New Story ***OL Cannon Leonard (6-9, 265 lbs) commits to Iowa***

Birky

HR Heisman
Nov 23, 2001
I have zero clue but 6-9 almost seems too tall.

I have a relative that was massive as well and growing up everyone had him pegged to play D1 and maybe even the NFL.

The dude literally got too tall/big. Just couldn't move well.
How did your relative do at Iowa’s camp?

• Haha
Reactions: KKKtheiowaWay

fezzador

HR All-American
Sep 12, 2006
I have zero clue but 6-9 almost seems too tall.

I have a relative that was massive as well and growing up everyone had him pegged to play D1 and maybe even the NFL.

The dude literally got too tall/big. Just couldn't move well.
Yup. 6’5-6’6 is probably the “perfect” height for an OL (though centers are often several inches shorter). You have to be a freakish athlete to perform at an elite level if you’re much taller than that - guys like Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden in particular.

iowaflash

HR All-State
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2006
So in order to maintain optimal quickness against edge rushers, would Cannon’s weight be best at 325 (when eventually he’s ready to play)?

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Great size to begin with. Will have to learn to play low if he’s going to be a star.

nu2u

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2006
With an expected tremendous OL class in which he is 1 of 5(?), and in light of Iowa's recruiting mojo at OL for future classes, any chance Leonard moves to DL? ..... 7 foot wing span has the potenetial to disrupt passing lanes.

HawkOn15

HR MVP
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2015
With an expected tremendous OL class in which he is 1 of 5(?), and in light of Iowa's recruiting mojo at OL for future classes, any chance Leonard moves to DL? ..... 7 foot wing span has the potenetial to disrupt passing lanes.
No

HawkeyeInCentralIowa

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
Cannon is a multi year project. If he pans out, he could take over at the other tackle spot once KP jumps to the NFL.

BigOHawk

HR All-American
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Is Cannon, Harding (BB) and Freeman (BB) all from same area? I know Harding and Freeman are teammate and/or on same AAU team. Was thinking there was a 4th kid from same area going to Iowa on track schollie...wow, lots of Hawks coming from IL!

cmhawks99

HR Heisman
Jul 23, 2002
Is Cannon, Harding (BB) and Freeman (BB) all from same area? I know Harding and Freeman are teammate and/or on same AAU team. Was thinking there was a 4th kid from same area going to Iowa on track schollie...wow, lots of Hawks coming from IL!

Freeman and Cannon yes… Harding is from Moline. Freeman played @ Bradley Bourbonnais which is 7A in football so they’re a big school & Cannon played @ Iroquois West which is probably 3A possibly 4 in football and my kids played against Iroquois West a couple times in B-Ball!

Reactions: BigOHawk

Latest posts