ADVERTISEMENT

New Story OL Alaric Jackson has great visit to Iowa

Apr 8, 2003
rvls.co/Alaric

---

Detroit offensive lineman Alaric Jackson, who has been one of Iowa’s top targets since last spring, finally had a chance to make his first visit with the Hawkeyes this weekend. For the 6-foot-7, 285-pound Jackson, it was a trip worth waiting for as he left town impressed with what the Iowa football program has to offer.

“It went great at Iowa,” said Jackson. “The people there were very friendly and treated me great.”

Jackson was on campus the same weekend as Iowa commits Cedrick Lattimore, Chauncey Golston, and Cedric Boswell, who are all from the state of Michigan. The group spent a lot of time with Hawkeye star Desmond King, another Detroit native, as well as other players including Greg Mabin, who hosted Jackson.

“The highlight of my visit other than the food was just being around the current players,” Jackson said. “We talked a lot and kicked it and had some fun.”

This past week, Jackson had Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz stop by for an in-home visit. The two continued their conversation this weekend as the three-star prospect had a chance to get to know the Hawkeye coaching staff a little better.

“I met with Coach Kirk Ferentz, Coach Brian Ferentz, and Coach Chris Doyle,” said Jackson. “We talked about their interest in me and what would happen if I came there. They were just very honest with me and were very informational. It was good.”

After the trip to Iowa, Jackson is headed straight to Iowa State today for a two-day visit with the Cyclones. He also has an official visit scheduled to Nebraska on January 29 and will likely decide close to signing day on February 3.

Find out more details on Iowa's chances of landing Jackson in the Hawkeye Lounge.

See highlights from Jackson’s senior year at Detroit Renaissance in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.