ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***OL Cannon Leonard (6-9, 265 lbs) commits to Iowa***

6'9??

1254172884282.jpg

Or a Jack Plumb. You never know. But at least his measurables are a good starting kit.

Listen he’s plenty athletic enough and he was a freshman. I think it’s a great offer (surprised me some, but I’ve never seen him play football) but you could tell he was a freshman because he wasn’t very physical or confident and my son just threw him around but my son was a man even at 18!

Plus a damn fine small school basketball player… He was homeschooled and his mother wouldn’t let him play football

I doubt any of us are going to do the work for this kid that it's going to take for him to be a factor here. He's a "starter kit" not a piece that will fit in the puzzle yet. While I like these kind of reaches, this has "project" written all over it. IF the kid will do the work then I trust our coaches to get him there.

Nice pick up! We need more diamonds in the rough on offense. Seems like the Defense picks up guys like this all the time.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I doubt any of us are going to do the work for this kid that it's going to take for him to be a factor here. He's a "starter kit" not a piece that will fit in the puzzle yet. While I like these kind of reaches, this has "project" written all over it. IF the kid will do the work then I trust our coaches to get him there.
You can't teach speed, and you can't teach 6-9, or whatever he'll end up being. So yah, sounds like a good idea to bet on this kid being pretty good, at least by the time he's a junior.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I have zero clue but 6-9 almost seems too tall.

I have a relative that was massive as well and growing up everyone had him pegged to play D1 and maybe even the NFL.

The dude literally got too tall/big. Just couldn't move well.

Reactions: Bullethawk31
Villanueva/Trent Brown type size, so I’m not worried about him being too big. Judging by the BB pick, that’s a hell of a frame for adding good weight easily. The basketball background should put to rest any concerns of movement and agility.

It’s going to come down to technique and attitude. I love this starter kit though!

You can't teach speed, and you can't teach 6-9, or whatever he'll end up being. So yah, sounds like a good idea to bet on this kid being pretty good, at least by the time he's a junior.
Heheh yeah 6-9 is more of an experience than something that can be taught ;)

ADVERTISEMENT