ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State's new Baseball facility....WOW!!

A facility like that would demand more space than the current footprint provides I would think.

Would Duane Banks Field on Melrose help or hurt attendance? Now that I think about it, there really isn't that much room left out there these days, what with the Athletic Hall of Fame, the tennis facility, the soccer field, and the field hockey field. I wonder what UI has planned for land on which the student-with-family housing sits that closed last year.

We are so far behind the national scene in terms of baseball facilities...Rick and his staff have done an amazing job considering the support or lack of that baseball gets at Iowa. Take a look at Dallas Babs new facility, Florida,s new facility is going to be ridiculous....I think before Rick leaves Iowa, he will find a way to have a top tier facility, he is a crafty fundraiser.

We are so far behind the national scene in terms of baseball facilities...Rick and his staff have done an amazing job considering the support or lack of that baseball gets at Iowa. Take a look at Dallas Babs new facility, Florida,s new facility is going to be ridiculous....I think before Rick leaves Iowa, he will find a way to have a top tier facility, he is a crafty fundraiser.
The stadium itself leaves a lot to be desired but the other facilities are pretty good. They get to practice in the new indoor football facility, which is top notch. They also converted the old football weight room into an indoor hitting facility. I read an article on here a couple weeks ago that said the hitting facility compares very well to others. Switching to all field turf has saved Iowa several early season games.

Iowa is behind, but gaining.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT