ADVERTISEMENT

On July 17, 2020, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Announced She Had Cancer Again. It's pretty obvious Now that she should have Stepped Down in July or Even Sooner

its ironic how the D's accuse the R's of saying one thing one year and something else now when it comes to a Supreme Court vacancy.

Well, Ruth did the same thing when it came to the Supreme Court vacancy. She said one thing one year and something else right up until her death.. Again, she was quoted saying "I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that."

Well, from watching interviews yesterday of her friends, it was clear that for at least several weeks she was NOT "fully able to do that."

Nobody should be playing games with the Supreme Court. Not the R's, not the D's, not ever RBG.

Enough with the random formatting. For Christ’s sake...

IF a 87 yr old Supreme Court Justice has terminal cancer
and then misleads the public about her condition............
we have an issue of doing what is best for the nation.

RBG did it her way and now the truth is that a U.S. President
has a term of 4 years, not 3 years and 9 months. Nothing in
the U.S. Constitution prohibits a President from nominating
a Justice for the U.S Supreme Court.
its ironic how the D's accuse the R's of saying one thing one year and something else now when it comes to a Supreme Court vacancy.

Well, Ruth did the same thing when it came to the Supreme Court vacancy. She said one thing one year and something else right up until her death.. Again, she was quoted saying "I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that."

Well, from watching interviews yesterday of her friends, it was clear that for at least several weeks she was NOT "fully able to do that."

Nobody should be playing games with the Supreme Court. Not the R's, not the D's, not ever RBG.
She did mislead the nation, lets face it. Because of politics. And politics don't belong in the Supreme Court. Period.

And, no, I am not in favor of overturning any existing laws, for the record. Not abortion. Not the ACA.
Yeah, I’m glad we agree that Republicans were in 2016. Where were you then? But they set precedent. The Democrats are staying consistent with this. Try following simple logic.

Reactions: Joes Place
Logically she probably should have stepped down but there’s no evidence of any harm to SCOTUS.

Not many thought Trump would win, especially the Democrats. There was no reason to be worried. Replacing RGB was supposed to be Hillary's job.

Why was it "ok" in 2016 to have an 8 judge SC that could have been deadlocked on any Constitutional voting issue, but suddenly in 2020 that's "unpossible"?

Be specific.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The big problem is that Trump was elected. Those that voted for him are culpable in the demise we're seeing in the country, including the Supreme Court. This disgusting chapter in the history of our country will take a few generations, at least, to resolve.
You know who I think he should have nominated? What person do you think he could reasonably nominate that would cause liberal heads to explode? Seriously. See if you can guess. I bet you can. It would be a master stroke.

You know who I think he should have nominated? What person do you think he could reasonably nominate that would cause liberal heads to explode? Seriously. See if you can guess. I bet you can. It would be a master stroke.
Kamala Harris?

Kamala Harris?
Bob Barr. Maybe you were thrown off by the fact he said a woman.

Though I actually kinda agree with you’re answer. That would be acceptable too. In a troll sorta way. Wonder what she’d do?

RBG was under no legal obligation to step down. There's no way for us to know the extent she may have been physically affected in her ability to do her job.

Her motives for not resigning appear to be political, but that really doesn't matter. If it's true she said her appointment should wait until the next administration, then she was putting politics ahead of the Constitution.

Though I disagreed with many of her opinions, she always had some well thought legal basis. She wasn't one to use lazy, tortured logic in her opinions.

RIP.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT