ADVERTISEMENT

On 2 tOSU

I can't believe anyone who considers himself a Wrestling Fan, would ever advocate sitting out a Starter who is healthy, ESPECIALLY if both guys are highly ranked. Dual score shouldn't matter at that point. Get it on and see what happens.

You can sit your guy against Maryland or Michigan State and give the backup a little "love" then, if you must..
Brands already did this against their heavyweight who is highly ranked. No back up filled in.

Our backup is a true freshman. No need to waste a year for him for a match or 2 that don't matter. I haven't seen Holloway compete this year.

Costello is the true freshman backup? We have Cass coming in as a true freshman next year. One is gonna have to sit a large part of their career and I think most would agree Cass has the higher ceiling. If Costello gets a chance then I say burn baby burn! Although I hope Stoll just strolls out there and gives it a good go.

Reactions: 24 so far
125: NaTo too big, and man did he look good against Lizak. 0-3
133: Leave Glynn in for the rest of the year. 0-7
141: Hmm, maybe Turk? Either way lose by major. 0-11
149: Push the pace and BS can get the major. 4-11
157: Final score may be under 8 points, but Kem will control the match. 7-11
165: Good win with a chance at the major if Campbell fades. 10-11
174: This will be ugly. 10-15
184: Martin is wrecking dudes this year. I'm guessing Downey tries upper body and gets planted, maybe he squirms out. 10-20
197: Just too big and on a different level. Rides the emotion to a major. 10-24
HWT: No shame in losing to the best wrestler on the planet. 10-27

Pretty good squad they have in Columbus. We're clearly a step down. Similar to PSU, they just have some studs at weights that we do as well.
HA HA HA...DOWNEY HASN'T BEEN PLANTED SINCE 9TH GRADE, AGAINST A PA SR STUD OUT OF NORTHAMPTON. GO TO SLEEP, EINSTEIN.

Reactions: HIWILLE
If Downey can drop 24 lbs to go 84, why can't Bowman drop 10 lbs to go 74?
Come on, quit lolly popping this dude and make him tough.

How do people say "if you're being realistic, Iowa has no chance". That's ridiculous. Iowa has a chance. Not a great chance but definitely a realistic, possible chance. Any dual that you can conceivably win 5 out of the 10 matches, you have a realistic chance.

This has been the season of doubt. People in our own fan base have been doubting the team since pre season. Flo has been doubting us.

It's fine to think OSU will win the dual, but to say Iowa has no chance is ridiculous.

Yo Jack, maybe Bowman should shed 10 freaking pounds.

You missed the sarcasm, Air. I was referring to Bowman wrestling heavy as he did last last year to help out the team (and 184 and 197 I believe). This year he is a placeholder for PDIII at 184. The guy is an unbelievable selfless asset to the team. My post had nothing to do with PDIII. I think if Bowman could have made 174, he would have been there already. Love the kid and what he brings and to imply that he isn't being a team player by losing 10 more pounds is kind of insulting. I don't know the kid or his walk around weight, but he probably lost a descent amount of weight to make 184 for the team.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk and Huck
You missed the sarcasm, Air. I was referring to Bowman wrestling heavy as he did last last year to help out the team (and 184 and 197 I believe). This year he is a placeholder for PDIII at 184. The guy is an unbelievable selfless asset to the team. My post had nothing to do with PDIII. I think if Bowman could have made 174, he would have been there already. Love the kid and what he brings and to imply that he isn't being a team player by losing 10 more pounds is kind of insulting. I don't know the kid or his walk around weight, but he probably lost a descent amount of weight to make 184 for the team.
You have to think with the current depth in are upper weights and if Wilcke goes down to 184 next year; Bowman may also try to go down to 174 to have a spot his senior year.
18-19
174 Bowman Sr, Gunther Jr, Young So
184 Wilcke Jr, Wilson Fr
197 Warner FR, Brownlee So, Corbin Fr, Cook So
285 Stoll Sr, Costello Fr

Will have a solid starter and a capable backup(not in RS) at those four weights next year.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
HA HA HA...DOWNEY HASN'T BEEN PLANTED SINCE 9TH GRADE, AGAINST A PA SR STUD OUT OF NORTHAMPTON. GO TO SLEEP, EINSTEIN.

An out of shape Downey can absolutely get planted if the tries to go upper body with Myles. I'm guessing we won't have to worry about it anyways.

If Downey can drop 24 lbs to go 84, why can't Bowman drop 10 lbs to go 74?
Come on, quit lolly popping this dude and make him tough.
Why would we want Bowman to drop 10 pounds? So he is an underweight 184? That's just dumb. Ohhhhh wait. You mean because some dude not listed on the roster or mentioned by any of the staff is about to come in and take over? ok

You have to talk...slower....for....him....

Why would we want Bowman to drop 10 pounds? So he is an underweight 184? That's just dumb. Ohhhhh wait. You mean because some dude not listed on the roster or mentioned by any of the staff is about to come in and take over? ok
Not so fast, my friend. Brands said he was recruiting Downey after the last dual.

Reactions: SDHN2013
Not so fast, my friend. Brands said he was recruiting Downey after the last dual.
And here’s where things get interesting: Brands closed his press conference Sunday by answering a question about Pat Downey, the mercurial-yet-talented wrestler who committed to Iowa back in August. He could potentially join the program as early as this week.

“We are recruiting Pat Downey,” Brands said. “That’s all I can say about Pat Downey.”

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...restling-184-pounds-bowman-downey/1034491001/

I have only recently followed wrestling (I know I know) probably the last 5-7 years. Now I never miss an Iowa dual. That being said, this year has been the most enjoyable for me to watch as an Iowa wrestling fan since I started getting hooked. Is it just me or does this team, year, coaching staff seem to be a little different (in a good way). The wrestlers are wrestling looser and it is just more fun too watch. I think the coaches "missed" on a few prominent wrestlers- not because of their skill, but it seemed like there were some guys on the squad that have the character that this team has. Because of that reason I truly believe that this dual will be much more competitive than it looks on paper.

How do people say "if you're being realistic, Iowa has no chance". That's ridiculous. Iowa has a chance. Not a great chance but definitely a realistic, possible chance. Any dual that you can conceivably win 5 out of the 10 matches, you have a realistic chance.

This has been the season of doubt. People in our own fan base have been doubting the team since pre season. Flo has been doubting us.

It's fine to think OSU will win the dual, but to say Iowa has no chance is ridiculous.
Agree 100%. That being said, I’ll go 25-9 tOSU.

Brands already did this against their heavyweight who is highly ranked. No back up filled in.
Yeah, that's the problem. Granted, we were up 80-0 or whatever, but geezus. This ain't tiddlywinks. You wrestle a couple times a week tops, get out there and get after it.

Reactions: el dub
An out of shape Downey can absolutely get planted if the tries to go upper body with Myles. I'm guessing we won't have to worry about it anyways.
Dude, no-one in the country has come out on top when going upper body with Downey in the past ten years, except one time, Pete Renda in Las Vegas. Myles' coaches are much too smart to allow him to make the critcial error.

Reactions: bphawkeye_Rivals
Dude, no-one in the country has come out on top when going upper body with Downey in the past ten years, except one time, Pete Renda in Las Vegas. Myles' coaches are much too smart to allow him to make the critcial error.
BTW - I'm loving this smack talk! I was tuning in anyway - but now I'll bring some friends over for beers and wings!

Reactions: el dub
I have only recently followed wrestling (I know I know) probably the last 5-7 years. Now I never miss an Iowa dual. That being said, this year has been the most enjoyable for me to watch as an Iowa wrestling fan since I started getting hooked. Is it just me or does this team, year, coaching staff seem to be a little different (in a good way). The wrestlers are wrestling looser and it is just more fun too watch. I think the coaches "missed" on a few prominent wrestlers- not because of their skill, but it seemed like there were some guys on the squad that have the character that this team has. Because of that reason I truly believe that this dual will be much more competitive than it looks on paper.
You somehow got inside my head. Have the same exact thoughts about this year and upcoming meets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT