ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha people - Did your sh*t get rocked last night?

millah_22

HB Legend
Jun 15, 2004
Omaha
Lost my sunflowers, neighbors back fence fell into my garden. 1 big branch from my silver maple fell last night, but didn't hit anything.

Neighbor to my right had a lot of big ass branches fall into the street and I helped them move them out of the street this morning. Neighbor to my left had a utility pole split vertically and is now leaning pretty hard behind their fence.

Still had no power when I left for work this morning. All-in-all not as bad as it could have been, others got it way worse. Apparently Eppley picked up 90mph gusts.

How big was that storm system last night? Up here in Sioux City my son had a game at 8. After some visible lightning in the distance they called it off after 1 inning then of course not one drop of rain landed here.

How big was that storm system last night? Up here in Sioux City my son had a game at 8. After some visible lightning in the distance they called it off after 1 inning then of course not one drop of rain landed here.
Not sure. From what I've seen it just kind of popped up over the city and sat on us and took a big ole shit for 1.25 inches and 90mph winds.

• Wow
Reactions: TC Nole OX
We've been getting downpoured on all spring/summer but you guys seems to be getting all the damaging stuff

I live 50 miles southeast of Omaha. We had a lot of lightening around midnight, but only .19 inches of rain. Thankfully no wind or hail damage as well.

Reactions: noleclone2
Like any city, there are a few pockets of CB that are very nice neighborhoods. However, the shame over saying "I live in Council Bluffs" makes it not worth moving across the river.

They have a Flavor Town though.
Totally agree. A 15 minute drive here you can see 2 nice neighborhoods as well as 2 $hithole neighborhoods

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Since i've gotten older and been able to afford nice vehicles one of my biggest fears is hail while my truck is in the work parking lot instead of my garage...
I took some hail damage during the arbor day tornados. I was at work in Millard, safe and sound. Then about 4..4:30 our CFO says "hey, there's a break in the weather if you want to head out. I seriously thought of staying and just hammering out a little work, but ended up leaving early. Once I got about 2 blocks from home, the band of storm that had the eppley tornado produced some golf ball size hail and smoked my car and took out my windshield.

I was so pissed bc had I stayed at work I would have been fine.

• Angry
Reactions: ButtersHawk
Like any city, there are a few pockets of CB that are very nice neighborhoods. However, the shame over saying "I live in Council Bluffs" makes it not worth moving across the river.

They have a Flavor Town though.
I grew up just south of CB towards Glenwood. A lot of nice homes out there a lot of nice homes just east of CB, both are considered in the city that has a stigma around it but hey,at least I’m not a laker👍🏿

Reactions: millah_22
I grew up just south of CB towards Glenwood. A lot of nice homes out there a lot of nice homes just east of CB, both are considered in the city that has a stigma around it but hey,at least I’m not a laker👍🏿
A long time ago, prob 10 years now, someone from Carter Lake recognized me from the "post a pic of yourself" thread. He wanted to tell me all about Carter Lake, then told me he doesn't really care about Carter Lake. Then got mad when I said "If you don't care about Carter Lake, why is it all you want to talk about?"

• Haha
Reactions: Twoooooooo
Lost my sunflowers, neighbors back fence fell into my garden. 1 big branch from my silver maple fell last night, but didn't hit anything.

Neighbor to my right had a lot of big ass branches fall into the street and I helped them move them out of the street this morning. Neighbor to my left had a utility pole split vertically and is now leaning pretty hard behind their fence.

Still had no power when I left for work this morning. All-in-all not as bad as it could have been, others got it way worse. Apparently Eppley picked up 90mph gusts.
Neighborhood party?

Fence is back up and only lost 1 sunflower. Had to stake up the rest.

The big ass branch is really lodged in there so i cut what i could, and I'm going to have to eventually hire someone to take care of all the rest. I might just take the tree down, seems to be on its way out. :(

Anyway, OPPD said no power till Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT