the dual.
184: A - He beat the Okie to the punch...and really gassed him. Good to see Bowman finally win one against a ranked guy.
197: C - This is the Cash I initially thought we would see this year (just didn't seem that aggressive), and the reason I initially wanted the shirt pulled from Warner. That said, Cash has been doing incredibly well this year, despite several close matches, so I'm hoping he gets back to business next week against Kollin Moore, a match that I think he can keep within a point or two, and perhaps pull off the upset.
285: B - But in Stoll's defense, White brought his A game..
Turk and Gunther wrestled pretty much like they always do, so nothing to see there really.

I think Brands didn't want to see Happel take a chance of getting stuck again, in a tight dual situation (of course you'd have to almost put yourself on your back in order for Heil to pin you, but I suppose it could be done or has happened................).

Couldn't comprehend that sentence? It's simple, I'm more relevant than you. So my contributions to the board gather more likes than your silly post with goofy emojis.

I'll put you on ignore now and report myself for personal attacks.

Turk and Gunther wrestled pretty much like they always do, so nothing to see there really.

I think Brands didn't want to see Happel take a chance of getting stuck again, in a tight dual situation (of course you'd have to almost put yourself on your back in order for Heil to pin you, but I suppose it could be done or has happened................).

I wholeheartedly concur. I think it was the right move...put a somewhat aggressive Turk out there who you know won't take a lot of chances and will keep it close vice sending out a very aggressive Happel out there, who in an effort to show his continuous improvement could cost the dual. I'm with you...smart move by Brands.

Reactions: 24 so far
So, Nashville, how was your first CHA experience? Elaborate a little more than, "what an amazing venue." How was I.C. in general? Did you try any of the cuisine recommended by all the HR posters? OK, I'm done with questions. Spill the beans...

I absolutely loved CHA! If you've ever seen the movie, Rudy, to me walking into CHA was like Rudy's father going to see Rudy play at Notre Dame...though I didn't dare tell my wife, "this was the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen." LOL! We spent some time cruising around IC and really thought it was a beautiful small city. We did go to the Vine and the other highly recommended hangout(can't recall the name), but I couldn't get my wife to stop for a meal. In fact, in all honesty, after we did some sightseeing around IC Saturday afternoon and early evening, I couldn't get my wife to leave the hotel until we left IC Monday morning. She's a southern girl and was not a fan of that warm sunny weather we had last weekend. I had the best seat in the house (Section N, Row 3), thanks to Cody, and had the best fans all around me. And I tried to get one of the ice cream cones you all talk about, but the line was forever and I wasn't going to miss a match. :) I'm going to do my best to make it back again this year (perhaps without the wife), so I can enjoy more of the local flavors instead of hanging with my wife in the hotel. Big thanks to whoever recommended the Marriott hotel in Coralville (nice hotel and awesome location). And I am definitely going to make it to one or two duals each year, and if/when the B10s come back to IC, I'll definitely do my best to get tickets for that. In the end, TNT, I didn't do a whole lot outside of taking in the dual, but to me that was more than enough for my first visit; I absolutely loved it!! I couldn't believe the crowd, the energy, and the entire environment at CHA...just so impressive!! All of that being said, I was hoping to see some of the history of Iowa wrestling at CHA but unfortunately didn't see any. Is there somewhere in IC where one can go to check out all the championship teams and the wrestling greats of yesteryear? I really wanted to take in the history and forgot to ask you all where I could go for that sort of thing. Thanks for asking about our trip...and thanks to so many on this board who offered information...made our trip that much better!! Oh, and we did hit some of the souvenir locations a few folks recommended...great finding so many options for University of Iowa stuff! :)

can't imagine 1rst time and it's iowa/ ok. st. and iowa puts a whipping on them. that's got to be one you will always have right there. happy for you.

Last year, he was not good enough to qualify for the NCAAs. So you don't think he's good enough to qualify for the NCAAs? Because if he's "exactly the same wrestler" that should hold true.

A year ago at this time Wilcke was 11-5. This year, he's 13-1. So he lost to a returning AA and the #3 ranked guy in the country. Why is that such a terrible thing?
I think it's a fair debate. I said he was vastly improved based on the fact that he's ranked top 8 now vs. not being predicted to qualify for NCAAs at this time last year.

On the other hand, it's a weaker weight class, and I think he's a bit overrated, and he looked like crap against the only top 8 guy he's faced this year (excluding Warner, which I give him due credit for).

Reactions: depelland
I know Lee and Brands mentioned "nutrition" being a problem, but I also heard Lee mention that he had to get used to that type of environment.

My guess is that it was a classic freshman adrenaline dump ... first real big college meet in front of a huge crowd against a top [reverse?] cowgirl opponent. I'd guess that his conditioning is good and nerves just got to him more than anticipated.
I think that the first "big" match at Carver has a lot to do with it; the same thing happened to Sorensen his freshmen year as well as Kemerer last year.

Reactions: WatWest00
When you get more likes per post than me, get back to me, little buddy.

Well................time sure flies..........

I think your math is bass-ackwards.........
1494783604782485_animate.gif

Not that it really matters. Kind of silly to value your contribution to the board this way.

Kwoodhawk

SansSouci

Personally I'm gonna shoot for 66%

Keep up your positive posting and you'll beat me to it.
clap.gif

Well................time sure flies..........

I think your math is bass-ackwards.........
1494783604782485_animate.gif

Not that it really matters. Kind of silly to value your contribution to the board this way.

Kwoodhawk

SansSouci

Personally I'm gonna shoot for 66%

Keep up your positive posting and you'll beat me to it.
clap.gif

Line my stats against both of yours.

Now there’s something that could cause some red faces.... :D

Appears you've robbed a "like bank" recently.

Must be a good reward for turning you in..........Whoo Hoo....I'm gonna be rich..........
Banane21.gif
Not to drive the stake in even deeper but I’m actually trying to drive mine DOWN somewhat. Would like to hover around 83% so that’ll explain my recent trolling. Lol

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Not to drive the stake in even deeper but I’m actually trying to drive mine DOWN somewhat. Would like to hover around 83% so that’ll explain my recent trolling. Lol

For the sake of accuracy, how many of those likes came from BWI posts? Also, how many of those likes came from regular BWI posters? That alone should drive your "proper" numbers down.

Edited to add: I now realize that they do not transfer, so please ignore the 1st question.

Also, I am on fire on BWI. 3 posts with 3 likes. 100% That has to blow Mark Hall's mind!

Reactions: TNTwrestle
I think “likes” were invented on these boards a few years after the development of the sport of wrestling (obviously by PSU) - therefore, only a few years ago. Long term posters will have a lower percent of likes than newer posters of equal likability as their early posts (when wrestling was just an undeveloped crude sport - pre PSU Carl if you will) went likeless. Just a little history. :)

Last edited:
I think “likes” were invented on these boards a few years after the development of the sport of wrestling (obviously by PSU) - therefore, only a few years ago. Long term posters will have a lower percent of likes than newer posters of equal likability as their early posts (when wrestling was just an undeveloped crude sport - pre PSU Carl if you will) went likeness. Just a little history. :)

The ORIGINAL WDMHawkeye had more likes than any Man should have in a given lifetime..........

After he got banned on the football board for going where he shouldn't have..........

Well........... his slate got wiped clean.

Now he is just the mere mortal WWDMHawkeye.....

More History.
128fs318181.gif

I think “likes” were invented on these boards a few years after the development of the sport of wrestling (obviously by PSU) - therefore, only a few years ago. Long term posters will have a lower percent of likes than newer posters of equal likability as their early posts (when wrestling was just an undeveloped crude sport - pre PSU Carl if you will) went likeness. Just a little history. :)

This is true. I had several hundred posts (even though I didn't post much until recently) before the likes started, so it's been an uphill battle to try to get to a 1:1 ratio, but I'm getting close. I just wish you guys would like me more;):(:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT