ADVERTISEMENT

On this date in 1982 Heavy-Metal-monster Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat in Des Moines

Supposedly Ozzy didn't think it was a real bat that a fan threw up on stage. Afterward while talking to authorities he commented, "What kind of a F***ing idiot brings a real bat to a concert!!!!!!"

Reactions: cigaretteman
He bit the head off a baby chicken at the old Armory in Kirksville in 1970.
Shut the front door. Seriously? Our fraternity house was a block from there, 402 S. Elson. We would play football on the front lawn of the Armory all the time. I was there in the mid to late 80's though.

Shut the front door. Seriously? Our fraternity house was a block from there, 402 S. Elson. We would play football on the front lawn of the Armory all the time. I was there in the mid to late 80's though.

My old HS football team mate, who went to school down there, tells me it was December 1969, not early 1970 as I recalled.

BTW - I visited Kirksville many times to visit friends in school down there while I was at Iowa and I have to say Kirksville was a happening town back in the day. Lot's of pretty fresh faced Missouri girls back then too.

My old HS football team mate, who went to school down there, tells me it was December 1969, not early 1970 as I recalled.

BTW - I visited Kirksville many times to visit friends in school down there while I was at Iowa and I have to say Kirksville was a happening town back in the day. Lot's of pretty fresh faced Missouri girls back then too.
Yeah, over the last 15-20 years the school has continued to get better and better but the town itself has only gotten worse. It’s getting to the point of affecting enrollments and it seems like a losing battle because I really don’t see the town making a comeback.
Sorry for the csb and thread derailment.

Yeah, over the last 15-20 years the school has continued to get better and better but the town itself has only gotten worse. It’s getting to the point of affecting enrollments and it seems like a losing battle because I really don’t see the town making a comeback.
Sorry for the csb and thread derailment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT