ADVERTISEMENT

OM~~~Hindsight 20/20

Oliver Martin had more penalties than catches.. Lined up in the wrong spot against Minnesota.. Did he play after that?
And we don't know what mistakes are being made in practice, too.

Some posters thought he looked lackadaisical in pregame warm ups, half ass'ing it and dropping passes. I have never met a coach who likes a "half assing it" approach. Yes, these are just some moment in time observations/opinions from posters but they are interesting.

And, again, 2 things stood out to me when Brandon Smith went down with injury:

* We did not see Oliver. Instead, we stuck with our top 3 WRs instead.

* And who else did we see on the field, going out for passes and making plays? True freshman Tyler Goodson. A true freshman! That was very telling, imo.

Reactions: TtotheL
How pathetic do you have to be to start a new thread on this just hours after posting in a thread about the same subject?

Honestly feel for some of the posters on here, because I don't think they're all there or they get something really weird out of this.
He is pathetic.

He started a second Hayden Fry thread last night when there already was one.

Reactions: grhawk
@kcgolfer @TouchdownMyPants ,

Please read this thread to get to know Harb better.

As you will see, there was already an Oliver Martin thread that he was participating in. Then he suddenly created this thread.

But I am glad he did. You will enjoy the orig post & his posts that follow.

As you can see, one poster calls him a fool.

Another calls him a troll, which I already knew.

I am just glad people are starting to wake up when it comes to this guy.

His first post was golden but when people asked what he based his opinion on of Oliver seeing the field more, he replied, as you will see, with this: His Athletic ability, body or work including High School, his high level of intelligence and pedigree.

Last edited:
Reactions: grhawk
@Harbinger273 @Franisdaman

I get it. We probably all spend too much time on this board and following Hawkeye sports. I always respect your ability to curate info for me, Franisdaman, and Harbs ability to update us on recruiting.

Its the time of the year when we need to set our animosities to the side. I hope we can get along.

@Harbinger273 @Franisdaman

I get it. We probably all spend too much time on this board and following Hawkeye sports. I always respect your ability to curate info for me, Franisdaman, and Harbs ability to update us on recruiting.

Its the time of the year when we need to set our animosities to the side. I hope we can get along.
You are right. I'm taking the high road and squashing the beef. Even though my side of the beef is very marginal. Love the Hawks, Hayden Fry and want whats best for our players.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
@TomKakert , first off, Merry Christmas.

Secondly, I think there is something very wrong with this guy. His posts are getting more & more strange.
No Fran something is wrong with you. You know this and are in complete denial. You think you are slick with this Merry Christmas stuff to try to get what you want from Tom? You have no pull here. You are not a moderator and you do not have exclusive rights to any 'reporting' you do on here. You must be living on a government check with how childishly myopic you are.

No Fran something is wrong with you. You know this and are in complete denial. You think you are slick with this Merry Christmas stuff to try to get what you want from Tom? You have no pull here. You are not a moderator and you do not have exclusive rights to any 'reporting' you do on here. You must be living on a government check with how childishly myopic you are.
I am glad you have allowed the board to get to know you better.

You have provided us all a great Xmas gift.

cc: @TomKakert

Harb I frequently like your posts but you are barking up the wrong tree. Oliver will play when he shows he's as good or better than the other guys and not before.

Or when guys ahead of him get injured and he has a chance to prove he belongs out there and that the coaches have been screwing up the whole time. Like when we learned Wadley was the best offensive weapon on the team in 2016. After others went down due to injuries and not due to position coach competence. The coaches are human and biased and they do make mistakes now and again regarding playing time. To think they make perfect decisions at every position every time is laughably naive.

Reactions: Wadzinator
I hearken back to pregame drills in Lincoln when Martin was just going through the motions and maybe expending 70% of the energy of all of the other wide receivers----sad and disappointing to see. Have no idea if it was injury related or attitude but he stood out like a sore thumb. Here's hoping the young man becomes a major contributor to the Hawks during the next 2 years.

Reactions: Wadzinator
Try to contribute something valuable to the thread bud. I know its a struggle for you.

OM is a talent to behold and could have performed very well this year if given the chance all year. Time to change the operation a little bit and put a guy like him on the field.
if he was a talent to behold he would be on the field .

Or when guys ahead of him get injured and he has a chance to prove he belongs out there and that the coaches have been screwing up the whole time. Like when we learned Wadley was the best offensive weapon on the team in 2016. After others went down due to injuries and not due to position coach competence. The coaches are human and biased and they do make mistakes now and again regarding playing time. To think they make perfect decisions at every position every time is laughably naive.
LOL

Jesus Flick!There you go being a condescending Dick again!I know his post is a little out there but Christ cut him some slack!
you calling flick a dick is a hell of a lot worse than him calling someone a fool and flick is right .

The hell are you talking about? He had over 1000 yards and 10 TDs in 2016 along with Daniels.

twindman said:

I thought maybe he would beat out Tracy. Seems like Tracy had quite a few drops this year - yes/no??
I thought OM ran precise routes, etc and played the same position as Tracy. Guess we will see next year.Click to expand...[/quote]

Dude made big plays this year, especially after Smith went down. I’ll take a few drops if it means better chances at 50 yard TDs. Plus Tracy was 2nd on the team for receptions and yards.

Hey Fran, feel like your threads didn't get enough attention yesterday so you started 5 today? My goodness, at least bring something worthwhile to the board.
I ignored that guy last week! The board is WAY better now! Seriously that person needs to get a life and maybe seek professional help.

But seriously, OM will have at least 1 touchdown because thats how things tend to work for us.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT