ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin Updates: Dec 27: Will not play (Shoulder injury). Is 5th on Depth Chart.

I hope you are right and that Oliver has a good season. Except for the Iowa game of course :)
Wish he would have been a little more patient at Iowa - had he kept his head up and maintained a good attitude, Martin could have been a top target for our eventual starting quarterback Alex Padilla this year.

That being said..anybody that leaves Iowa for Nebraska is dead to me.

Looks like he has added some muscle while in Lincoln
608da6c88b456.image.jpg

Wish he would have been a little more patient at Iowa - had he kept his head up and maintained a good attitude, Martin could have been a top target for our eventual starting quarterback Alex Padilla this year.

That being said..anybody that leaves Iowa for Nebraska is dead to me.
The fact that he "walked on" at Nebraska....a program that is in the pits begs the question...WHY?......only thing I could rationalize is that he was charmed by coach zero-stars...and likes the idea of being a big fish in a small pond. His track record shows that once again the recruiting raters make many a mistake....don't really know much about guys other than hearsay when assigning stars.

Of course the Nebraska Spring media hype has about 8 Husker receivers that are already all-stars...even though most never play a down yet. So take anything about Oliver with a grain a salt.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Where are you reading this? Their media was just bragging him up the other day…
Read it on Huskermax. Was brought up by a respected poster who is usually in the know. The thread has been removed now. There were some hard feelings about its removal between the guy in the know and the moderator.

Rumor out of Lincoln is that Ollie is not happy and may be thinking of transferring again. Not joking. Supposedly he's not the only receiver thinking of leaving.
The Huskers have lost several highly regarded WRs to the portal in the last few months, including their top returning WR (Wandale Robinson). Nebraska also lost its top WR (JD Spielman) before the start of last season. Something isn't right with that group.

if he does that says all you need to know about Nebraska
OM is a without a doubt a talented athlete and a legitimate P5 WR. I don't know why Michigan and Iowa didn't work out for him but if he is mentally committed OM can be productive in the right offense IMO. Unfortunately for him, Nebraska's passing attack has been trending downward under Frost.

OM is a without a doubt a talented athlete and a legitimate P5 WR. I don't know why Michigan and Iowa didn't work out for him but if he is mentally committed OM can be productive in the right offense IMO. Unfortunately for him, Nebraska's passing attack has been trending downward under Frost.
Athletic, yes in ways he’s very athletic. Getting off the line and creating separation isn’t one of them. Hope he runs clean routes or I see more of the same nothing burger from him.

don’t mean that in a demeaning way and wish him well I just don’t see it

I don’t feel bad for him if rumors are true. I’d also like to see what he’s capable of when given the opportunity. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Reactions: WSC72
I don’t feel bad for him if rumors are true. I’d also like to see what he’s capable of when given the opportunity. I guess we’ll see what happens.
I don't think he will leave Nebraska. Statements he made this Spring seems to indicate that he was in his best shape and eager to play.

It isn't terribly complicated. Iowa had ISM, Smith, Tracy and Ragaini when he was here. Those guys were better. Had he stayed at Iowa, he'd likely be in line for more PT now. But he didn't.
If he'd just come to Iowa right off the bat, he would have been a starter and it would have been difficult to get him off the field when Nico and the boys showed up.
But he had that detour to Michigan and then it was too late.

I try not to live life with regrets, but my biggest regret is having ever posted in this thread because I am getting a notification each time it continues.

@Franisdaman , please delete this. Thank you very little :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT