ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin to Nebraska

Lets help him head out west....
al-bundy-kelly-boyfriend-slam-into-door-animated-gif.gif
Thanks. that's the funniest one I have seen in a long, long time.

I wish the kid the best, but this is one of those deals where a person is famous for being famous. Hasn't done anything but holding out for maybe it will happen because there was such hype out of the gate.

Kinda awesome a WR who knew he wasn't going to beat out the competition at Iowa thinks he can at Nebraska.

Reactions: BBHawk
Bad timing all around for OM.
Should have been a Hawk from the start and things may have turned out a lot different.
Always hoped he would find success somewhere, but choosing Fusker has really dropped my respect level for him.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
What disappoints me is that he chose a school where he has to walk on, i.e. pay for his tuition. 20 years from now, when he is still paying off that student loan, he is going to regret that decision.

Personally I think OM is a very good player that just has not had the right opportunity. Hope he finds it.

When I saw Oliver loading up at a marijuanadispensary in San Diego the night before the Holiday Bowl I knew his days as a Hawk would be numbered.

I wish the kid well, but this move doesn't make much sense. This will be his third Big Ten team - if he couldn't cut it at Michigan, and couldn't cut it at Iowa, then what makes him think that he'd succeed in Lincoln? The Nebraska brand isn't what it once was, but it still recruits P5 talent just like Iowa and Michigan do. He's either going to have to bust his butt harder than he's ever done before, or rethink his goals.

Maybe it's just me, but when a kid washes out of not one, but two Power Five schools, that sets off an alarm somewhere. I think Oliver can be a stud at a Northern Illinois or a South Dakota State, but he's still little more than a boy and doesn't see it that way. He still believes he has something to prove.

So Martin has no other options than to "walk on" now? No scholarships options anywhere? Seems strange.

One thing I'm sure of, Frosty the clueless would not even bother with him if he was from any other school other than Iowa right now...since he can't beat Iowa on the field, he's trying to score some sort of points in the social media world by luring Iowa castoff players that on paper match the only criteria that seems to register....Look they were (once) high school 4-stars!!.. (the emphasis is that was high school)

Martin probably won't play a down there...at most he get his brain picked by Frost to try reveal some secret to why they lose to Iowa...and that will yield nothing

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
How surprising. Nebraska athletic, a landing spot for malcontents, criminals and dullards.

Who'd ever think you'd see a pirate ship sailing along a sea of corn?

Hope a Hawk safety decapitates Oliver Martin. That'll be last thought of "Oliver" until the decapitation actually happens.

As someone else mentioned... it's likely Frost thinks he can get some insight into the Iowa offense.

But since Nebraska's defense invented the term "social distancing" and "stay 6 ft apart" , I doubt they'll be getting their hands on the Iowa offensive players.

Reactions: kceasthawk
As someone else mentioned... it's likely Frost thinks he can get some insight into the Iowa offense.

But since Nebraska's defense invented the term "social distancing" and "stay 6 ft apart" , I doubt they'll be getting their hands on the Iowa offensive players.

If Martin couldn't grasp IOWA's offense, how can he teach it to Frost?

ADVERTISEMENT