ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin

Really think he’d be released and able to go to Iowa? I wouldn’t think so.

Really think he’d be released and able to go to Iowa? I wouldn’t think so.
Jake_Rudock_in_2015.jpg

So how would that work does Michigan have to release him from scholarship.Does that make him eligible again.

I don't think he can get a scholarship, but can walk on. Ruddock was a grad transfer, so I think that is handled differently. Plus, I think he would have to sit out a year. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: Selby73
I believe Michigan played 3 True Fr. At WR this year and bringing in at least 2 big time recruits at WR so it wouldn't surprise me but young men do lots of talking at that age so I'm sure coaches aren't staying awake at night worrying about it

Reactions: Hammer93 and buchs
I believe Michigan played 3 True Fr. At WR this year and bringing in at least 2 big time recruits at WR so it wouldn't surprise me but young men do lots of talking at that age so I'm sure coaches aren't staying awake at night worrying about it
You must be thinking of some other school. Rivals lists one WR in Michigan's 2018 class, a 2-star prospect out of KC

Assuming all sports are equal Uthoff had to sit a year off scholly but then was able to play on scholly.

Rudock could of went anywhere based on grad transfer rules. Iowa couldn’t stop him from going anywhere. Michigan can stop Martin from at least getting a scholarship right away.

He would be a great addition to our roster if true. Easley has 1 more year, then Martin could slide right in for major PT right away when eligible in 2019.

Reactions: Nile High
Great, now I'm going to have to check HR hourly for updates...

All I want for Christmas is a fix for a recruiting loss from last year.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
There's that humble ego shining thru again.
Right, because that guy said it, thats makes it a fact right? If any of this actually happens,(which is a BIG IF), then we'll see what happens. At first blush why would KF not be hesitant to take the kid? We courted him for a year and a half, and for whatever reason he didn't want to play at Iowa. At this point, we have ZERO evidence that he'll be a better college receiver then ISM, Smith, Cooper, Tracy, Marchese, or whoever. If he ends up at Iowa, and commits to contributing as a Hawk, great. If not , no big deal either.

Any chance he would look at ISU so transferring would create no issues?

ADVERTISEMENT