ADVERTISEMENT

On a lighter note...

93hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 19, 2004
it seems like we're all keyed up about recruiting. But I saw Harrison Ford movie The Fugitive was on TV earlier today and made me think about Ford and Cory Clark's opponents this year had this in common: they were assaulted by a one-armed man.
It's easy to enjoy a stupid joke like that when your guy wins it all
:)

2skn9u.jpg

Reactions: WDuck5217
I once coached a high school kid (about .500 record) who lost to a guy in a tournament who actually was missing an arm. After the match my kid started complaining how strong the "stump" was and how he couldn't do anything.o_O I told him maybe we should saw off one of his own arms to make things fair.

I recall posting in jest that Dan Dennis was going to have a leg amputated to help McD train for Robles. And, predictably, a few people questioned the validity of the post.

Looking back, given that he didn't medal in Brazil, he probably wishes he would have done this.

I once coached a high school kid (about .500 record) who lost to a guy in a tournament who actually was missing an arm. After the match my kid started complaining how strong the "stump" was and how he couldn't do anything.o_O I told him maybe we should saw off one of his own arms to make things fair.

So Robles wasn't the first person the lay on his stump?

I recall posting in jest that Dan Dennis was going to have a leg amputated to help McD train for Robles. And, predictably, a few people questioned the validity of the post.

Looking back, given that he didn't medal in Brazil, he probably wishes he would have done this.

I had often wondered how Robles would've done in Worlds/Olympic competition. Had he been allowed to stay down low, as was his ncaa style, I think he would've been hard to beat. Without exposing his leg, opponents always had to engage his massive arms and upper body. Would that have even been allowed?

In the recent wtts, refs made guys get up, and not stay on a knee. I don't know how international rules address that.

I played FP softball against a one armed man back in the day! Some of you from the Muscatine area might remember him. Pitched right handed and had a pretty good swing for being one armed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT