ADVERTISEMENT

On a different note . . . venue for '23 game against Northwestern?

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
A person who has consistently delivered accurate college sports information to me informed me that he's heard from some folks associated with Northwestern that the 2023 Iowa/Northwestern game will be at Wrigley Field. Checking on-line, I see a story about Northwestern hosting games at Wrigley in '22, '24 and '26 but not 2023. Anyone hearing anything along these lines?

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I heard that Cubs fans wanted to see an offense at Wrigley worse than the Cubs to make them feel better.

Sounds like Ricketts may deliver...

A person who has consistently delivered accurate college sports information to me informed me that he's heard from some folks associated with Northwestern that the 2023 Iowa/Northwestern game will be at Wrigley Field. Checking on-line, I see a story about Northwestern hosting games at Wrigley in '22, '24 and '26 but not 2023. Anyone hearing anything along these lines?
I believe Wrigley is where Northwestern is planning on playing all home games next year while they renovate Ryan Field. 2023 schedule has not been released though, so not even 100% sure that we will play at Northwestern next year? Schedule’s could start to look a lot different if divisions go away.

I believe Wrigley is where Northwestern is planning on playing all home games next year while they renovate Ryan Field. 2023 schedule has not been released though, so not even 100% sure that we will play at Northwestern next year? Schedule’s could start to look a lot different if divisions go away.
September (and maybe October) home games would be quite interesting. Don't know how they'd go back-and-forth between the two setups like the old cookie-cutter stadiums were designed to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT