ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha recruits win state title..

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Lots to unpack here, however Omaha Westside defeated Gretna last night on a walk-off FG. This is the largest HS classification in Nebraska and this game featured a few D1 recruits, including Gretna's QB Zane Flores, a kid who is going to to Okie State and would've looked great in black and gold.

Westside kicker, who LaVar is looking at, broke a Neb HS record with 5 FG's, including the winner, his 50 yarder earlier would've been good from 60. Westside also has another Iowa recruit, DB Benning, whose dad is former Husker Damon Benning. Benning picked off two passes and played on offense as well.

A tremendous game, one of the best I've seen in quite some time. Wait...didn't we have another walk off in that stadium lately? :)

What is the latest on Benning? Is there a shot of snagging him away with all the turmoil there? I know his dad is not an Iowa fan to put it mildly.

What is the latest on Benning? Is there a shot of snagging him away with all the turmoil there? I know his dad is not an Iowa fan to put it mildly.
No inside knowledge however one would think given Iowa's track record on D and the teaching of one Phil Parker that Iowa might have a shot. Might be another case of Keagan Johnson, maybe not. I think he's been to IC a few times.

We are good with kicker for the next 3 years. Doubt Stevens leaves early and he will get a scholly.

ADVERTISEMENT